The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• thynes1313
    thynes1313 Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Good morning and happy Monday all! Wait... a happy Monday... is that possible lol? Well the sun is shining here and going to use that as motivation to hop back on the wagon after a naughty weekend. Have a great one all!
  • donharkrn
    donharkrn Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I'm 37 and always welcome new friends!
  • prdrivas
    prdrivas Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm 58 and don't consider myself out of "middle age" yet. Definitely looking for like minded friends, so feel free to add me!
  • ncmollyc
    ncmollyc Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    53 female from North Carolina here with long term goal of losing 90 pounds short term 15 pounds by Sept 5 when I go back to doctor. I want to get off my blood pressure meds, and help control my fibro and joint issues with healthy eating and exercise for life.
    Feel free to add me as a friend and we can help each other with motivation, food ideas and recipe exchange, etc.
  • Daiyie
    Daiyie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am 36 years old, married for 6 years but still childless. I felt my body deteriorated day by day. I have nerves impingement in cervical, lumbar. I also have pain over left shoulder, left knee and right ankle. I started being constant on light exercise and HIIT and swimming for the past 40 days. Mainly cause i have achieved all the 3 iwatch goals since 40 days ago. I appreciate all the supports i can get to go through all the pain. Cheers
  • Deisler26
    Deisler26 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    lizzi1122 wrote: »
    I can no longer eat whatever I want. This doesn't just come off like when I was in my 20's!!!

This is literally the worst.
  • CajunTess
    CajunTess Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I've been gone 10 days for spring break, and so much activity here! Welcome new middle-agers!
  • Ralphone
    Ralphone Posts: 1,836 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Me was in Fla Welcome so many new faces
  • Pastaprincess1978
    Pastaprincess1978 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Anyone here with similar stats: 5' 6" 150lb wanting to be 130lb - sedentary? Just want to share diaries, meals exercies etc!
  • Susieq2466
    Susieq2466 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone !
    What is everyone’s favorite go to snack ?
  • Ralphone
    Ralphone Posts: 1,836 Member
    Options
    sugar-free Jell-O and whipped cream
  • Pastaprincess1978
    Options
    hazelnuts :)
  • Bchgrl_37
    Bchgrl_37 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Susieq2466 wrote: »
    Good Evening Everyone !

Celery with peanut butter
    Mozerrella sticks
    Almonds
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to say that I don't think middle age is until you are 45... 30's no way, lol. I'm 58 and by your definition am ready for old age, the senior center. Actually I can join some senior centers at 57. Just kidding you all, but wanted to tell you not to make yourself older than you are before it happens.

I often wondered what middle age really meant. The "normal" expected life span is 70, so I guess 35 is half (or middle) of 70. Right now I'm three quarters of 70.

3/4 x 70 = 210/4 = 52.5
  • Pastaprincess1978
    Options
    TonyB0588 wrote: »
    Just wanted to say that I don't think middle age is until you are 45... 30's no way, lol. I'm 58 and by your definition am ready for old age, the senior center. Actually I can join some senior centers at 57. Just kidding you all, but wanted to tell you not to make yourself older than you are before it happens.

I often wondered what middle age really meant. The "normal" expected life span is 70, so I guess 35 is half (or middle) of 70. Right now I'm three quarters of 70.

3/4 x 70 = 210/4 = 52.5

Really? Just 70? I think in many western countries we can look forward to more than that:)
  • hs112975
    hs112975 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    42 from Pennsylvaniamy goal weight loss is 100 lbs in a year. My go to snack is baby carrots , i like the crunchy stuff, but my weakness is chocolate i get the really dark, like 70%
  • Deisler26
    Deisler26 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Susieq2466 wrote: »
    Good Evening Everyone !

Popcorn