Women in their 40s!

Options

Replies

• melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday ladies.

I hit the gym for almost two hours this morning, 55 min on legs, 45 on the arc trainer. I find my jawbone very accurate for calories burned per day. 1700 on sedentary days, 2100 on active days. My calories for weekdays are 1300-1350 and I eat more on Sunday, free day. I average out to 14-1600 a day when all is said and done and a, losing 1-1.25/week. I'm good with that so no need to change anything as of now. You'll know how accurate any of it is by your rate of loss.

I'm off to the vet with the cat in a few min and then home for my breakfast.

Hope you are all killing it today!
  • catunney
    catunney Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 46, stayed pretty fit until now and all of a sudden my body has decided to have a weight loss stand off with me! Hard getting going, I'm starting the keto regime and spinning. I hate spinning, seats were obviously not designed with a lady's undercarriage in mind but I'm going to class #3 tomorrow at 6am! Looking to lose about 15 lbs, may not sound like a lot but I've never had to do this before...feels a lot to me. Would love to join!
  • willow00
    willow00 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies, feeling a bit discouraged. Last 3 weeks i’ve been rocking my workouts & getting something in 6 days a week. This week my schedule & my family’s schedules are nuts & I’m not going to have a chance to get a workout in until Friday. Grr...i guess the silver lining is how much I’m missing my workouts. I’m living vicariously through the rest of you. Keep up the good work everyone!
  • daisyf717
    daisyf717 Posts: 57 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Hi, im 41 and would like to lose about 10 pounds but it’s definitely harder these days... feel free to add me too!
  • Booksandoceans
    Booksandoceans Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Time sure is funny! And man now it goes by so fast! I’m thankful to be healthy and hope to remain so for my next 40 years and perhaps the final 40 after that!
  • Babette1111
    Babette1111 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow 40+ers!!

What a lovely positive friendly group :)

I’m Babette, I’m 47 and looking to lose 35lbs. I’m looking for more friends to interact with and send support and motivation to each other so would love to be a part of this group.

I log daily so add me as a friend if you like as I won’t miss any messages.

Now, lemmie go get a pen for that pizza recipe....!

Xx
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Grammytryingtogetfit Posts: 672 Member
    Options

Does the Garmin track your heart rate?

I think that's why my Fitbit is a bit more accurate than the estimated amounts that MFP gives me.

I feel like I get to eat a little bit more if I go by calories burned in Fitbit and that makes me a little less grumpy.

Also, I'm still losing weight.

PS. I'm not very good at the "quoting" thing. lol

Yes, it does track my heart rate. I might try this:)
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Options
    obful0ep7d4v.jpg
    Good Morning Ladies!!!! Great to see all these beautiful faces this morning :)
  • mrslettuce1
    mrslettuce1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I am 41 and also would like to lose about 15 lbs. Really I just want to tighten my jiggle and if I lose weight in the process, great! The hard part for me is burning more than I consume. Not that I consume a lot, but I don't exercise as often as I should. Great to see others in the same boat. Let's do this! We can do it!!
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Options
    Great news @angelacatheart !!!! I also agree with @JustKeepSwimming2008 !!! Sometimes we just need to step back, reassess and change things up a bit.
  • AusAshMommy
    AusAshMommy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Can I jump in here, turning 40 in just 5 short months.
    Have roughly 35 lbs to lose.
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Options

Welcome to the Fabulous ladies in their 40"'s :)
  • Oboist
    Oboist Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 47. My body has been beat up by the desert and I'm working to lose about 30 lbs, VERY SLOWLY! This week is my start. So far I've been active 4 days in a row! I'm so excited to be getting my life back. :)
  • cjack19
    cjack19 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Jumping into this thread - I love having active friends on my newsfeed supporting each other! Feel free to add me!
  • neepex27
    neepex27 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have any low-cal snack/cookie/muffin ideas? Would love homemade preferably.
  • AusAshMommy
    AusAshMommy Posts: 845 Member
    Options

Welcome to the Fabulous ladies in their 40"'s :)

Thanks Nichole!
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Well you have been a bunch of busy bees in this thread today! Hello new women! Just got home from the gym. Upper body interval weights and cardio on the arc trainer. The interval weights are a killer. I love it

While the scale has not moved a ton this past week, my body fat percentage has gone down, I'll take that any day!

@neepex27 how low cal? I have a chocolate peanut butter muffin/cupcake recipe saved somewhere, I made carrot cupcakes with coconut cream cheese frosting and coconut sprinkled on top last weekend, 165 calories each, they are delicious, and my regular chocolate chip cookies are about 130 calories or so. You can make muffins with the kodiak mix too, lots of recipes out there for that. You can take regular cake mix, use unsweetened Apple sauce in place of oil and two egg whites in place of eggs. Use chocolate cake mix, 1 cup water, 1 cup canned pumpkin, bake as cupcakes, or spice cake mix also. Top with cool whip, low cal frosting, or a bit of regular frosting. I'm making another protein cheesecake tonight. It would help to know what you want. You know I'm a foodie with lots of ideas! Lol
  • jenna762001
    jenna762001 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    willow00 wrote: »
    Hi ladies, feeling a bit discouraged. Last 3 weeks i’ve been rocking my workouts & getting something in 6 days a week. This week my schedule & my family’s schedules are nuts & I’m not going to have a chance to get a workout in until Friday. Grr...i guess the silver lining is how much I’m missing my workouts. I’m living vicariously through the rest of you. Keep up the good work everyone!

I hate when i cant dit in my workouts too. I had a busy day with an all day field trip today so i didnt get in my morning run or strength workout. So I took my kids to the music shop for their lessons tonight and decided to use my time there for something other than netflix or facebook. There is a set of 20 steps leading to the upper lesson rooms. I decided to go up and down them fast for 20 minutes. I was literally dripping. The instructors chuckled at me but i told the girls that next week I'm doing it again! And it renewed my energy to come home and do the strength workout too. :) ya just fit it in whwre you can, and cut yourself some slack. Life happens. Have a great workout tomorrow!