WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2018

Options

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
    bwcetc wrote: »
    Joyce ... For years I complained that my husband didn't communicate with me ... he just dumped his work day on me or got frustrated when I talked too much. But the table has turned. I am very busy and out of the house with our OS ...

and with the hearing loss ... even when home ... I don't hear or listen unless the conversation is very intentional. And guess what? Someone now accuses me of not communicating! LOL! We have taken to texting "good morning" after we get to work and like Machka I send emails when necessary.

Heather ... you are an inspiration! On the BP, I get white coat syndrome as well. My doctor knows this and now doesn't bother with a BP when I first come in. I have a habit of talking and kidding around a lot during an appointment, so they wait until almost the end of our appointment to take my BP. That has been working well.

Pip ... did you mention wind?

Dana ... I am so jealous of your blooming dogwoods ... all we have here is snow and more snow!

Wendy ... at first I thought it was a photo of you! If your daughter doesn't snag an engagement from her young man with that dress, then he must be blind. Wowzers!!

I am cooking and cleaning in preparation of my son coming home today ... flying in late. One of his flights is already delayed so hoping that he makes all of his connections. Karen NY ... praying your daughter has safe travels home today as well.

Beth near Buffalo

ughhhhhhhh
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,117 Member
    Options
    Ginger- (((hugs))) sorry to hear that you are going through such a hard time right now. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family!

<3

Mary from Arizona
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,054 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,922 Member
    Options
    :)Laura, I shut off all the automatic news feed stuff. If I want anyone to know about my calories in or calories out, I write a short message about it. Once you've been doing this for awhile, you learn what works and you keep doing it.

<3 Barbie
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,826 Member
    Options
    <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

bike ride hm 2 gym- 7.33min, 146mhr, 11.9amph. 1.4mi= 91c
    apple watch- 74c
    LATERAL MACHINE- 30min, 11laps, 60aw, lvl8, 120ahr, 145mhr, 2.66mi = 232c
    apple watch- 211c
    fl exercises- 9.27min, 2sets 15ea, 5 diff exercises, 133mhr= 63c
    apple watch- 61c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 5.49min, 15.2amph, 135mhr, 1.4mi= 69c
    apple watch- 58c
    Bike ride puy 2 sumn sta- 16.17min, 11.2amph, 148mhr, 3mi= 155c
    apple watch- 115c
    jog sta 2 wk- 4.47min, 9.18min mi, 154mhr .5mi= 67c
    apple watch- 58c
    jog wk 2 sta- 21.13min, 8amphr, 152mhr,2.8mi = 208c
    apple watch- 62c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 4.15min,9.19min mi, 152mhr, .4mi= 71c
    apple watch- 168c

total cal 956
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,346 Member
    Options
    Did Zuka Power Cardio Disc 1 DVD. Boy, is that an intense workout! The plan for tomorrow is to do the Melt it Off Cardio DVD.

Heather - I'm sure you're a great help to people who are discouraged, just knowing that there are ups and downs certainly makes me feel better.

Lisa - so sorry to hear about the house. But happy about the one in Fort Smith!!! Wow ! Looks like a real beauty. I've always liked ranches

I'm in charge of getting a magician to perform for the Newcomers. I have things already set up with him. He performed for us a few years ago, but in that time he has really come up in the world. I'm happy for him for that. Anyway, about the venue, we used another one before and we've always had problems so I remembered that a few years ago I was helping the Newcomers have an event at this other place and to my surprise they said "we'll throw in the room for free". When we returned from FL I confirmed with the gal that the room would be included and she said (I think) "as long as you have a member in good standing". Well, she knows that this one guy is in good standing. But last night, for the first time ever, I got heart palpitations, I couldn't sleep, I lost all appetite (well, I guess there's a silver lining...). This morning I could see my hands shaking. I'm just concerned about this. We won't be able to meet with her to get the contract until this Thursday. I don't want to be this way until then. So...I've asked the gal to at least email me something stating that the room fee is included. Hopefully, that'll put my mind at ease. Maybe my problem is that I'm getting involved in too many things. Volunteering at the Green Room, ceramics, mahjongg, Rummikub (requesting the host, sending out the notice), bowling (which I help Vince with), volunteering at the church, having the March board meeting at our home, securing the conference room for our Board Meetings, now adding this. It was so very relaxing in FL, wish I was there without any worries, but that's not possible. I did have to get things covered for me (like the hospitality for Newcomers). But, really, this isn't all that much extra. So why am I so anxious?

Elaine - welcome! Yea for being cancer free!

We actually had to fight to keep Denise back a year in kindergarten. We didn't feel she was ready, but the teachers supposedly did (or did they just feel they should push her thru?)

"various DH's who do not take good care of their health." Now my dh is just the opposite. The first sign of a sneeze, and he's at the doctor's

Angie - you should be worried about reinjuring your shoulder. Totally understandable. Good for you taking it easier. Congrats on the loss

Picked up two prescriptions for Vince and ran into a neighbor of mine. She's agreed to sign for the room for the magician. Now I just hope she goes thru with it.

Olivia - welcome! I can't get over how many restaurants there are in Hickory. Most of them serve Southern cooking food (yuk). Isn't logging an eye opener? I never in my widest dreams imagined that sweet potatoes had as many calories in them as they do. But they are good (and good for you) Congrats on the no fast food! Pretty soon you won't want it at all. I had a cauliflower pancake at this restaurant, and was it ever good!

Ginger - (((HUGS)))

Michele in NC
  • langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    <3<3
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies,
    Sneezed and deleted post. D@!&* phone! Over 13,000 steps today! Already had burned my calories by the time I got home from work, hit step goal while cooking dinner, still hadn't hit exercise minutes, so walked some more!
    Welcome to the newcomers. Peace and hugs to those in need. Congrats to all! I am on page 19. I will get there!

Kylia sleepy time in Ohio