March goals
    Under 167

Weekly weigh-in
    Starting weight Jan 3, 2018: 176.0
    Aiming at 150ish
    Progress so far:

Mar 7 168.4
    Jan 3: 176.0

Great job -- you are down almost 10#!!!!! You are going to meet your March goals - you are only 1 pound away! So proud of you!

I've got 3 weeks to still try and meet mine :s But at least this week I am doing better!
  • bcTRAI
    bcTRAI Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    @joan6630 thanks so much hon. It's really weird how one illness I seemed to hold on to weight and this last one it was easier to deal with it. You can do this as well. I, in fact every one of us, are here for every other one of us. XO
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »

Ahh I didn’t realise you were having a break from social media. Must have missed the post!
    In these last stages it probably is best to reduce your stress, have you got everything you need for your baby boy? I’m so excited for when he arrives! Casey was my heaviest too!
    It wasn’t great for us that I was running out the day before my induction buying Moses baskets, more clothes and bottles and pumps (which I’ve not even used yet!) so getting rest now is a v good idea!

Make sure you take good care of you and that baby! Have you had to stop exercising or is it a bit hard to do now?

Sounds like your other boys are doing great! Are they excited for their new baby brother?!

I've been ordering baby items every week since I was 5 months pregnant. So I have about 3 big items left to buy and the rest is all small cute items (or items that the baby will use when he is older).

My doctor advised me to decrease exercise bc it cause me to have contractions. Therefore I can walk or do yoga but that is it.

The boys are super excited about their little brother. Of course it will be more exciting when they can see him, Lol :blush:
  • missheidi
    missheidi Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    missheidi wrote: »
    JFT 3/8
    oh, i'm sore. I yoga-ed hard tuesday and i'm going to do it again tonight.
    log everything :)
    stay green :/ i was green on calories but over on carbs
    drink 80 :)
    yoga class :) i nearly skipped. glad i went, of course.
    fix the nose on the darn corgi.
    :) she likesit!

• missheidi
    Options
    JFT 3/9
    log everything
    stay green. not worrying so much about carbs, we are going out to eat tonight
    drink 80
    maybe workout. getting the big kid ready for a church retreat. hoping for a few minutes to get a Leslie sansone mile or two in.
    hmmmm starting a small crochet bookmark for a friend. it shouldn't take more than a couple hours at most.
  • acrylicfox
    acrylicfox Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Day 36: Cool as a cucumber. B)

Day 37:
    limit kj
    limit sugars
    avoid gluten and dairy
    exercise at least 2hr

repeat after me: Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    JFT 3/9
    log everything
    stay green. not worrying so much about carbs, we are going out to eat tonight
    drink 80
    maybe workout. getting the big kid ready for a church retreat. hoping for a few minutes to get a Leslie sansone mile or two in.
    hmmmm starting a small crochet bookmark for a friend. it shouldn't take more than a couple hours at most.

I’ve seen some lovely crochet bookmarks on Pinterest, some crochet feather ones.

Shame I dont really read books
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,480 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Recap R 3/8 - Too many snooze alarms / listened to my body & took a rest day
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work = Fitbit 8,543 steps, 250+ steps 13/14 & 28 floors :smiley:
    2) Leftovers for lunch / not sure of supper (trying to locate recipe) / net calories w/i 100 green / monitor usual = Net calories -219, sugar -12, sodium / protein / fiber good & 15c water :neutral:
    3) Evening: choir :smiley: / wash dishes :smiley: / at least 1 to-do :smiley: 2 small tasks, but progress
    4) Unplug 9:00 (seriously!) :smiley: / floss :( / retainers :( / bed & TV off 10:15 (treadmill F a.m.) :smiley: barely

JFT F 3/9
    1) Treadmill before work / 3 mi 48:46 / stretched :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work
    3) Usual breakfast & snacks / leftovers for lunch / hamburger soup & salad for supper / net calories green
    4) Evening: make soup / wash towels / call mom & dad / start meal plan & grocery list / maybe 1 more to-do? it's Friday!
    5) Unplug 10:00 / must floss & retainers! / not too late to bed, want to keep sleep rhythm stable, especially with clocks advancing Sat.

@MLHC1 So happy to read your updates. By all means, listen to your counselor and take social media breaks (there's a reason I list Unplug before bed). Forget about to-do lists, too. Don't worry about exercise, you can return to that after Noah arrives...you must be so excited! And congrats on the finishing of your research project, what a relief that will be to be done for a few months (good timing, too). Take care of you! (((hugs)))

@acrylicfox You're welcome! :wink: So glad I could help.

@joan6630 and others who struggle with drinking water: I found this interesting, if a little dated, thread on MFP: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/106390/water-and-peeing/p2 . There's more threads, if anyone's interested, or maybe that's TMI. :D Anyway, my body has adapted quite well to drinking 10-12c water per day, and if I don't, I crave water and my skin feels dry. Water has lots of benefits for the body beyond weight loss. And I'm not running to the bathroom every hour, either.

Have a great day everyone!
  • sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    JFY (Thursday)
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water :)
    2. Log all the food I eat :)
    3. Stay in the green with my food intake :)
    4. Complete 6 orders from my shop :)
    5. Shovel driveway :) (Wasn't much snow, but enough to give me a bit of exercise for the day.)

JFT (Friday)
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water
    2. Log all the food I eat
    3. Stay in the green with my food intake
    4. Complete 6 orders from my shop
    5. Get back to the gym!!! (30 minute circuit, 30 minutes on treadmill)
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »

Yes I did. Trying to figure out how to get the other views to post. I'm not super happy with it.

You should be very proud of it!! You did a great job! I don't know how to knit or crochet -- something I would love to learn .... if only I had more time! Please post more - love to see them.

I agree with Joan! I think you did a great job too! I would love to know how to crochet or knit. If I had something I could do in the livingroom by my husband at night, it would be perfect for stress relief plus still getting our time together at the end of the day. Very cute! Show us more!
  • Bex953172
    Options
    @missheidi
    I missed the corgi!
    It is well good!!

I’m never happy with anything of mine lol

In fact, I don’t think I’ve even ever finished anything :sweat_smile:
  • missheidi
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    @missheidi
    I missed the corgi!
    It is well good!!

I’m never happy with anything of mine lol

In fact, I don’t think I’ve even ever finished anything :sweat_smile:

did you find the picture?
  • Bex953172
    Options
    So goals for Friday:
    - Log all food... accurately!
    - 6 glasses of water

Hm. It would appear even this is too hard 11 days post-partum
    It has naffed me off a little.
    You know when you have one of them good days, everything falls into place, everything’s on time and runs like clockwork! Yeah well that was yesterday

Today that clock was on acid or something.

Yesterday I was up and showered and dressed, had all the kids dressed and hairs done and lunch packed for the eldest for nursery, until partner said I couldn’t use the car due to the new brakes, he wants to wear them in properly which I don’t mind, he spent the money buying them and his time fitting them so no problem, so he said he’d take the eldest in for me. She never got there because he wasn’t feeling the best, the weather was crud anyway. Anyway I felt a bit poop because I put in so much effort to get ready like a “proper Mum” and actually did it for basically nothing.

Aaanyway
    Today was the opposite, not enough sleep, rushing to get ready, no shower; baby screaming her head off, lounge was a mess.
    Fortunately as soon as Casey got outside she stopped crying.

I’ve felt bit off today, forever trying to play catch up, as soon as something was tidy it was a mess again. The kids running around in circles over and and over. I’ve not had one peaceful feed, just quietly. There’s no room in this house, wherever you go someone will be there at some point.

The neighbours have been doing house renovation .. 10am to 8pm. And tbh I didn’t mind the drilling and hammering until about 7pm and I realised the constant noise has given me a pounding headache

So didn’t do either goals, just gave up because I’m in a foul temper.
    Partners just sorted me out with a cup of tea, cinnamon swirl pastry and some ibuprofen so hopefully feel ok soon..