Replies

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,072 Member
    Options
    missheidi wrote: »
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    JFT 2/13
    Took the boy to the dr. will be starting a low dose of SSRI anti-depressant tonight. hoping it will help with the hair pulling, anxiety, etc.

log everything
    stay green
    drink 4 bottles--1 down
    yoga class
    more crocheting on the v. day project.

I hope his tablets do work, must be very hard for you x I hope you’re getting the support you need too!

What is your v day project? :)

it's called a corgi loaf. it's a stuffed animal in the shape of a loaf of bread because that's what shape corgi's are in!

That's awesome! I wish I knew how to crochet. I think I might have my Godmom teach me! But you have to take a picture when it's all done! I'd love to see it!

I learnt it all from YouTube!
    Literally have it set up as you go along lol!
    And once you know the stitches you need the videos less and less. Even now. I forget or come across a new stitch and all I had to do is YouTube “how to do a...” and then I do the stitch on my
    Project and then carry on!
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    JFT 2/13
    Took the boy to the dr. will be starting a low dose of SSRI anti-depressant tonight. hoping it will help with the hair pulling, anxiety, etc.

log everything
    stay green
    drink 4 bottles--1 down
    yoga class
    more crocheting on the v. day project.

I hope his tablets do work, must be very hard for you x I hope you’re getting the support you need too!

What is your v day project? :)

it's called a corgi loaf. it's a stuffed animal in the shape of a loaf of bread because that's what shape corgi's are in!

That's awesome! I wish I knew how to crochet. I think I might have my Godmom teach me! But you have to take a picture when it's all done! I'd love to see it!

I learnt it all from YouTube!
    Literally have it set up as you go along lol!
    And once you know the stitches you need the videos less and less. Even now. I forget or come across a new stitch and all I had to do is YouTube “how to do a...” and then I do the stitch on my
    Project and then carry on!

Nice! I'll try it. I know my mom(an avid knitter) must have a needle and some yarn I can have. I'll ask her tonight! I didn't even think of looking on YouTube. Lol
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    :lol:

I love how you’re all saying about sweat/yoga pants and getting changed properly (don’t get me wrong I think it’s amazing change around and I agree it does help!)

However it’s 3pm here and I’m still in my pyjamas and only just getting a shower :sweat_smile:

I frequently do this when I work from home.

It is also not uncommon for me to forget to clean my teeth on WFH days!!!

(Normally I do that before I leave the house, but when I WFH I often plan to do it after breakfast and then forget as I've changed my routine....)

I'm not proud of this....
  • eminater
    eminater Posts: 2,477 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    okay ... tbh ... I am in a *kitten* mood. My goal JFT:

DO NOT LET MY BAD MOOD dictate or enable bad choices. this mood will lift, don't sabotage yourself today xx

Main priority -
    1) drink water every hour - today's priority as I am feeling very bloated AGAIN :(
    2) log everything, as usual

Stay on making healthy choices and don't let the number rule your move. It's an overall downward trend. 2 more days til end of round 31, let's hit your goal. This might give you the mood boost you need!
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    toaljasa wrote: »

What I am learning:
    We have been finding ways to reduce stress in our lives: Prepping the day or week before; getting more sleep; leaving work on time; organizing and decluttering. As we become more stress free, we are getting thinner!!!

I've actually discovered recently that not only does having a tidy home reduce stress, but the act of tidying itself can alleviate it!

I often get home late and a bit stressed and often my default response is to have a G&T (as it has fewer calories than chocolate... let's not talk about what it might be doing to my liver...)

I've been thinking for quite some time about trying to find alternative, more healthy strategies for de-stressing. However it's challenging as by the time I get home I tend to be running out of evening and it's also dark (which means walks aren't appealing). TV doesn't seem to distract me enough, while reading can be difficult to concentrate on.

But last week quite by accident, I discovered that a short burst of tidying/ organising/ decluttering/ cleaning is really good for de-stressing! I don't have to concentrate, but equally it districts me. I'm now planning to do try this whenever I come home a bit stressed!

I remember when first married, my m-i-l mentioned that mopping floors was a great way to let off "I'm gonna wring my husband's neck" steam!!! And it does work to release frustration or pent up energy, etc. Plus we are rewarded with a cleaned/tidy area. And good thought that you don't have to really put much brainwork to use.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Just for Tuesday
    1. No processed carbs :(Ate some pretzels today with hummus
    2. 64 oz of water or decaf tea ;)still working on it. It'll be close
    3. Be confident in scary meeting tomorrow. Don't let them know I'm nervous, and don't be afraid to speak up regarding the new process. B)Did it. Must be getting back to my normal smartazz self
    4. Read my newly updated Beck's cards :)
    5. Reach step goal :/Was stuck in meetings all day except for one hour between 2:00 and 3:00pm! ugh.
    6. Simple Abundance daily reading, Beck's Diet Solution daily reading. :)doing this after I'm done logging.
    7. Optimal Living Daily and Optimal Health Daily podcasts on my way to work :)
    8. Prep for work the night before :)Coffeemaker set, outfit picked out, lunch packed, laptop bag by the door.
    9. Body Groove Workout :(Struggling today with left leg pain from hip to foot after doing it last night
    10.Bed one hour early unplugged and read. Get up in morning without hitting snooze. ;)Planning to do this two hours early! I'm exhausted tonight.

Hungry tonight. Dinner I ate tonight did not stick with me and my stomach is feeling nauseous after taking my meds. Not sure what I'm going to eat because I think I only have like 40 calories left to stay green.

Just for Wednesday
    1. Stay in the green.
    2. HYDRATE
    3. Body Groove workout
    4. Get caught up on emails tomorrow and start ticking off some of my project tasks
    5. Hang my whiteboard in my cubicle, document project statuses. Kanban board format maybe?
    6. Simple Abundance Reading, Beck Diet Solution reading, gratitude journal
    7. Optimal Living and Optimal Health Daily podcasts
    8. Bed one hour early unplugged and read. Get up in morning without hitting snooze.

Perhaps I can't control what happens in life, but I certainly can control how I react to it.

• PackerFanInGB
    Options
    @Saragirl2 I think that is the accountability I am missing with my yoga pants. No tight waistband reminding me to watch myself. I love both of the examples you gave about my future self, and the slip on shoes! OMG! SO TRUE!
    Also, I'm so excited to hear about your son's grades! That is amazing! (((HUGS)))

@Bex953172 You make me giggle! You are allowed to be in your pj's until 3pm!

@toaljasa Very insightful! Thanks for the links. I'm going to read them after I log off. Cortisol has been a battle for me for many years... Stress and I have been dancing partners for what seems like forever!

@joan6630 I get depressed in the winter too, and if I can't even leave the house I really get cabin fever! I'm glad to see you post. I miss you when I don't see you on here! You just take care of you!

@HGSmith0920 I am so excited to hear that you are so happy! I miss having a best friend. I haven't had one in town since I moved here. You are blessed!
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    :lol:

I love how you’re all saying about sweat/yoga pants and getting changed properly (don’t get me wrong I think it’s amazing change around and I agree it does help!)

However it’s 3pm here and I’m still in my pyjamas and only just getting a shower :sweat_smile:

I frequently do this when I work from home.

It is also not uncommon for me to forget to clean my teeth on WFH days!!!

(Normally I do that before I leave the house, but when I WFH I often plan to do it after breakfast and then forget as I've changed my routine....)

I'm not proud of this....

This made me LMAO!!!! "I'm not proud of this..." haha! That was the best part of working from home...not getting dressed until noon and then only wearing yoga pants! I miss that. :mrgreen:
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,200 Member
    Options
    "Sacrifice is giving up something good for something better."

I printed this out, and attached it to my computer (which is where I seem to do most of my eating- since no one sees me! SO thank you for this reminder!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    bcTRAI wrote: »
    @joan6630 hey there sweetie, regarding the gym and potential depression:
    a. It's important for your mental health as well as your physical.
    b. Have you been taking any extra vitamin D?
    c. Would it help hubby if you wiped everything down before and after you used it?
    d. Hugs for you.

Thank you so much! No, I do not take any vitamins. I guess I need to start taking extra vitamins, especially in the winter months. I am just terrible at remembering to take anything. And thank you for the "hugs"!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    @Joan6630 I certainly don't want to be a total Negative Nelly. I do want to encourage you that while the list you made is one that could certainly be achievable on a good healthy day, that perhaps you should pare it down so that it is more attainable for where you are TODAY. Perhaps Just For Today going to the gym will give you a restart and will help you refocus so that you will once again start achieving your daily goals. The gym. That's it. Or to drink 3 cups of water, instead of concentrating on 8. Or to come back here to be uplifted instead of to hold yourself accountable. Are you writing down the daily goals that you think you SHOULD write down, that you SHOULD be able to attain? If I broke my foot and I wrote down "ride my stationary bike"---I would be writing what I SHOULD be able to do, if I was physically capable--- Right now you are struggling. So instead of making the same ol same ol list, write down what, in your frame of mind, you feel you can actually accomplish...and that might just be one item. (can't help you with the dreaded dentist, however. He probably needs to stay on the list, lol) And if you go to the gym, take germ killing wipes with you to the gym! Just come here to sit and soak encouraging words and support---it won't be long before you are back to a healthy you!

Praying for peace and joy.

You are so right! I tend to be a "all or nothing", and thats where I get discouraged. Today was a "all" day, and it feels good. But I know, most of my days I don't quite succeed at what I know I need to do, and thats when I get discouraged.
    I remember reading in the Beck Diet Solution book that we should always give ourself credit for what we DO do right, and not look at what we don't.
    Thank you so very much. All your posts are so insightful!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Saragirl2 wrote: »

This whole experience with this amazing teacher has allowed me to fac a lot of my own fears and challenges. It shows me the importance of setting goals, healthy boundaries and advocating for yourself.

Shake off negative vibes! :smiley:

What a wonderful thing, and so insightful! You are so right .... healthy boundaries and goals! You've got this Sara!!!! I know this will be your year!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Thank you so much! I've been on Zoloft for about a zillion years. It's genetic in my family. We've been thinking about starting him on them for a couple years, but wanted to wait as long as possible on this one.

I have so much compassion for anyone dealing with any kind of mental illness. I never thought I had any mental illness myself, but I know every winter, I get so down on myself, and I look at my loses, instead of all that I have. My daughter, who is now 39, is very brillant -- scholarshops at both college, and medical school - she even went as far as a masters degree in occupational therapy. Her illness did not manifest until she was around 25. Thank God that they do have medications to help people. Sometimes it takes a lot of tweaking, to get the right dosage and medication. My grandson, who is only 12, has been dx with ADHD, so my son and DIL are in the midst of giving him something to help. I will keep you in my prayers, that they will find the right medications to help your dear son. It is very hard to watch someone hurt themselves (my daughter also would cut herself and pull her hair out in big clumps). And you are right, it is genetic. We had 6 doctors tell us this .... after I spent years reanalyzing how we raised my daughter, what we did wrong, blaming myself for what she was going through. I finally fully accept that this is nothing anyone did, nothing anyone asked for.
    God bless you and your family. Hugs to you. You are a wonderful mother.
  • mytime6630
    Options
    @OConnell5483 -- you've got this girl!! I love reading your positive posts! I know this will be your year!!
  • cynhow
    cynhow Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    2/12/2018
    1. Get to the gym! :)
    2. Stretch - I'm so bad at stretching but feel so good when I do it! :# Some but need more
    3. Spend some time reading posts!

Somehow I missed a day. I really thought I posted earlier. I’ll post for tomorrow so I don’t forget.

2/14/2018
    1. Plan lunch and snacks. I have a meeting that runs from 12-4 so that’ll hit lunch and snack time.
    2. Up my protein. I’ve kept calories down but have had too many carbs. I need to increase my protein.
    3. Read.