Women in their 40s!

Options

Replies

• JustKeepSwimming2008
    JustKeepSwimming2008 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

What a great idea, I'm definitely going to try the "mini goals". You've done a fantastic job losing 20lbs!
    [/quote]

Thanks! :) I definitely do better with the mini goals. I end up getting too overwhelmed with one BIG goal!
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    @72smile that is just the cutest thing ever.

Mini goals are the way to go. I've done that my whole journey. started at 254.6, get under 250, get under 245, etc. 5 pound chunks the whole way. When I thought about the total I needed to lose it was much too overwhelming. I might've quit if I hadn't done it this way. I'm now 3 pounds past my first goal, 2 pounds from my next, 6.8 pounds from my ultimate and 8-10 from where my surgeon wants me. Never thought I'd be here but so happy that I am.

For those of you that are not my friends, I posted an awesome recipe today. Cinnamon banana protein pancakes. They came out far better than I expected. Delish. I might post it in the recipe forum. I'm not sure how much recipes and food pics I should post here, friends will be seeing it multiple times.

Keep up the great work. Let's have an awesome week. I'd like to be down 1.25 this week. That's my ultra mini goal.
  • WordWhimsy
    WordWhimsy Posts: 254 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I'm jumping in, going to be 43 later this month. Need to lose 20#. We are headed to Hawaii in June, so that is BIG MOTIVATION!!!

SW: 164 (3/13)
    GW: 144

3/18: (162)
    3/25: (160)
    4/1: (158)
    4/8: (156)
    4/15: (154)
    4/22: (152)
    4/29: (150)
    5/6: (148)
    5/13: (146)
    5/20: (144)
    5/27: (Hold steady)
    6/3: (Hold steady)
    HAWAII on 6/7!!!

I see it looks like Sunday is a weigh in day. So I guess I will start with that. If I can just lose about 2# a week, I should get there!

I exercise regularly 2x per week with a trainer in a small group, which is great, but honestly I need more. And my diet is not great either. I have tried everything in the short term, keto, high fiber, Dukan, Paleo, Whole30, you name it, I've got the book. I usually lose 10# then fall off, probably should get back to good ole calorie counting.

I bought a rebounder and had been doing that in the morning before work for a little jump start to the day, but this daylight savings time is kicking my bootie, so tired! I'll start with that again next week.

I also enjoy my nightly wine, so I think I need to cut back there to one glass per night (if calories are available).
  • MichaB73
    MichaB73 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you know and understand yourself and have a solid plan! Good luck
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Grammytryingtogetfit Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    ur37rqf5yzux.jpg
    wewdr2hb5o9n.jpg
    luocvm7otbea.jpg
    b70rtye7tpb4.jpg

OK ladies, so I was just in my kitchen putting stuff away I had a thought. I think these are some of my most useful tips for succeeding. I do a lot of meal prep and I keep a white board, a little magnetic one, on the side of my fridge with the serving sizes For whatever's in my fridge at the time. Today I made the cinnamon banana pancakes, chicken sausages to have with rice for lunch, and a pork tenderloin which I will have with mashed potatoes for dinner. I usually have a few different proteins and a few different starches, sometimes a veggie, I'm just not a big veggie lover, and I just kind a mix and match them depending on when I feel like at the time. I didn't make potatoes today, I'll do that tomorrow. This is what my food prep looks like, a picture of the whiteboard, and my fridge after I've stocked it. The pork had just come out of the oven, and it is still resting so it looks a little ugly in this picture. Also, the white board is usually much neater.
    Very Impressive!!! I'm doing good to figure out what's for dinner......lol
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies!!! Let's make this a Terrific Tuesday :)
  • WordWhimsy
    Options
    Something i do that might be of interest to some of you as i am working on my healthy lifestyle is that I log everything here on MFP, but I also have an Excel spreadsheet, where I track my weight everyday, my workouts, calories burned, water intake, and whether I had alcohol or not. I also make a note if I had a special occasion - out to dinner with family, birthday party etc.

For good days, I highlight the things I did well in green and things that I could do better on in red. I have done this spreadsheet for a year now, so I can see trends...

I know MFP has reports etc, but I like doing something separately as it puts it in front of me and gives me something visual to look at.

That sounds awesome!! Does it keep you motivated?

• Grammytryingtogetfit
    Options
    There's a link to a spreadsheet a guy made that when you log your calories weight and losses gives you your true tdee. I really need to download it onto my computer. That's something I think would be extremely useful. I'll find it and post the link later
    That would be awesome!!!! Finding out my true tdee would be awesome. There are so many calculators out there that it gets a little distressing..........

• melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
  • WordWhimsy
    Options
    Hi!!!

I am 43 soon to be 44. I started my journey when I turned 40. I have lost 49lbs. My focus has shifted a bit since I started. I currently weigh 147lbs and am not really looking at losing anymore weight. I have started running and lifting heavy weights and have put on quite a bit of lean muscle. Just remember it is truly 80% what you put in your body, you can't out train a bad diet!!

Did you follow any particular diet plan to reach your goals?

• tinaka2016
    tinaka2016 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Thanks @melissa6771 for the spreadsheet link.
  • getskinny1973
    getskinny1973 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Ok. so I enter all my calories which syncs in to my fitbit, and then I use the fitbit to track my calories burned.

So if my fitbit tells me I am allowed 200 more calories for the day after logging all of my food and after it tracks my calories burned. I go by that. Not MFP.

It seems to be working for me and I have been using this method for over a year.

Personally, I find the amount of calories burned on the fitbit to be more accurate than when I enter them in MFP.

I don't know if I'm doing it right or not. But it's working.
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Options
    Ok. so I enter all my calories which syncs in to my fitbit, and then I use the fitbit to track my calories burned.

So if my fitbit tells me I am allowed 200 more calories for the day after logging all of my food and after it tracks my calories burned. I go by that. Not MFP.

It seems to be working for me and I have been using this method for over a year.

Personally, I find the amount of calories burned on the fitbit to be more accurate than when I enter them in MFP.

I don't know if I'm doing it right or not. But it's working.
    I don't have a fitbit, but a garmin and I have been wondering if I should go by what it says or MFP. I have always went by MFP, but maybe I will change over to my garmin. It just scares me because sometimes those numbers can be quite a bit apart....... :/:/

• Grammytryingtogetfit
    Options
    8vxh0iii60jn.png
    Happy Hump Day Ladies!!!!! Let's get down today :)
  • jailyn3
    jailyn3 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!! I turned 40 at the end of last year and even though my brain still thinks I’m 17, my body doesn’t...and neither does the mirror
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Options
    neepex27 wrote: »
    7xbmih80zbd2.png

I hope you're all having a great day!

HAHAHA, I <3 this!!!!!
  • getskinny1973
    getskinny1973 Posts: 74 Member
    Options

Does the Garmin track your heart rate?

I think that's why my Fitbit is a bit more accurate than the estimated amounts that MFP gives me.

I feel like I get to eat a little bit more if I go by calories burned in Fitbit and that makes me a little less grumpy.

Also, I'm still losing weight.

PS. I'm not very good at the "quoting" thing. lol