toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Greetings!

JFT, Thursday, 2/15
    Drink 7 cups water
    pre-log as much as possible
    ride exercise bike
    Do something that will help well-being, such as cleaning a closet

We are approaching the weekend! Let's be purposeful in our choices and meet our personal daily goals.

What did you do today to bring you one step closer to your end goal?

Peace and joy!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    kellyw4444 wrote: »
    2/15/2018
    1. Don't eat my exercise points today.
    2. Burn 600 exercise calories on my stationary bike
    3. Meal plan - it is my night to cook.

@Bex953172 So excited for you! I can tell you, my third baby was my easiest. She just fit into our life and made it even better than it was. Don't get me wrong - the early years were challenging. I had three kids in 5 years and that meant I had to get my son up for Kindergarten every day, my daughter off to Preschool three mornings a week and still do the middle of the night breastfeeding with a newborn. It was exhausting, but I wouldn't trade her for anything.

Now she is 15 years old, my last child at home (the other two are gone, successfully making their own lives at university), and she brings joy and laughter to our family every day. No drama - she is very confident, organized and on top of her life. My husband was happy with two kids (a boy and a girl - perfect) but I really wanted four, so we compromised and had three, then got a big dog! Now, he says he can't imagine our life without our third - how boring it would have been without the flavour she brought to our family.

Okay - my words of wisdom, based upon my own experiences raising 3 awesome kids and bearing in mind that I don't know how old your other kids are...
    1. Just take it one day at a time. Focus on getting through each day/hour/minute and doing your best - whatever that looks like.
    2. The first six weeks after birth are about survival! Do whatever it takes to get through this and ignore all the well meaning people (including family!) who tell you what you should be doing.
    3. Routines are key when you have multiple kids. Try to get into a routine, as soon as you can.
    4. Cut yourself some slack. Getting a shower some days will feel like a major accomplishment! It takes time to adjust to the new family dynamic and find a new rhythm to your day.
    5. Don't forget that your other kids will be adjusting, too. Involve them where you can. Make them wait - this is good for them. One thing I always did was when I sat down to feed the baby, I would get my older two to bring a book and we would read and snuggle together (one on each side of me with the baby in my lap). Find time to spend alone with them, too - even if it just a story or a cuddle in the morning or before bed.
    6. Ask for, and accept all help - from your partner, kids, friends, etc. Play dates for older kids can allow you time to rest during the day, when your baby sleeps (assuming your baby sleeps during the day!).
    7. Encourage independence in your other kids, but still let them be kids. For instance, teach them how to dress themselves, put on their own jacket and shoes, buckle up their car seats. The more they do for themselves, the less you have to do for them. This is good for them and good for you, too!
    8. Take time for yourself, as you are able. Even if it is only 30 mins a day. Take a break. Go for a walk. Have a bath (lock the door!). Go to your room and close the door. Read a book. Check your email. Watch a favorite show.
    9. Enjoy your new family. Every day is a gift. Every age and stage has something wonderful and something NOT so wonderful. I remember some days felt like years early on, but the years go by so fast, once they hit high school.

That’s amazing thank you! Haha filling me with hope!
    Plus my kids are of similar age to what yours were!

Just turned 4 year old, a 19m old and then this baby.
    So in September I’ll have the eldest at school, the youngest at nursery and baby at home!
    Sounds exhausting just thinking about it :sweat_smile:
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options

JFT 2/15/18
    1. Up @7 :DTry 11!
    2. weigh/change/coffee/MFP :)It just happened to be at 11. Lol
    3. DH lunch(make extra for longer hours) :)I was up for about ten minutes to do this. He woke up pretty sick so he didn't stay late. I didn't need to add extra food
    4. Laundry/writing? :)Yup! The guy who owns the place complimented me on my folding prowess. Offered me a job in jest. I almost asked him if he was serious! Lol :| Gonna attempt to do this before bed. Not sure if it's gonna happen.
    5. Meal plan :)Did most of this at the laundromat. But I typed it up, printed it out and put it on my fridge.
    6. Finish revising budgeted :#Done but really depressed me. We had a really hard time sticking to it this past week and it screwed us over. I'm praying that we manage to get some money back from the government this year
    7. Library if didn't write at laundromat :/Waking up so late made this pretty much impossible
    8. Gym/Shower/Lunch :/Did do any of this. I didn't end up eating anything until about 4pm
    9. Call doctor and finance guy :/Gonna do this early tomorrow morning. I NEED to get these calls done very very soon!
    10. Make shopping lists :)Made all three of them. Should be quick in and out trips. I can probably get it all done in an hour
    11. Bank/print out stuff :DDidnt go to the bank and I printed out stuff I needed but not the stuff this number meant
    12. Defrost dinner :)We had leftover meatballs and pasta
    13. Read :)Did a little of this when the DH got home laying on the couch with him. I have one chapter left in my book. Gonna finish it tonight so I can drop it off tomorrow
    14. Dinner(not sure when)/dishes :)Was at normal time since the DH didn't stay late and dishes are done for the night!
    15. Time with DH(maybe. Depends when he gets home) :)Spent some time on the couch. I read and he played his game
    16. Hockey if DH home, if not read :)Pens game is on at the moment. It's tied and the DH is a bit miffed at the refs...this tends to happen every game.
    17. Bed by 11 :|Maybe but doubtful. Have a lot to do when the game ends around quarter to 10.

Was an interesting day. I slept in 4 hours later than I had planned but boy did it feel GOOD! Didn't do a lot on my list. At least not the things that involved going out into town. The laundromat is about 3 miles away and is very easy to get to. I didn't feel like leaving to go other places. I'm also trying to say away from downtown because they are doing all kinds of construction. When this happens I have to go up on the parkway which can be a pain in the butt. So it was just easier to spend time at home on a dreary day and work on paperwork. However, part of the paperwork seriously depressed me and I ended up eating my feelings with a bowl of ice cream and an extra serving of pasta with dinner. I ended up being 500+ over calories. Not my best day and I am definitely not going to weigh myself tomorrow. I'm just praying that we get some money back from our income tax return or that I start working by the beginning of next month.

JFT, 2/15/18

1. Up by 7
    2. Clothes/Coffee/MFP
    3. Take cash out
    4. Shopping
    5. CALL DOC AND FINANCE GUY
    6. Gym
    7. Library
    8. Make egg salad/lunch
    9. Taxes @ 1
    10. Book time
    11. DH time
    12. Dinner/Dishes(Turkey Sloppy Joes)
    13. Hockey
    14. Bed by 11

A kind of easy day. The DH is off tomorrow which is good because he needs a day to recuperate. I dont know if one day will help but I'm hoping it does.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Thursday
    1. THEORETICALLY there should be no challenge to accurate logging today. (Commence wild laughter!) ❌
    2. Write Week 7. ❌ Daily 5-min meditation. ❌ Update websites. ❌ Add links to blogroll. ❌ Check WTC. ✔ Call dentist. ❌ Reply to HP. ❌
    3. 1 set body exercises (10 lifted push-ups ALL THE WAY DOWN, 40 sec wall sit, 70 sec plank, 40 sec flexibility, 30 sec balance, 15 side leg lifts) aim for 2. ✔ 5k steps at school; aim for 6. ✔
    4. Dinner: Plated 2 immediately after school. Chop more celery. ✔ Prep breakfast and lunch for tomorrow. ✔ Possibly go for a walk? ❌
    5. Pack tea, contacts, snacks, makeup for theater. ✔ Leave for theater by 5:30. ✔ No snacking except celery and tea. ❌ Aim for 12k while offstage. ✔ Teeth flossed, rinsed, brushed; in bed by 10:30. ✔

JFT Friday
    2. Log everything and leave 700 cals for a guess at dinner.
    3. Write Week 7. Conference with students and finish grading essays. Daily 5-min meditation. Update websites. Add links to blogroll. Re-post to WTC. Send list to brother. Call dentist. Reply to HP.
    4. 1 set body exercises (10 lifted push-ups ALL THE WAY DOWN, 40 sec wall sit, 70 sec plank, 40 sec flexibility, 30 sec balance, 15 side leg lifts) aim for 2. 5k steps at school; aim for 6.
    5. Dinner: Vegan cafe.
    6. Pack tea, contacts, snacks, makeup for theater. Leave for restaurant by 4:45. No snacking except celery and tea. Aim for 12k while offstage. Take down set after final performance. Teeth flossed, rinsed, brushed; in bed by midnight.

Scale goals
    Dec 1 weigh-in: 176.6
    End of 2017: 174.6
    Feb 1 weigh-in: 173.6
    Feb 28 goal: 169.6

Today: 181.2. *sigh* Not only did husband talk me into going out to eat, but by the time I got home from the play I was hungry again. And cereal is just so enjoyable to munch on.

Today is going to be a REALLY long day, too. Final performance of the play, and then afterward we stay to tear down the set and put props and costumes away. (Well, prep costumes for laundry, anyhow.)

@HGSmith0920 - Yup, English teacher. Like it pretty well. The lack of support and resources is often enraging, but I like the actual WORK.
  • sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    JFY (Thursday, 2/15/18)
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water :)
    2. Log all my food :)
    3. Be "in the green" with my calories for the day :)
    4. Go to the gym (30 min circuit, 15 min treadmill) :)
    5. Finish 1 order from my shop :)
    6. Bring son to the Dr :)

JFT (Friday, 2/16/18)
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water
    2. Log all my food
    3. Be "in the green" with my calories for the day
    4. Go to the gym (30 min circuit, 20 min bike)
    5. Finish 1 order from my shop
    6. Laundry
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Yesterday I did 9.5K steps!

I was happy until I woke up this morning with what feels like a broken pelvis that a 4 year old has tried to glue together :sweat_smile:

Think I’m just gonna put my feet up for the next two weeks lol!

9.5K steps ➡️ sounds like "nesting" to me :blush:

Try and enjoy your last two weeks!! I'm excited to be there, I still have 10 weeks left. :joy:
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    MLHC1 wrote: »

2/15 Thursday JFT:

✔▪Regular morning routine for kids
    ✔▪Breakfast w/ hubby
    ✔▪At university lab for 2.5 hours
    ✔▪Lunch
    ❌▪Prenatal Yoga➡️took a nap instead :relaxed:
    ✔▪Regular afternoon routine for kids
    ❌▪Pick up teen from track ➡️cx bc 30 mph wind
    ✔▪Dinner by 7 pm
    ✔▪Bedtime by 10 pm

2/16 Friday JFT:

▪Regular morning routine for kids
    ▪Breakfast w/ hubby
    ▪Self pampering
    ▪Prenatal Yoga
    ▪Lunch
    ▪Research work from home - Analyze 15 glycopeptides
    ▪Regular afternoon routine for kids
    ▪Bake cookies for kiddos and sitter
    ▪Pick up Costco Pizza for kiddos and sitter
    ▪Date night w/ hubby :heart:
    ▪Bedtime ~ midnight

I'm feeling better finally!! Hopefully I can get back into a routine this weekend and continue into next week with it. My project presentation will be here before I know it and I need to get myself focused!! Being restricted from exercising has depressed me a little but I think I'm starting to feel better. It is all for the health of our baby!! I'll just have to kick butt with exercise afterwards :sweat_smile:
  • acrylicfox
    acrylicfox Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Goals Good and Got. :)

I feel that while it's stressful and depressing being unemployed right now, it has given me the opportunity to focus on my health, I've decided to try and embrace this chance because I know it would be much more difficult for me to build these habits while working.
    So thank you Universe. <3
    (p.s. please send lottery numbers)

My next goals:
    stay within KJ limit
    watch out for sugar and sodium limits
    [x]eat chia for breakfast[/x] wind issues, so I'll give the chia a miss for a couple of days to see if it's the cause.
    avoid dairy and gluten

I'm upping my goal to 1hr on the exercise bike, I'm enjoying the sweat :)
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    So the DH and I just got our taxes done and were pleasantly surprised. I have to go back before April and bring in the return from 2014 that I totally screwed up. We'll see if we get something back from that. I learned from that year to never try to do ours on my own again. Lol. The DH and I got into a tiff on our way out the really difficult plaza. I'll admit it, I'm not the best driver. Sometimes I'm really timid and sometimes I'm kind of reckless. Plus, the DH and I have COMPLETELY different driving styles. But all is fine now. He is quick to get frustrated/angry but is also quick to forgive and let go. His anger/frustration has a lot to do with his head trauma, so a lot of the time I just let him get it out and try not to feed into it. He's never violent and our arguments are very rare, so I just let them pass. He always feels really terrible afterward. A lot of the time our arguments are totally justified on his end so I try to reassure him that I dont hate him and that he's not a jerk. I've worked really hard not to hold it against him. Most of the time he can't help it. It's just part of who he is.

Anyway! Lol. I've run my errands and gone to the gym and library. My writing is done for the day. So I have very little to do for the rest of the day and it's only quarter after 3! I'm going to dive into a new book and maybe look for some recipes. Lol. I hope everyone has a great night! I'll be back later!
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    FRIDAY JFT RECORD
    1. Stick to calorie goal :(

I knew I wasn’t going to do it today. I completely set myself up to fail there. Next time I know I’m going to have a big social night I’m going to make me goal to meet my calorie goal for the week not that day, so i can do more exercise over the week and eat a little less on other days to stay on track overall. I can achieve that I think but I need to face up to the fact that some days (usually at the weekend) I’m just not going to stick to my daily calorie goal. Appreciate this means it will sometimes be just for this week rather than just for today but hope you won’t throw me off the group! I’ll be back on track tomorrow though.

JFT SATURDAY GOALS
    1. stick to calorie goal
    2. Go to yoga class
    3. Go for swim and sauna

If they let me in they will let anyone in. I pop in intensely for a few days then I'm off wandering around for one or two weeks.