1. stick to calorie goaL :)
    2. Metafit class :)
    3. Go for swim :)

Smiles all round. I’m amazing. Fact!

JFT THURSDAY GOALS
    1. stick to calorie goal
    2. Go to yin yoga
    3. Go to Ashtanga yoga

Weigh in day today....drum roll... 3lbs down yeah. Despite the over indulgent weekend!

14 Feb: 163lbs
    7 Feb: 166lbs
    31 Jan: 167lbs
    24 Jan: 168lbs
    6 Jan: 170lbs

End of Feb goal: 161lbs

Woo-Hoo! Look at those pounds melting off! That is fantastic! Keep up the good work. Stay focused on your process...doing so will ultimately lead to your health goal! Yea for you!!!
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Can I please tell you how much I HATE job searching?!!

I mean I really hate it! I just spent almost two hours doing nothing but job hunting and I sent my resume out twice! I went through every bank I could think of in my state, Indeed.com for all the positions I've had in the past AND every temp agency I can think of! I'm going crazy! I really need a job! I'm just hoping that something comes through soon! So praying people, throw some up for me!

Job searching can be daunting for many people (Me me me!!!). I am praying. There is a job just right for you...It might not be available quite yet!
  • sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    [quote="

Look at all those smiley faces! Awesome job my dear!

Thanks! :-)
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    bcTRAI wrote: »
    @joan6630 hey there sweetie, regarding the gym and potential depression:
    a. It's important for your mental health as well as your physical.
    b. Have you been taking any extra vitamin D?
    c. Would it help hubby if you wiped everything down before and after you used it?
    d. Hugs for you.

ditto this ^^^^^
  • junodog1
    Options
    Yesterday was HORRIBLE. I was doing okay through lunch, but we were required to stay late at school for a meet-the-parents night that almost no parents came to. I just got angrier and angrier and I came home and ate my rage away. (And I watched Miss Congeniality as well.) I know it wasn't a wise choice, but I still don't really regret it, because the combination did help me let go of most of that unpleasantness. I'm still displeased with the situation, but even thinking back on it doesn't make me clench up in fiery fury like it did every time I thought about it yesterday afternoon.

I just left working in a financial role for a school system after 13 years and my husband is a HS teacher. I have no idea how he does it.

As stated, there are parents out there who show up. I am afraid YOU bear a burden of being even more important to your students than the teachers with parents who show up. Those kids are influenced by you and you do make a difference. Remember you are valued. <3
  • junodog1
    Options
    asclepsia wrote: »
    @saragirl0906:
    I remember that quote from FlyLady about wearing lace up shoes, getting dressed, and fixing your hair and face. I think I am spending too many mornings at home in my jammies, and scuffs! Tomorrow is the beginning of Lent; good time to change some habits.
    Thanks for your post.
    According to FlyLady (google-funny lady) if you wear lace up shoes instead of slip on shoes or bare feet, you'll get more done in a day (wearing jeans vs stretchy yoga pants).

But I hate wearing shoes in the summer. :s
  • clairelouisey
    clairelouisey Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    @toaljasa Aw thanks for your lovely encouraging words. Really appreciate it.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,489 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Faebert wrote: »
    Skipped the piano as remembered I had practically an entire fridge full of veggies to batch cook. Have made roasted root veggies, ratatouille, spiced roast cabbage and Brussels sprouts, a huge pot of Bolognese sauce and a big lasagne all to be portioned and frozen (veggies all mine, pasta all for the kids as it is def not v calorie friendly!). So much peeling and chopping and standing and stirring - must have burnt some calories right??

Very impressive and delicious! Yes, you most definitely burned some calories. Cooking is in the MFP exercise diary and yes, I have entered that some days. In case anyone can't tell, I've reviewed the entire cardio database. :D
  • junodog1
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »
    bcTRAI wrote: »
    @joan6630 hey there sweetie, regarding the gym and potential depression:
    a. It's important for your mental health as well as your physical.
    b. Have you been taking any extra vitamin D?
    c. Would it help hubby if you wiped everything down before and after you used it?
    d. Hugs for you.

Thank you so much! No, I do not take any vitamins. I guess I need to start taking extra vitamins, especially in the winter months. I am just terrible at remembering to take anything. And thank you for the "hugs"!

@Joan6630 I am told by the doctor that I do not need a daily generic multi-vitamin, but if I start dragging and I take one I can feel the difference. Its usually an overnight thing, not immediate by any means. And it is not because I got enough sleep in that overnight (that is what I really need to do.) So I take one several times a week. I know my nutrition is not the most well rounded.
  • junodog1
    Options
    So for the last two days, I was really looking forward to going to the library to sit down and write for a little while. I was kind of excited today as well until I sat down at a back table and thought 'Why am I doing this? I dont want to be here! This isn't going to work.' Well, I changed seats and forced myself to pull out my notebook and pen. I set the timer for 20 minutes and got to it. The first like half a page was me complaining about how much I didn't want to do it but after about 5 minutes I got into the flow of it. It got easier and it turned out I needed to get a few things off my chest and written down so that I could look at them and know that everything will be okay. It's funny how things like that happen. I'm just glad that I stuck with it. I think I am going to do it until I get a new job. The gym and writing will definitely be harder once I start working again, especially if it's full time. But I figure that I can write during my breaks while sitting in a break room or something and if I have to start doing at home workouts again I will. Depends on the hours I'm working and the DH's schedule.

- You talking about writing makes me think of the famous JK Rowling's personal story.
  • junodog1
    edited February 2018
    Options
    @Bex953172 You got a new vacuum? Now I need to vacuum SOMETHING tonight to celebrate for you!

JFT Valentines Day
    Vacuum upstairs.

@HGSmith0920 We started getting WAWA down here in Florida a couple years ago. The transplant folks from up north were gaga to go - getting all reminiscent and having to tell us Floridians stories about the sandwiches. They are OK but I am not going to go out of my way. Still keeping their gas prices low which I appreciate.
    - It sounds like the old job ended terribly. I expect that impacted you significantly. Sorry to hear the negative.

@MLHC1 Take it easy mom.

@OConnell5483 - Oooh Oooh Oooh I'm going to go look at your diary now. (JK)

@slittlemeister - uummmm pancakes. I make the recipe, but never get as many panakes as it claims. I guess I pour heavy.

Saragirl2 wrote: »
    Always think "what would my future self appreciate" (having hot coffee brewing as you awake, clothes selected & laid out)
    Ooh I like that thought. It's along the same lines as "Well in a year I can weigh less, the same or more....."

@Saragirl12 what awesome news about your son's grades.

@slittlemeister I agree - House keeping has become a help, not a problem. If I could just get all caught up ONE time I woudl be estatic. I am working on my version of a chore schedule - you know daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly.

• HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    @junodog1 In high school(10+ years ago) I used to say that my brain consisted entirely of opening lines and premises for stories and poems. I avidly wrote for all four years but mainly in my Senior Year. But after I graduated and got involved in other things and life went on it seems that all of my inspiration has dried up. I'm not sure why but all of a sudden about two weeks ago I got the desire to read as much as I can about writing. I'm currently on my fourth book and am already halfway through it. The first book I read talked about something called "writing practice" and it is literally sitting down and writing every day. The author suggested that in the beginning, you set a time limit just to get you started. So that's what I'm doing. I was trying to do it at home for about a week but just couldn't bring myself to do it. So I decided that I would go and try it at the library. It seems to have done the trick. It also helps that I can walk to the library from the gym. It's less than a mile away. In the summer I'm going to start doing that. Right now I'm mainly just writing stream of consciousness but I think I may have an idea brewing in the back of my mind.
    I was with Wawa for 8.5 years. After a while, you get really bored of the food. It really is a way of life at the Jersey Shore. Well most of NJ really. We are the state with the most of them even though they started in PA. Lol. It just got to the point where I couldn't take it anymore and the DH REALLY wanted me to leave. The bank seemed like the way out. Well, it was for a while and for some reason it also affected my anxiety. The last 5 months have been really nice but we pretty much went through all of our savings. So it is pretty imperative that I find work. Also, the DH doesn't want to start trying for a baby until we have another source of income coming in...I REALLY want a baby. Lol

So the DH actually surprised me. He wasn't very slick about it but he got me a dozen dark red roses. They are beautiful and smell wonderful. He doesn't understand why I like them so much. He always thinks that anything he gets me(at least on a holiday like V-Day) isn't good enough for me and then he ends up just giving up and not getting me anything which is worse. Those are his words, not mine. He doesn't seem to understand that no matter what he gets me, I will love it because he got it for me. Because he actually put thought into it. He can't seem to comprehend that. Oh well. Maybe if I tell him a few more times, he'll get it. But my dinner and dessert was a huge hit. I made one of his favorite dinners and it was well rounded with a chicken, broccoli, and rice. And then dessert was Impossible Brownie Pie(a crockpot light brownie), peanut butter cup ice cream and magic shell. I think it was too much food for him though. Lol. But now I am going to sign off for now and cuddle with the DH. Lol
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    JFT, 2/14/18

1. Up at 6:30/weigh in/ Dress before coffee!!! :)Lost the water weight! Down to 154!
    2. MFP/Bible :DMFP but no Bible
    3. Food store to pick up online order :)In and out in about 3 minutes. I love online ordering!
    4. DH lunch/gym after he leaves :)I only did the elliptical for about 15 minutes but was going at pretty much a full run. I was really tuckered out when I left.
    5. Library :)Didnt want to do it but I did it anyway and I'm glad I did
    6. Liquor store :)I was the only one there but granted it was a quarter after 10am Lol
    7. Take out chicken to defrost for dinner :)I did it at just the right time. The chicken was perfect when I needed it. Lol
    8. Send out 3 resumes :)Took me nearly two hours and A LOT of frustration but I did it. I hope something comes of it
    9. Spend some time reading new book :)Got about half way through it. They're all nonfiction books about writing and they're all pretty thin but I am gleaning loads of info from them
    10. Start meal plan :/Job searching instead
    11. Look over budget and see what needs fixing :|Forgot I told the DH I wouldn't look into his account until tomorrow so that if he decided to get me something I wouldn't know ahead of time. So I'll have to do this tomorrow
    12. Put dessert in crockpot :)Cooked it a bit too long. Next time it'll be set for 3 hours, not 4.
    13. Spiff up bathroom :DEh. It's a tiny bathroom so it's pretty clean. I straightened some things and fixed a broken shelf in the medicine cabinet.
    14. Dinner/Dishes :)Done. The DH is even washing a fork and spoon that we used late and I forgot about.
    15. Quality time w/ DH :)Ended up passing out on the couch with him. It was great. He was super comfy.
    16. Bed by 12 :)May be a few minutes later. I want to spend a few minutes reading and it's 11:52.

Had another great day, although right now I'm dealing with a pounding headache. This seems to be a persistent one. I had it before I fell asleep on the couch. I have a lot on my plate tomorrow. The DH may have to work a double because they are right in the middle of a big sports move and for some reason, this year they are doing it during store hours instead of overnight like they did for the last 9 years. It's giving my DH a really bad time. Okay gonna keep it short tonight. Onto my list!

JFT 2/15/18
    1. Up @7
    2. weigh/change/coffee/MFP
    3. DH lunch(make extra for longer hours)
    4. Laundry/writing?
    5. Meal plan
    6. Finish revising budget
    7. Library if didn't write at laundromat
    8. Gym/Shower/Lunch
    9. Call doctor and finance guy
    10. Make shopping lists
    11. Bank/print out stuff
    12. Defrost dinner
    13. Read
    14. Dinner(not sure when)/dishes
    15. Time with DH(maybe. Depends when he gets home)
    16. Hockey if DH home, if not read
    17. Bed by 11
  • bcTRAI
    bcTRAI Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Happy Valentine's Day everyone! I've been away for only a couple days and holy moses posts!

JFT Thursday
    1. Water
    2. Chiropractor
    3. Lunch w Beth
    4. Bookstore :D
    5. Laundry
    6. Brush and floss
    7. Bed by 10:30
  • acrylicfox
    acrylicfox Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Well, I'll look on the bright side - today's almost over :smiley:
    JFT Goals: check :smiley:
    All the rest: X :(

One thing that's new is that I'm actually looking forward to my bike ride tomorrow!
    stay within KJ limit
    watch out for sugar and sodium limits
    eat chia for breakfast
    avoid dairy and gluten

Complete 30mins on exercise bike (and I'll add another 30mins if I feel up to it)