March 2018 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• zerlinna87
    zerlinna87 Posts: 120 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    zerlinna87 wrote: »
    Had a good 2 mile run/walk from c25k today.

exercise.png

Anyone know why my ticker is only showing 4 miles? It should say 6 miles. The image when I copy the URL is 6, and that's what I have in the current cumulative value box.
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    @garygse The one nice thing about a "Northern" climate /environment is we don't have to worry about skunks and snakes. Would rather meet a bear than a skunk.
    simcon1 wrote: »
    I love the “embrace the suck” motto—nice T-shirt
    @simcon1 If your interested in one Embrace The Suck Shirt for yourself try this link.

@JessicaMcB I agree with your " Come on dirt trail, I want to tear you up "
    Jasper HM promises to be interesting, t shirt, shorts and snowshoes?
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,998 Member
    Options
    Had a good 2 mile run/walk from c25k today.

exercise.png

Anyone know why my ticker is only showing 4 miles? It should say 6 miles. The image when I copy the URL is 6, and that's what I have in the current cumulative value box.

It shows 6 now. Sometimes the ticker is slow to update. It will eventually catch up.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,998 Member
    Options
    @Orphia I wore my "embrace the suck" shirt yesterday too!
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    girlinahat wrote: »
    So.......I RAN TODAY!!!

short and slow to keep the heart rate down, but I RAN!!!

:p

Hooray! I think I may have missed something in the massive sea of posts I wasn't able to read, but I think I gathered that you have been ill? I hope this means that you are feeling better. Congrats on the run!
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,801 Member
    Options
    3/1-2.5 miles
    3/2-3.5 miles + P90X3 CVX
    3/3-6.25 miles
    3/4-3 miles + P90X3 agility X
    3/5-Rest Day
    3/6-5 miles + P90X shoulders and arms & ab ripper X
    3/7-2 miles + Legs and back
    3/8-3.5 miles

25.75/65 miles

Upcoming races:
    May 12- Montana Women's run 5 miles
    July 17-Missoula Marathon
    September 16- Montana half Marathon
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    girlinahat wrote: »
    So.......I RAN TODAY!!!

short and slow to keep the heart rate down, but I RAN!!!

:p

YAY!!!
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    7lenny7 wrote: »
    juliet3455 wrote: »
    @garygse The one nice thing about a "Northern" climate /environment is we don't have to worry about skunks and snakes. Would rather meet a bear than a skunk.

I must not be far enough north. I encountered a skunk on a run last fall. I've also encounter a porcupine, but they're harmless unless you try to pet them.

If you ever have a nasty encounter with a skunk, look up the recipe for the baking soda, hydrogen peroxide, and dish detergent mixture to neutralize the odor. It WORKS. Ask Kody how I know. I now keep those supplies in my hunting gear.

@lporter229 you don't keep a flashlight in your car?

No, I should though, for lots of reasons. And it's funny that you mention that because I was about half way home when I realized that I could have taken one from work and used that. I think it was just not meant to happen last night.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Sigh. It's only ridiculous to take the day off of work to do a practice race trail run two hours from home of you lock your keys in the car while you use the port-a-potty. Will have to wait about 45 minutes for the locksmith, then I can do my run.

I have nightmares about doing this! My keys go on a clip inside my Nathan waist belt. But every time I shut the door I freak out thinking I just locked my keys in the car! Hope you get a good run in anyway!