Options

Replies

• junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    @junodog1
    Haha yeah! I got a Shark, duo clean lift away or something!
    It’s even got lights on the front.. LIGHTS! :love:

Love the Shark. When I first vacuumed my hard floors I could not believe how much pet hair was there. The lights on the front made it really show up. Ewww.

So last night I vacuumed up the bathrooms in honor of you. :laugh:
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    @clicketykeys I'm guessing you're an English teacher? Lol. I'm a wordsmith as well(although my grammar and punctuation are terrible)! I use the word curmudgeon all the time and people look at me strangely. My husband, who has a vocabulary almost as large as mine, didn't even know what it meant the first time I used it. Lol. The expectations teachers have to meet are completely insane and it's definitely not fair that you have to use your own money. Just know that some of my teachers(especially my English teachers) had a HUGE impact on my life. My Junior year English teacher in particular. She was the one who encouraged to start writing. I hope you know that to at least a few kids you are the only constant thing in their lives and that they may not show it, but they appreciate the stability that you bring to their lives.

So I didn't end up getting up until 11 am! I guess I really needed some sleep. It didn't help that I didn't go to bed until 1 am and then the DH had a really bad asthma attack at 330 and we were up for 45 minutes with that. It was a pretty rough night so I figured I deserved to take the chance to sleep in. Lol. I'm actually glad I did because when I passed by my Mom's house on my way out to do laundry I saw my Godmommy and we set up a date for me to go over for coffee next week. So it was double worth it! Although it does set my morning back. However, if the DH does end up staying late at work then I will have ample time to get it all done.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,489 Member
    Options
    Recap Ash Wednesday 2/14
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work = Fitbit 9,059 steps, 250+ steps 12/14 (Ash Wed service) & 27 floors :smiley:
    2) Net calories green...somewhat difficult to predict due to soup supper tonight at church...limit breads / desserts at supper / log best I can / monitor the usual = Hubby's and my work schedules conflicted as usual, and we did not celebrate V-Day...will likely go out for dinner on the weekend. At work, was given one piece of Dove chocolate & ate that (and logged). Also was given snack bag of Skittles, which did not appeal so I left bag in common area and, lo and behold, it was magically gone. Thankfully, not many desserts at soup supper, only store-bought cookies remained, and I had no interest, so just ate slice of multigrain bread with soup. Net calories red 1 (really???), protein & sodium good, fiber ok, sugar red (fruit & yogurt) & 13c water. :smiley:
    3) 6:00 soup supper & 7:00 Ash Wednesday service = :smile: :smiley:
    4) Quick errands on way home = Only one since did the other at lunch break :smiley:
    5) Prep for annual physical Th a.m.: paperwork, vitamins & hormones, GPS (3 years at this office & I never remember the way there), overnight oats so I can fast in case Dr. B wants a blood draw...never had overnight oats before, but figured it's good opportunity to try new recipe & eat at work after doctor appt. because I get very wonky without my breakfast = Prep all done and actually looking forward to seeing doctor :smiley:
    6) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / bed & TV off 10:30 = ??? :neutral: / done :smiley: / done :smiley: / done :smiley:

Today at my annual physical, Dr. B was very happy about my weight loss, and even congratulated me! :star: Ate mango overnight oats afterward, and recipe is delicious! :smiley:

JFT Th 2/15
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work
    2) Overnight oats for breakfast / leftovers for lunch / Schwan's chicken lo mein skillet meal for supper / snacks as usual / net calories green
    3) Evening: choir / wash towels / wash dishes / prep treadmill clothes for F a.m. (feel ready to get back at it)
    4) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / bed & TV off 10:30 (have been watching lots of Olympics)
  • Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Can I please tell you how much I HATE job searching?!!

I mean I really hate it! I just spent almost two hours doing nothing but job hunting and I sent my resume out twice! I went through every bank I could think of in my state, Indeed.com for all the positions I've had in the past AND every temp agency I can think of! I'm going crazy! I really need a job! I'm just hoping that something comes through soon! So praying people, throw some up for me!

I recently skimmed an article that recommended reaching out to specific employers that YOU are interested in and not so much responding to the job postings in the job banks. I'm also looking so the article struck a chord with me. Best wishes
  • Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    Options

Early bedtime is a priority.
    meditation - after a certain hour I feel like I can't do this. I need to try.
    Drink water-64oz min.
    Track all my meals today-low carb/high protein.
    Packed protein bar.
    Quick walk with dog today as I have an early appt.
    Read this evening "New Book Of Lifting for Women".
    Dinner is planned!
    Make DH take chocolates to work-I can't resist them. Already had a few but can't control myself & I don't want to deal with a setback.
    Start planning weekend meals & activities.
    Look into yoga/Pilates at Y.
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    @Saragirl2 I had never thought of that. It's been so long since I haven't had a job. I worked steadily for about 10 years. I dont think I was ever without a job. So I will try that. Do you know what the article was called? I'd like to read it.

So my regular Wawa cashier, the one I use every time I can when I go in the AM, asked me if I had lost weight! It felt amazing! I guess losing 30lbs really does make a difference. Also, two of my three pairs of non-yoga pants are
    now getting so big that I will have to start wearing a belt! I honestly never thought I would have to do that again. For so long I was used to having to wear a belt while working because the pants were too small and liked to roll down. It feels so good that it's for a totally different reason! Pretty soon I am going to have to shell out the money for new pants! That actually makes me incredibly happy!

Amazing that someone recognised! (Not that I mean they wouldn’t as 30lb is a lot to lose! I just mean that it’s just really goes to show what you’ve achieved!)

Maybe you should take a mid-progress picture! You know.. for your success story when you get there :tongue: you will love to see the evidence yourself and we all ted to be self-critical and not see the difference as much as others because we see ourselves every day!

Very smart idea! I will have to use Mom's full-length mirror. I am definitely excited to see how much my stomach has shrank. I'm just loving how clothes that either just fit me or were too small now are too big or fit just right! It really does feel good when I have to pull up my pants when I'm walking because they are too big! Weird, I know. But it just feels like a NSV to me! Lol
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Faebert wrote: »
    A successful day here! The girls and I decided to finally tackle a big toy clearout and reorganise their bedrooms. 2 hours and 10 bin bags later the place is transformed! And I have booked a company to come and collect it all tomorrow, along with high chairs, scooters, and a car seat that have all been outgrown. Such a fantastic feeling, the rest of the day just fell into place!

Recap JFT 15/2:
    - exercise before kids get up ✅
    - Hit 10k steps (only 9.5 today due to rain) ✅
    - Optician appt for girls ✅
    - Cinema with friend in the evening ✅
    - Stay in calorie goal - no cinema snacks if they won’t fit ✅
    - Water water water! ✅ ish! Lots of coffee and Diet Pepsi too!

Tomorrow goals:
    - early exercise
    - 2ltr+ water
    - Stay in calorie goal
    - Fit new doorbell
    - Try and get to ice rink with the kids of junk collection comes early
    - Make sure kids finish homework
    - Early night!

Have a good one everyone! X

Do you love it when you have a big purge like what you had?! I always feel free-er and like I can breathe easier. Fantastic on getting your daily goals met.
  • clairelouisey
    clairelouisey Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    JFT THURSDAY RECORD
    1. stick to calorie goal :)
    2. Go to yin yoga :)
    3. Go to Ashtanga yoga :)

Phew only just made calorie goal after eating cereal, a scone, pastrami sandwich and half a biscuit by midday! But by hardly having any dinner I just made it. Feeling a bit peckish...but will have a herbal tea and go to bed!

JFT FRIDAY GOALS
    1. Stick to calorie goal

Oh no it’s the weekend challenge again. I’m a bit worried about sticking to my calories tomorrow. I’m going for an after work drink, then my sister is coming round for a meal, and a drink. No space for exercise tomorrow and so I’m going to have to really limit my portions, plan a low calorie meal and limit my alcohol intake. Oh no...