JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Oh @Bex953172 that does sound like a terrible day! I’m so sorry. My younger daughter also had prolonged jaundice and I remember having to drag baby and toddler to the hospital every week or two for her to be tested. Some midwives also have a way of making you feel inadequate. Just hang in there and don’t take anything they say to heart. You are doing a brilliant job.
  • Faebert
    Options
    I have had a good Monday. Still fighting extreme tiredness as party recovery was hampered a bit by the birthday girl waking up last night sick! Still have managed to hit most goals and feeling positive. Hoping for a good night’s rest tonight.

Goals 12/3:
    Exercise early ✅
    Stay within calorie goal ✅
    2ltr + water :| more caffeine than water
    Put up completed display ✅
    Meet with Head re twinning call :/ she was busy all day
    Meet with B re parent meeting ✅ meeting went v well
    Input data first set ✅
    Batch cook veggies after work ✅

Goals for 13/3:
    - exercise before kids get up
    - Water!!!
    - Stay within calorie goal
    - Data input 2
    - Chase head for meeting
    - Maybe hot yoga if above gets finished

Just waiting for my veggies to finish cooking then bed!

Night you awesome people x
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    @Bex953172 Those midwives need to realize that yes you have a newborn but you also have other members of your family to take care of as well as a longstanding emotional illness. They should definitely be more caring or at least not so inconsiderate! I dont know how you are doing it! With all that stress I probably would have done or said something really stupid to them! Praying for you my dear!

@missheidi I'm with @toaljasa I need my kitchen/fridge/pantry to be orderly. If not my brain scatters and I get completely overwhelmed until I have no idea what I'm doing. Then the anxiety starts and I dont end up cooking anything. Lol. It's just so much easier to take a some time out of my day once a week and just organize everything. Doesnt take too long because it's already kind of organized. It's mainly taking care of outliers and things. Lol.

@Faebert I'm so glad that you have all those smileys! I hope your daughter is feeling better! I have to ask, though, what is your profession? I get the feeling that you are a teacher, but I could be way off! Lol.

Today was actually a really great day! The DH and I did pretty much nothing. I went out for a water cup, to pick up my books from the library and to get the DH's medication. Other than that I spent the rest of the time at home. I took a nap in the middle of the morning because I was so tired! It was totally random! Lol. It was also weird eating dinner in the daylight too. It's the first time that has happened since early fall. Lol.

I made a new recipe for dinner, Turkey Lasagna Soup. The DH devoured it! Lol. I thought it was great too. I froze a bunch of it for dinner later in the week. The DH closes his store twice this week so I'll defrost it for him so he can eat when he gets home. Next time though, I think I am going to double it. Lol.

I hope everyone is having a great evening!
  • frenchfancy2014
    frenchfancy2014 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Feeling good. Not weighed self yet but didn’t even notice I had hardly eaten in day and didn’t then compensate by bingeing as soon as I got home✔️ amazed 15 days of logging passed so quick. Little steps ...
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Just for Monday:
    1. Journal every bite :smile:
    2. 75 oz of water :(
    3. Get up and move every 30 to 60 minutes :sBack to back meetings/conference calls so got up every chance I could but not this often.
    4. Do NOT stress out over being behind at work. Use breathing, Calm or Headspace apps, or walking meditation if I begin to feel overwhelmed. :)I did not stress out. I took each thing as it came, one meeting and project at a time and actually got some really important new pieces in place in this job. Pretty happy. Great day!
    5. Listen to Optimal Living & Optimal Health podcasts, as well as minimalism podcasts :)
    6. Attend to Body, Mind & Spirit :smile: Gave myself a facial :smile: Podcasts and reading :smile: Took time to sit quietly this morning and pray
    7. Reach out with one random act of kindness today :)Complimented colleagues and made some of them laugh and smile
    8. Prep for Tuesday :)Clothes and lunch ready. Coffeemaker auto set.
    9. Unplug at 9:00 and read Simple Abundance, Beck's Diet Solution & New Day New You (joyce meyer), and write in gratitude journal :wink: Well, obviously I'm not in bed yet, but I'm going. I'll do all these except for the 9:00 part....although if you don't count Daylight Savings Time making me lose an hour, I'd be right on time!

Just for Tuesday, 3/13
    1. Journal every bite
    2. Hydrate, Hydrate Hydrate (more than Monday)
    3. After every meeting, go get a glass of water and take a lap through the building
    4. 6000 steps / 250+ steps every hour
    5. Work on 3 tiny habits: After pouring coffee, read 1 Bible verse. After finishing dinner, pick out tomorrow's outfit. After brushing teeth at bedtime, wash and moisturize my face.
    6. Email catch-up at work. Handle each email once and get it out of my Inbox
    7. Podcasts: Optimal Living Daily, Optimal Health Daily, Minimalism
    8. Body, Mind & Spirit - address each
    9. Prep for tomorrow tonight
    10. Unplug 9:00, read Simple Abundance, Beck's Diet Solution, 52 Small Changes to a Happier You (title?) and Joyce Meyer's New Day New You.
    11. Do NOT hit snooze in the morning! (This should be #1 but I just thought of it.)

Have a GREAT day everyone! I wish I had time to reply to everyone who wrote me such kind words and for holding me up...but I'm exhausted from working today and really need to go to bed now!

Hugs and love to all~ :heart:

I cannot always control what happens in life, but I can certainly control how I react to it!

• Faebert
    Options
    @HGSmith0920 - yes I am a primary school teacher. I teach Year 1 so have 30 5-6 year olds in my class. It’s pretty full on but I guess at least it’s never dull! Have you heard yet from the bank? Not sure if I’ve missed it but hope you have a plan for starting soon.

@OConnell5483 - wow! What a brilliant first day back at work for you. So impressive after you’ve been so ill.

Hope everyone else has a good Tuesday. I’m up early and ready to work out after coffee #2 kicks in ;)

X
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Today’s been pooooo

Just trying to hold out til I’m discharged from their care and just not crack in the meantime

Sorry for the long unrelated post, just had to get it out to save my sanity!

You never apologize for coming on here---there's no need to do so. You are in a huge transition right now. You are coping very well, considering what is on your plate. Thank you for opening up. We are praying and thinking of you. I wish you peace of heart and mind and that through the midst of the chaos, frustration, and feeling adrift, that you still find the bits of joy that are darting in and out around you.
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Yesterday's commitments:
    - Log everything I eat :)
    - Stick to food plan :| Nearly, just had...
    - No alcohol :) .... one g&t at comedy gig. Comedy is much improved by alcohol
    - Walk to work :)
    - 30+ minute lunch break (look at holidays) :)
    - Spend 30+ minutes reading line management course guide :)

Today's commitments:
    - Log everything I eat
    - Stick to food plan including keeping lunch under 400 kcals
    - Prepare key feedback points about my boss (mwah ha ha)
    - Read sector recommendations
    - Read internal vacancies job descriptions and decide whether to apply for any
    - Read some of line management guide
  • sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    JFY (Monday)
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water :)
    2. Log all the food I eat :)
    3. Stay in the green with my food intake :)
    4. Complete 5 orders from my shop :D (Ended up completing 8!!)
    5. Go to the gym (30 min circuit, 30 min treadmill) :)
    6. Go with son to look into a possible job for him :) (He had an interview and should find out if he got it within a couple weeks.)

JFT (Tuesday)
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water
    2. Log all the food I eat
    3. Stay in the green with my food intake
    4. Complete 4 orders from my shop
    5. Go to the gym (30 min circuit, 30 min treadmill)
  • sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    @Bex953172 I'm sorry you had such a stressful day. You would think people like midwives, doctors etc... would understand the stress involved in taking care of a household with a newborn and would be willing to be flexible with visits etc... Hang in there and vent here whenever you need to.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Checking in from Monday:
    1. Log accurately. ❌ Pack lunch and log it before heading out. ✔ COFFEE SMOOTHIE. ✔ Morning meds. ✔
    2. Print & email week 10. ✔ Print "What Teachers Make," "The Glory of the Day," "Alley Cats," "Sympathy," and "Caged Bird." ✔ Post Week 4 discussion and 1 reply. ✔✔
    3. Daily 5-min meditation. ❌ UPDATE CLASS WEBSITES. ✔ Write weekly goals and post. ✔ Add thrift store donation & used bookstore to Saturday's plans. ✔ Review assessments for freshmen. ✔ Check on cart/lab Apr 26-27. ✔ Type sub plans for Thursday. ❌
    4. 1 set body exercises (10 lifted push-ups ALL THE WAY DOWN, 10 lunges each leg, 70 sec plank, 40 sec forward fold, 20 sec triangle each side, 40 sec down dog, 30 sec crane/tree each leg, 15 side leg lifts) aim for 2. ❌ 5k steps at school; aim for 6. ✔
    5. Check on dentist appt time and meds. ✔ Text mom. ✔ Message B - dinner Wednesday? ✔ Begin Week 4 essay; finish part 1 by Tuesday. ❌
    6. Leave for kickboxing by 5:45. ✔ Dinner - salad or Plated 2? ✔ Chop more celery. ✔ Teeth flossed, rinsed, brushed; in bed by 9:45. ✔

JFT Tuesday:
    1. Log accurately. Pack lunch and log it before heading out. Tea. Morning meds.
    2. Outline weeks 11-12 for freshmen 11-13 for sophomores. Divide up terms list. Create quiz for Friday and test for next Friday. Create Headbandz cards for Week A terms. Review Week 4 essay & Week 5 discussion.
    3. Daily 5-min meditation. UPDATE CLASS WEBSITES. Add thrift store donation & used bookstore to Saturday's plans. Review assessments for freshmen. NO CART Apr 26-27. Type sub plans for Thursday. Print student work & rubrics.
    4. 1 set body exercises (10 lifted push-ups ALL THE WAY DOWN, 10 lunges each leg, 70 sec plank, 40 sec forward fold, 20 sec triangle each side, 40 sec down dog, 30 sec crane/tree each leg, 15 side leg lifts) aim for 2. 5k steps at school; aim for 6.
    5. Write Week 4 essay part 1. Reply to I. Check on B - dinner tomorrow? Bag clothes for thrift store donation. GRADE ALL RESEARCH.
    6. Outside run to 10k; aim for 12. Dinner - Plated 2? Chop more celery. Teeth flossed, rinsed, brushed; in bed by 9:45.

Scale goals

November: 183.6
    December: 176.6
    January: 174.6
    February: 173.6
    March 1: 172.4.
    March 31 goal: 170.4
    March 19 goal: 173.5

March 13: 178.8. Swinging downward again DESPITE carb-loading yesterday. I don't know what's wrong with me. I don't know why I just WILL NOT log. *sigh*
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    @Faebert I have not heard yet. I had a dream that I did last night though. Lol. That should be a precursor to them calling soon though. Every time I've had a dream about working there I seem to get a call shortly after. Lol. I give a lot of credit to people who teach any grade but especially elementary/primary. It is a tough job. Thank you so much for shaping their young minds!

@OConnell5483 I'm so glad that you had a good day at work! That must feel awesome! I know it makes me feel that way! Keep up the great work! All those smiley faces are amazing! I'm proud of you!

@Bex953172 I second what @toaljasa said! I use this board to relieve frustration all the time! Lol. I know many of us do! Dont ever feel like you are burdening us! I enjoy reading about other peoples lives. You have a really tough job! Be proud of all that you get done in a day. And if you have to yell at a few inconsiderate midwives then so be it.

@slittlemeister I love all your smileys! I usually have one beer a night. It's only about 140cal. But I never feel guilty for it. I dont drink in excess and I dont drink to push away feelings or anything. I just like to unwind at the end of the day with the DH and a beer. I think that if you keep it in moderation, the occasional G&T isn't all that bad. And you're right. It does make comedy funnier!

@sarah74_vt I bet you are glad that you got more done than you thought! Go job. I love when that happens. I hope that your son gets the job! How old is he?
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    I had a great morning. I got up when I wanted. The cat didn't wake me up until about 6:30. That was a nice surprise. I made hot chocolate overnight oats last night/morning and had some for breakfast. They were okay. I think they need a bit more sugar to bring out the chocolate flavor. I also think I need to get my body/stomach back into the habit of eating breakfast. It's been so long since I've had anything but coffee at 7 am that I think I shocked it. I have a bit of a stomach ache.

It's currently snowing out, rather hard actually, so I'm not sure if I am going to go to yoga this morning. The DH is taking my car to work because his car isn't all that great in any kind of wet weather or between 35F-45F, which it is right now. Lol. If the snow stops I may go to a later session, I'm not even sure if the studio is open although the roads are clear. Lol.

Well the DH is currently cleaning off the car and heading to work. I'm gonna get started on a few things and will probably pop back throughout the day!
  • missheidi
    missheidi Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    @Bex953172 Those midwives need to realize that yes you have a newborn but you also have other members of your family to take care of as well as a longstanding emotional illness. They should definitely be more caring or at least not so inconsiderate! I dont know how you are doing it! With all that stress I probably would have done or said something really stupid to them! Praying for you my dear!

@missheidi I'm with @toaljasa I need my kitchen/fridge/pantry to be orderly. If not my brain scatters and I get completely overwhelmed until I have no idea what I'm doing. Then the anxiety starts and I dont end up cooking anything. Lol. It's just so much easier to take a some time out of my day once a week and just organize everything. Doesnt take too long because it's already kind of organized. It's mainly taking care of outliers and things. Lol.

@Faebert I'm so glad that you have all those smileys! I hope your daughter is feeling better! I have to ask, though, what is your profession? I get the feeling that you are a teacher, but I could be way off! Lol.

Today was actually a really great day! The DH and I did pretty much nothing. I went out for a water cup, to pick up my books from the library and to get the DH's medication. Other than that I spent the rest of the time at home. I took a nap in the middle of the morning because I was so tired! It was totally random! Lol. It was also weird eating dinner in the daylight too. It's the first time that has happened since early fall. Lol.

I made a new recipe for dinner, Turkey Lasagna Soup. The DH devoured it! Lol. I thought it was great too. I froze a bunch of it for dinner later in the week. The DH closes his store twice this week so I'll defrost it for him so he can eat when he gets home. Next time though, I think I am going to double it. Lol.

I hope everyone is having a great evening!

we need to get better at my house about planning and prepping for the week.
  • missheidi
    Options
    missheidi wrote: »
    so of course the weekend was not great. HOWEVER...i did swim on Saturday, so that is an improvement.
    JFT 3/12
    log everything :)
    drink 80 :)
    swim a mileI'm increasing my intervals from 300 yards to 350, which is an extra lap before i rest. :)
    stay green :)

Last night dinner was funny. We had spaghetti, but Kristian has the pasta with veggies in it, Tyler has gfree, and Ken and I have zoodles. so we had all these pots and pans going at the same time and we were both trying to make sure everything got done and not burned. It worked and was yummy.
  • missheidi
    Options
    toaljasa wrote: »
    @toaljasa I try to clean out/organize my fridge and my pantry weekly. Like you, it gives me a nice sense of accomplishment to have it all organized. I have a bunch of things to add to the pantry that I bought over the weekend. My pantry is a cabinet. I wish I had a walk-in pantry but I guess that would even harder to organize. Lol But I'll do it today. I'll reorganize the fridge when the DH goes back to work tomorrow. Lol.

Can you come organize mine while you're at it??

HAHAHA!!! OH my word...I LOVE to organize other people's pantrys and linen closets, lol! My daughter in law and son, very graciously allowed me in their kitchen and pantry to reorganize them to make a better flow. I told them please, feel free to put anything back because it's got to work for the people in there. I tried to keep their lifestyles, most used appliances, etc., in mind as I was working. They loved it. My husband added more cabinets in the pantry. I had fun and they still mention to people (namely, son's mil) how much better it is---they just hadn't taken time to give it much thought...I have lots more time, lol! I guess I really like cooking and baking...but not in a kitchen that is disorganized. Makes my head hurt! (and no, I don't critique kitchens and pantrys---only when I'm cookin' in them for long periods of time!)
    toaljasa wrote: »
    @toaljasa I try to clean out/organize my fridge and my pantry weekly. Like you, it gives me a nice sense of accomplishment to have it all organized. I have a bunch of things to add to the pantry that I bought over the weekend. My pantry is a cabinet. I wish I had a walk-in pantry but I guess that would even harder to organize. Lol But I'll do it today. I'll reorganize the fridge when the DH goes back to work tomorrow. Lol.

Can you come organize mine while you're at it??

HAHAHA!!! OH my word...I LOVE to organize other people's pantrys and linen closets, lol! My daughter in law and son, very graciously allowed me in their kitchen and pantry to reorganize them to make a better flow. I told them please, feel free to put anything back because it's got to work for the people in there. I tried to keep their lifestyles, most used appliances, etc., in mind as I was working. They loved it. My husband added more cabinets in the pantry. I had fun and they still mention to people (namely, son's mil) how much better it is---they just hadn't taken time to give it much thought...I have lots more time, lol! I guess I really like cooking and baking...but not in a kitchen that is disorganized. Makes my head hurt! (and no, I don't critique kitchens and pantrys---only when I'm cookin' in them for long periods of time!)

come to kansas!