One Food You Avoided Since Childhood

Options

Replies

• anl90
    anl90 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    Tomatoes. Raisins. Bananas. I to this day cannot stand any of them. Over the years I have here and there given them another try just to see if things have changed, but nope. Still hate them.
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Sam29a wrote: »
    Sheep trotters and tripe. Why would anyone choose to eat it?!

Also, this stuff. tf66lqm6jkio.jpg

Once when I was 7 or 8, my sister and I ate a whole packet of it between us. Never felt so sick after and never touched the stuff again.

What is that? It looks like the crystals they use to keep stuff dried out, and I use in my litter box! In which case, yeah, that'd make you pretty sick, lol.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    There is a very long list of meat I've never tried including lamb, liver, bison, duck...so many. I think I had one bite of venison in my teens and didn't like it. I was never much for ribs or steak, either. Hate chicken wings. As a kid I would only eat breast meat which my grandparents saw as a major character flaw, lol (many of my relatives preferred dark meat and the other kids fought over the legs, ewww).

Now I'm married to a guy who doesn't eat meat and that suits me very well. I haven't had pork or turkey in years and totally fine with it. Even though I DO love (and eat) hamburgers, roast beef, meatloaf, and chicken in Italian dishes or boneless chunks like you get at say, Chipotle (but not chicken on the bone)...I'm like a part-time vegetarian since he does all the cooking & we don't eat beef, pork or poultry at home. I love that he's not pounding on his chest saying "I need some ribeye steak, woman" like the stereotype.
  • Fisah17
    Fisah17 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    kam26001 wrote: »
    dbanks80 wrote: »
    Pork chops. That's some prison tray fare.

I had pork chops tonight for dinner with roasted brussel sprouts.
    I wish I could like brussel sprouts. They are beautiful on the stalk. Why do they taste so bitter though? :s

The only way I can tolerate Brussels sprouts is if they are roasted. Come to think of it most foods I don't like are better roasted!
  • shenanigans_
    shenanigans_ Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Squash
  • ValeriePlz
    ValeriePlz Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Hated, still hate: coconut, melon, raw tomatoes

Hated, now love: vegetables, meatloaf, mushrooms, dark meat chicken, anchovies, butterscotch

Loved, now hate: super sweet candy (tastes changed), honey mustard sauce
  • Robyn973
    Robyn973 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Fish Sticks and any fish that might be the type of fish used in fish sticks. Made me sick as a child so I will not eat any fish that could have been used in fish sticks.
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,786 Member
    Options
    raw tomatos, have tried them a couple times as an adult, and still a big NOPE.
    Sour Cream.
  • sandy_taylor13
    sandy_taylor13 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Beets. I'm sorry, but they taste like dirt. And yes, I've had dirt. LOL
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    Robyn973 wrote: »
    Fish Sticks and any fish that might be the type of fish used in fish sticks. Made me sick as a child so I will not eat any fish that could have been used in fish sticks.

:o I looooove fishfinger , egg and relish sandwiches :D

Cooked beans.. ewww love them fresh off the vine though
  • beaglady
    beaglady Posts: 1,362 Member
    Options
    canned peas

Same here; they are disgusting.

Me three.
  • BethClicks
    BethClicks Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Anything spicy, now I put hot sauce on everything!
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,770 Member
    Options
    Ketchup. Never liked it as a kid. Had a cousin who used to douse everything he ate with ketchup and it always turned my stomach. In high school I worked in a restaurant and one of my tasks was refilling the ketchup bottles from a giant tub in the back fridge (bet you never thought about why the ketchup bottles on restaurant tables are always full). The smell would make me retch every time. And when the bottles of ketchup were crusty around the rim...I shudder to think about it.

Whenever we went out for Chinese food, my family would order shrimp and lobster sauce. It was my brother's absolute favorite...but the sauce always looked like mucus to me. Now it isn't something I'd order, but it doesn't taste as gross as it looks.

• kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    Options
    Always thought these looked too gross to try.

une-hostess-sno-balls.jpg
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,770 Member
    Options
    Always thought these looked too gross to try.

une-hostess-sno-balls.jpg

Oh...they are revolting (marshmallow and coconut are two more things I don't eat)...but they were my mom's favorite growing up.
  • jaxxie
    jaxxie Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Asparagus
  • SabAteNine
    SabAteNine Posts: 1,866 Member
    Options
    I ate everything and anything, but not cauliflower. I haven't tasted cauliflower until I was 18. Something to do with how it smelled when boiled (grandma).
    Now I really enjoy it, although it's one of the foods which can be a bit nasty during digestion :)
  • tirowow12385
    tirowow12385 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    Canned Sardines, they stink and taste funny.