Options

Replies

• sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    JFY (Tuesday, 2/13/18)
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water :)
    2. Log all my food :)
    3. Be "in the green" with my calories for the day :)
    4. Go to the gym (30 min circuit, 10 min elliptical, 10 min bike) :)
    5. Finish 2 orders from my shop :)

JFT (Wednesday, 2/14/18)
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water
    2. Log all my food
    3. Be "in the green" with my calories for the day
    4. Go to the gym (30 min circuit, 30 min treadmill)
    5. Finish 1 order from my shop
    6. Laundry
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    I’m having a day from hell today.
    I’ve had to cancel 3 appointments. As if I can do all them in one day anyway with no car. (Partners using it this morning) it’s Valentine’s Day and it’s just going to absolute €rap, not between me and my partner but with the kids.

My eldest is being an absolute pain. Pushing all my buttons and now she’s run off upstairs crying because I shouted at her (because she was pushing all my buttons) and she won’t come down. Which is just making the whole thing worse.
    Also I tidied last night, had all toys neat, hoovered and steam mopped and they’ve just wrecked it all, there’s toys everywhere and the sofa quilts have been dragged off and thrown across the floor (think how much better a bed looks when it’s made - same thing with the sofa)
    And then the midwife has just popped round to rebook appointments because she couldn’t get me on the phone (even though it’s never rang) and so it just looked like I was an absolute incapable mess who lives in a sh!thole.

She’s ruined my day and now that’s going to reflect on me and my OH now.

I think the midwife knows that you are a mother of two little ones so she will probably take that into consideration if she forms a judgment about you. I'm sorry you're having a terrible day! I really hope it gets better. I'm sure your daughter will calm down and come down when she gets hungry. Lol.
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    sarah74_vt wrote: »
    JFY (Tuesday, 2/13/18)
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water :)
    2. Log all my food :)
    3. Be "in the green" with my calories for the day :)
    4. Go to the gym (30 min circuit, 10 min elliptical, 10 min bike) :)
    5. Finish 2 orders from my shop :)

JFT (Wednesday, 2/14/18)
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water
    2. Log all my food
    3. Be "in the green" with my calories for the day
    4. Go to the gym (30 min circuit, 30 min treadmill)
    5. Finish 1 order from my shop
    6. Laundry

Look at all those smiley faces! Awesome job my dear!
  • eminater
    eminater Posts: 2,477 Member
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »
    toaljasa wrote: »
    "Sacrifice is giving up something good for something better."

I printed this out, and attached it to my computer (which is where I seem to do most of my eating- since no one sees me! SO thank you for this reminder!

This is so inspiring. I am going to use this as my JFT to guide my choices for today. THANKS.
  • HGSmith0920
    Options

Today: 179.4; dumped some of the water. Meet-the-Teacher night was frustrating not so much because of being stood up by parents, but because it's well into second semester, and it wasn't well-promoted. Around here, the elementary schools do get good turnout at such events, but the middle schools get less, and the high schools NEVER get a strong response. It just felt like the horse we were beating was deader than usual this time ;)

Thanks for the encouragement, @MLHC1 and @HGSmith0920 :)

That is a little strange that they would do a night like that so far into the school year. Do they do one in Septemeber as well? That was usually when ours were done. My school had parent-teacher conferences when they met individually with the teacher and talked about their child's progress and such(my Mom ALWAYS went to those). Usually came home with the same litany of things for me to work on. Lol. Homework, handwriting, and keeping my mouth shut in class. I think this was the time of year that they would do them too. Maybe closer to January. It's been 10+ years since I was in high school so who knows. I'm sorry it was such a waste of time for you though. I'm glad you lost the water weight! That's always a nice feeling to see that the scale had dropped so many lbs in such a short time. Lol.

I hope that you have a better day.
  • Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    missheidi wrote: »
    missheidi wrote: »
    JFT 2/13
    Took the boy to the dr. will be starting a low dose of SSRI anti-depressant tonight. hoping it will help with the hair pulling, anxiety, etc.

My SSRI's have worked wonders for my illness and anxieties. They helped me get my feet back under me after so many years with anxiety and panic attacks. I'm actually off the emergency ones. I haven't taken one of them since I left my convenience store job last April. And I learned a whole bunch of techniques to remove myself from an "emotional crisis" when things get really bad. The one I'm on for everyday actuals doubles as an anti-depressant and I think it's more of an anti-depressant than an anti-anxiety med. But either way, I hope they work! I know it cant be easy to have a child on the spectrum. When I wasn't medicated for the Bipolar I was a real issue for my parents. I know it's not the same but I hope you know that there are people here that are pulling for you and your son. And can see what a great Mom you are to him. Keep up the great work and one day he will thank you. My Mom and I had a really rough relationship all of my teenage and young adult years. But I grew up and got medicated and she learned that I'm not who I used to be anymore and now she's one of my best friends. Took about 3 year of hard work and harder conversations but it is totally worth it! So keep up the amazing job you are doing and know that there a whole bunch of people pulling for you and your son!

Thank you so much! I've been on Zoloft for about a zillion years. It's genetic in my family. We've been thinking about starting him on them for a couple years, but wanted to wait as long as possible on this one.

I've been on Celexa for about 4 years to treat anxiety. Started at higher dose but was feeling too tired so lowered the dose and it manages my anxiety quite nicely. I had crazy dreams while my body adjusted to it and even when reducing the dose. It took another mom sharing her experience with me to motivate me to face this. So grateful.

Best wishes for your sin.
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    So for the last two days, I was really looking forward to going to the library to sit down and write for a little while. I was kind of excited today as well until I sat down at a back table and thought 'Why am I doing this? I dont want to be here! This isn't going to work.' Well, I changed seats and forced myself to pull out my notebook and pen. I set the timer for 20 minutes and got to it. The first like half a page was me complaining about how much I didn't want to do it but after about 5 minutes I got into the flow of it. It got easier and it turned out I needed to get a few things off my chest and written down so that I could look at them and know that everything will be okay. It's funny how things like that happen. I'm just glad that I stuck with it. I think I am going to do it until I get a new job. The gym and writing will definitely be harder once I start working again, especially if it's full time. But I figure that I can write during my breaks while sitting in a break room or something and if I have to start doing at home workouts again I will. Depends on the hours I'm working and the DH's schedule.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options

Today: 179.4; dumped some of the water. Meet-the-Teacher night was frustrating not so much because of being stood up by parents, but because it's well into second semester, and it wasn't well-promoted. Around here, the elementary schools do get good turnout at such events, but the middle schools get less, and the high schools NEVER get a strong response. It just felt like the horse we were beating was deader than usual this time ;)

Thanks for the encouragement, @MLHC1 and @HGSmith0920 :)

That is a little strange that they would do a night like that so far into the school year. Do they do one in Septemeber as well? That was usually when ours were done. My school had parent-teacher conferences when they met individually with the teacher and talked about their child's progress and such(my Mom ALWAYS went to those). Usually came home with the same litany of things for me to work on. Lol. Homework, handwriting, and keeping my mouth shut in class. I think this was the time of year that they would do them too. Maybe closer to January. It's been 10+ years since I was in high school so who knows. I'm sorry it was such a waste of time for you though. I'm glad you lost the water weight! That's always a nice feeling to see that the scale had dropped so many lbs in such a short time. Lol.

I hope that you have a better day.

Thanks! Today's going significantly better than yesterday and DEFINITELY better than the day before. I came up with a great introductory activity for our study of Shakespeare's Julius Caesar and it went over really well.

We did have a parent-teacher night in September, but our school is on semester blocks, so students take half of their classes in the fall, and get a whole new set of classes in the spring. So there is reason for a "meet-the-teacher" night, but it was frustrating to have it be such a waste of time.
    toaljasa wrote: »
    "Sacrifice is giving up something good for something better."

Love this and am adding it to my quotes file!
  • clairelouisey
    clairelouisey Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    JFT WEDNESDAY GOALS
    1. stick to calorie goaL :)
    2. Metafit class :)
    3. Go for swim :)

Smiles all round. I’m amazing. Fact!

JFT THURSDAY GOALS
    1. stick to calorie goal
    2. Go to yin yoga
    3. Go to Ashtanga yoga

Weigh in day today....drum roll... 3lbs down yeah. Despite the over indulgent weekend!

14 Feb: 163lbs
    7 Feb: 166lbs
    31 Jan: 167lbs
    24 Jan: 168lbs
    6 Jan: 170lbs

End of Feb goal: 161lbs