• MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    sissyziech wrote: »
    can I jump in???
    Sissy Ziech
    52, 5'11
    237lbs on Jan 4
    JFT stay under calories, meet the 10,000 step goal, and do the stretching!!!
    Thank you all! Good luck and FAT BE GONE!!!

Jump right in :blush:

Welcome and remember we are all here for you!! One day at a time, no matter what the day brings!!
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I had a GREAT morning. No joke! It's was fabulous! Spent two hours with R talking about everything you can think of. It was glorious! We were supposed to have a gathering of the four high school friends on Friday, but two live in another state and cant make it. R and I are going to meet up and I'm going to introduce her to my DH. They've never met even though I tell each one loads of stories about the other. Lol. Got my bloodwork done in about 5 minutes. It helped that the place we went to eat and chat was only about a mile and a half away. Got in and out super quick. I love that office. It's about 20 minutes away but the service is totally worth the drive.

So now I am eating some lunch and going to change into workout stuff(which includes yoga pants! Lol) and go to the gym. However, I'm going to bring a change of clothes with me and change there before heading to the library. Lol. I want to do some more writing before the DH get's home. As I said last night, it seems that I can only seem to write when I am not home. I dont really have any ideas yet for anything substantial but I'm hoping that as the days go on I'll be able to glean something from what I've written. Who knows, but I want to at least try.

I hope everyone continues to have a great day! Be back later!

Wonderful that you have reconnected with your friend. Good friends are a treasure!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,072 Member
    Options
    missheidi wrote: »
    JFT 2/13
    Took the boy to the dr. will be starting a low dose of SSRI anti-depressant tonight. hoping it will help with the hair pulling, anxiety, etc.

log everything
    stay green
    drink 4 bottles--1 down
    yoga class
    more crocheting on the v. day project.

I hope his tablets do work, must be very hard for you x I hope you’re getting the support you need too!

What is your v day project? :)
  • missheidi
    missheidi Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    JFT 2/13
    Took the boy to the dr. will be starting a low dose of SSRI anti-depressant tonight. hoping it will help with the hair pulling, anxiety, etc.

log everything
    stay green
    drink 4 bottles--1 down
    yoga class

I hope his tablets do work, must be very hard for you x I hope you’re getting the support you need too!

it's called a corgi loaf. it's a stuffed animal in the shape of a loaf of bread because that's what shape corgi's are in!
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    toaljasa wrote: »
    I had a GREAT morning. No joke! It's was fabulous! Spent two hours with R talking about everything you can think of. It was glorious! We were supposed to have a gathering of the four high school friends on Friday, but two live in another state and cant make it. R and I are going to meet up and I'm going to introduce her to my DH. They've never met even though I tell each one loads of stories about the other. Lol. Got my bloodwork done in about 5 minutes. It helped that the place we went to eat and chat was only about a mile and a half away. Got in and out super quick. I love that office. It's about 20 minutes away but the service is totally worth the drive.

So now I am eating some lunch and going to change into workout stuff(which includes yoga pants! Lol) and go to the gym. However, I'm going to bring a change of clothes with me and change there before heading to the library. Lol. I want to do some more writing before the DH get's home. As I said last night, it seems that I can only seem to write when I am not home. I dont really have any ideas yet for anything substantial but I'm hoping that as the days go on I'll be able to glean something from what I've written. Who knows, but I want to at least try.

I hope everyone continues to have a great day! Be back later!

Wonderful that you have reconnected with your friend. Good friends are a treasure!

They really are. I reconnected with her and the other two in the beginning of January and it's been absolutely amazing. I'm closer to R then the other two but I think that's mainly because I see her every week. We have a standing breakfast date every week. And I get to learn what it takes to raise a 3-year-old boy. Lol. But I love it. I really do. Other then my DH, she's probably my friend that I am the closest to. It's amazing how we've just fallen back into this amazing friendship after ten years. I know I keep rhapsodizing about her but she should back up in my life right when I needed her. I had lost touch with most of my friends. I hadn't seen my "best friends" in 3 years and they all live in a ten-mile radius from me. So it's really awesome to be able to see her every week. It's something I haven't had in so long.
  • missheidi
    missheidi Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    JFT 2/13

My SSRI's have worked wonders for my illness and anxieties. They helped me get my feet back under me after so many years with anxiety and panic attacks. I'm actually off the emergency ones. I haven't taken one of them since I left my convenience store job last April. And I learned a whole bunch of techniques to remove myself from an "emotional crisis" when things get really bad. The one I'm on for everyday actuals doubles as an anti-depressant and I think it's more of an anti-depressant than an anti-anxiety med. But either way, I hope they work! I know it cant be easy to have a child on the spectrum. When I wasn't medicated for the Bipolar I was a real issue for my parents. I know it's not the same but I hope you know that there are people here that are pulling for you and your son. And can see what a great Mom you are to him. Keep up the great work and one day he will thank you. My Mom and I had a really rough relationship all of my teenage and young adult years. But I grew up and got medicated and she learned that I'm not who I used to be anymore and now she's one of my best friends. Took about 3 year of hard work and harder conversations but it is totally worth it! So keep up the amazing job you are doing and know that there a whole bunch of people pulling for you and your son!

Thank you so much! I've been on Zoloft for about a zillion years. It's genetic in my family. We've been thinking about starting him on them for a couple years, but wanted to wait as long as possible on this one.
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    JFT 2/13

log everything
    stay green
    drink 4 bottles--1 down
    yoga class

it's called a corgi loaf. it's a stuffed animal in the shape of a loaf of bread because that's what shape corgi's are in!

That's awesome! I wish I knew how to crochet. I think I might have my Godmom teach me! But you have to take a picture when it's all done! I'd love to see it!
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    JFT 2/13

My SSRI's have worked wonders for my illness and anxieties. They helped me get my feet back under me after so many years with anxiety and panic attacks. I'm actually off the emergency ones. I haven't taken one of them since I left my convenience store job last April. And I learned a whole bunch of techniques to remove myself from an "emotional crisis" when things get really bad. The one I'm on for everyday actuals doubles as an anti-depressant and I think it's more of an anti-depressant than an anti-anxiety med. But either way, I hope they work! I know it cant be easy to have a child on the spectrum. When I wasn't medicated for the Bipolar I was a real issue for my parents. I know it's not the same but I hope you know that there are people here that are pulling for you and your son. And can see what a great Mom you are to him. Keep up the great work and one day he will thank you. My Mom and I had a really rough relationship all of my teenage and young adult years. But I grew up and got medicated and she learned that I'm not who I used to be anymore and now she's one of my best friends. Took about 3 year of hard work and harder conversations but it is totally worth it! So keep up the amazing job you are doing and know that there a whole bunch of people pulling for you and your son!

Thank you so much! I've been on Zoloft for about a zillion years. It's genetic in my family. We've been thinking about starting him on them for a couple years, but wanted to wait as long as possible on this one.

My Mom has anxiety that manifests itself as depression. It's genetic for us too. But I know what you mean about waiting. There's mental illness on my DH's side of the family as well. My parents think I've had my illness since I was very young because of some of the tendencies I had(compulsive lying, Damn the consequences I'm gonna do what I want attitude, etc). So we are going to be on a constant lookout for things like that in our children from a young age. I really dont want to have to medicate them really young, but I will. I dont want them to have the really hard experiences that I did. I had a really tough adolescence because I hid my illness so well, not realizing what it was. To me, it was just me being weak, showing weakness. It didn't click for my parents that something was really wrong until after I graduated high school. Anyway! Lol. I really hope it works! Mine work really well. So I'm praying that the same happens for your son and that it helps him.