Just Give Me 10 Days - Round 34

Options

Replies

• DebCountsAll
    DebCountsAll Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    srclark89 wrote: »
    3/18_175.2…0.7lbs lost in 10 days. Slow but interesting to see what happens in the next Ten days. I found it very difficult to find my way to day 34, I don’t expect it will be any easier to find day 35. I anyone can help, that would be awesome.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10651564/just-give-me-10-days-round-35#latest
  • DebCountsAll
    DebCountsAll Posts: 471 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
  • CaliMomTeach
    CaliMomTeach Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    3/17 136.5 (Wow! Finally! Ultimate goal of 135-137 range is reached.

ij2f3svdr4z8.jpg

Thank you :smile:
  • CaliMomTeach
    Options
    puttyputty wrote: »
    3/17 136.5 (Wow! Finally! Ultimate goal of 135-137 range is reached. Now, to stay there. I am going on an all inclusive vacation for 7 nights at the end of the month, so I know I will gain some back, but I can get it back off again. Maybe my strategy will be to continue losing for the next week so that when I gain it won't be that big of a deal? I think that less than this weight is too much for my large frame-I have very large bones/frame size and am 5'6. Let's see what happens. 60 minutes elliptical yesterday and ate back all calories. If I drop much more in the next couple of days, I will up daily calories)
    3/18

You're awesome! WOW WOW WOW! <3

Thank you :smiley:
  • CaliMomTeach
    Options
    Sparx_81 wrote: »
    5'6 47 year old female
    Starting weight: 193 pounds July 2016
    Lowest weight: 137 pounds April 2017
    Current weight: 144.4 pounds
    Goal weight: 135-137
    Goal for this Round: get back to 140 with lots of water and NO days over calories

End of Round 11: 143.4 (7/31/17) -( I tried to look back. Not sure when I started these challenges)
    End of Round 12: 142.5 (8/10/17)
    End of Round 13: 140.4 (8/20/17)
    End of Round 14: 138.6 (8/30/17)
    No consistent tracking Round 15 to Round 26
    End of Round 27: 144.8 (1/07/17)
    End of Round 28 143.5 (1/17/18)
    End of Round 29: 142.2 (1/27/18)
    End of Round 30 150.1 (2/6/18)
    End of Round 31 141.6 (2/15/18-no scale on 2/16)
    End of Round 32: 140.0 (2/26/18)
    End of Round 33: 146.8 (3/8/18)

Day/Weight/Comment
    3/9 144.4 (50 min elliptical; under calorie Net goal of 1200; increased water intake)
    3/10 143.1 (50 min elliptical; ate back all calories, annoyed with myself that I was down to 140 and then did this)
    3/11 142.3 (Body Pump class; ate back all calories)
    3/12 141.5 (60 min elliptical; under calories; slowly but surely getting back down closer to 140)
    3/13 140.3 (Body Pump class; ate back almost all calories; almost to goal for this round)
    3/14 140.1 (60 min elliptical; ate back all calories; looks like I'm back to 2/26 weight finally)
    3/15 138.4 (GOAL met for this round ! New goal=keep it under 140. Body Pump class; ate back all cal.)
    3/16 138.2 (60 min elliptical; ate back all calories)
    3/17 136.5 (Wow! Finally! Ultimate goal of 135-137 range is reached. Now, to stay there. I am going on an all inclusive vacation for 7 nights at the end of the month, so I know I will gain some back, but I can get it back off again. Maybe my strategy will be to continue losing for the next week so that when I gain it won't be that big of a deal? I think that less than this weight is too much for my large frame-I have very large bones/frame size and am 5'6. Let's see what happens. 60 minutes elliptical yesterday and ate back all calories. If I drop much more in the next couple of days, I will up daily calories)
    3/18

Congratulations! You've worked so hard, you deserve it! ❤️

• CaliMomTeach
    Options
    3/17 136.5 (Wow! Finally! Ultimate goal of 135-137 range is reached.

ij2f3svdr4z8.jpg

• CaliMomTeach
    Options
    @CaliMomTeach Congratulations!

• MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,995 Member
    Options
    SW: 228 Jan, 2017
    191 Jan 2018
    GW: 169 (Hit Normal BMI for 5’9”)
    By 3/19, I’d like to be 179 or under.

3/9 - 179.4
    3/10 - 179.2 (vest fit for first time, but couldn’t snap it after lunch! LOL #progress!)
    3/11 - 179.6 (down 1.2 since a week ago, so I’m happy!) NSV: Exercised over 30 mins a day & burned over 500 “Active calories a day for the past week. Focusing on fitness throughout my day more now!)
    3/12 - 179 Thrilled. Down: 49-50, exactly 10 to go!

3/13 - 178.8. - down 25.0 lbs in 25 weeks - just what I hoped for! Down 2 lbs since 3/4 - a plateau is certainly coming!! If not an uptick lol
    #SillyWeightLossPatterns!

3/14 - 178.8 Eating less the last two days & moving/exercising much more. Lots of decaf hot tea makes me feel warmer, and that seems to lead to less eating. Significantly more fish & beans, both of which I thought I’d never eat happily & by choice LOL

3/15 - 178.4
    Wow, waist is finally getting smaller! Hopeful.
    My Apple Watch is definitely helping me move and exercise more. And I think my huge thermos of piping hot water that I use to refill my mug of decaf tea throughout the day is really helping too. Over 10K steps yesterday + Pilates: FUN!

3/16 - 178.4
    11K steps, including a 2.73 mile hike in the hills that I always wanted to be able to do! Even did it in the rain LOL Best news: was totally comfortable during the walk & no sore muscles, leg cramps, etc overnight or this morning!

3/17 - 178.6 Still under my GW for this round.
    Got some not so good health news, but kept to healthy foods & at maintenance. Kept repeating to myself “Food won’t fix it,” doodled my concerns, relaxed, and then ran errands to keep busy. Feeling more settled & myself this morning. Much more hopeful that the lab values can be managed - I know I’m doing everything that is actually under my control & I’m slowly making peace with the fact that that is all I can do.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,995 Member
    Options
    [quote="marcvb35;c-41626972"
    I would be interested in learning what is working for you.

I look forward to hearing something from your diet. [/quote]

1. I gave myself 2-3 years to lose the weight. I’m at the 2-1/4 year mark. Down 49.4. 9.6 to go. I practiced maintaining periodically to make sure I could.
    2. For one month (last Jan or Feb) ate everything at home in strict portion control, no sugar. This really helped me begin to break my eating out addiction & helped me learn normal portion sizes. Recorded everything I ate & calculated calories.
    3. Summer 2017 - had one small dessert item on Wednesday’s at 2 pm. Decided after 4-5 weeks that they were not worth the 2-3 days of fighting the cravings they created. Ate out 2 times a week.
    4. Nov 2018 No eating out. Cooked & ate all food at home. Began learning new recipes, finding healthier ingredients, reorganized mostly unused kitchen so it was fun to cook. Learned to make whole wheat pizza crust, whole wheat bread. Realized they could be healthy and kept hunger at bay.
    5. Recently, found the MND diet. I began eating more fish and beans each week - and I love them now. Baby steps. I track the 15 elements of the MND diet each day.
    6. Pilates since Oct 2016
    7. Walking every day since November 2018, recently hiked in hills. Apple Watch is helping.
    8. I use 3 different weight loss apps & one weight tracking app, each provides something different.
    9. I have tracked everything I have eaten since Sept 2017. I now track my macros & other nutrients, using my dinner to boost what is low.
    10. Except for 1 (Peet’s) whole wheat bran muffin a week and 1 oz (half at BF & half at lunch) of 82% Scharffenberger’s dark chocolate, I eat no sugar or sugar equivalents, no white bread or white flour. No deep fried anything, no white rice. No alcohol. No butter. I eat tons of raw or unsalted dry-roasted nuts (measured & logged) up to 2 oz a day + 2T unsalted peanut only PB, and use olive oil. Beginning to use
  • puddlegoober
    puddlegoober Posts: 291 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 - I chuckled a little bit at your calorie plan regarding breakfast/lunch/dinner, only because I do exactly the opposite. I hope that I'm not sabotaging myself. I ma noke sure to eat something for breakfast, but it's almost always light. I eat a bigger meal for lunch generally, and then the balance of my calories for dinner. Dinner is the only meal I eat with my wife; it "feels" better to me to have some room to splurge there if I want to (as well as potentially having a drink with her sometimes). It's been working so far for me, but I WANT TO LOSE BELLY FAT TOO! :/

@marcvb35 - What "I" do:

1. The most important thing I've realized about myself is how important it is to me to be accountable every day and to track trends (watching daily weight, but also average weight per challenge or week). Since I started with the 10-day challenges I have not missed a single weigh-in or check-in. It's helped me so much.

2. Food-wise I have one "don't" that I've committed to staying away from for a bunch of reasons: caffeine. I think I'm an addict, and my life is just better without it: no spikes in energy, keeping myself hydrated more easily, cutting down on my "drink budget" by mainly utilizing water, etc.

3. Mostly I utilize portion control over forbidding myself from having something I really want. I think differently about things, though. If something doesn't "feel" healthy or like it's a great choice, I have to REALLY want it to have some. I don't torture myself at all. If I really want something, I have a sensible portion of it, and I log it.

4. I generally don't eat french fries, I generally stay away from chips/crackers/whatever, and I rarely have anything sweet. I cut down on alcohol A LOT. I still have a drink or two occasionally, but really never more than once per week, and usually much less than that (once every 2-3 weeks is more accurate). I generally stay away from mayo and calorie heavy dips/dressings.

5. I'm integrating more "really healthy" things into my diet as I get further along into this journey. I'm substituting what I feel are "empty" carbs (like bread and rice) for more complex ones (steamed vegetables and some fruit). It wasn't a big decision I made, I just find that I'm being drawn toward these choices. It also just feels good when it happens, so I am more likely to make that choice again. To put a cherry on top, I can say that I've actually craved something healthy once or twice recently; it was a mind-blower.

6. Exercise is a big part of what I do. Basketball is my one true love, and I play 2-3 times per week, as it's available. I have horrid knees (one is reconstructed 20 years ago, the other had surgery on it about 1.5 years ago to remove some torn meniscus). I lift weights 3 times per week for my whole body, but that ALWAYS includes leg work to help keep my knees in working condition. So that I can play basketball. Basketball makes it easy for me to stay motivated to lift weights. I keep dreaming that dropping weight and getting my legs stronger is going to make my "basketball life" longer and more pleasurable.

7. I commit to drinking about 100 oz of water every day (more on exercise days), and to getting as much sleep as I can, up to 8 hours per night.