A married man lied to me?

Options

Replies

• manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    My friend wasted 7 years......7 whole fricken years!!! of her life on a man just like this.

I begged, pleaded, cajoled, ranted, reasoned and shouted at her to drop him but she wouldn't because she told me "I love him so much". Then he left his wife for another woman the he had only known for a few months.

Please don't waste another moment on this man, he does not care about you.
  • amluckhurst
    amluckhurst Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I can't comment much on his status or circumstances as I don't know the full story. But warning bells ring if you can't phone his home number/see him during 'social time' ie evenings and weekends, and there are no plans to progress the relationship with you.
    Sounds like he's got the penny and the bun.
    You know it, so beware of fooling yourself. Take a deep breath, put your big girl knickers on and sort your relationship parameters out, or you'll be used forever.
  • Deisler26
    Deisler26 Posts: 357 Member
    Options

I am SHOCKED I tell you. Just SHOCKED. A man lied about being married?! This is inconceivable. Next you are going to tell me that calories really do count if you drink diet soda with your meal.
    https://youtu.be/P8cxRnz0G14
  • sportychic87
    sportychic87 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    ilfaith wrote: »
    He's not leaving her for you.
    They almost never do.
    And when they do,
    they turn around and do
    the exact same thing to you.

Word.
    Just walk away. He’s not worth it. I can guarantee you that the mother of his children will take precedence no matter what. As someone else said: Why not visit him at his place when she’s home? If you can’t, then they’re together. He’s using you in the worst way possible.
  • princess7955
    princess7955 Posts: 1,277 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    giphy.gif
  • sportychic87
    sportychic87 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Somebody had to say it^
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    80wk595zcwxd.png
  • Cutemesoon
    Cutemesoon Posts: 2,646 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Just walk away. He’s not worth it. I can guarantee you that the mother of his children will take precedence no matter what. As someone else said: Why not visit him at his place when she’s home? If you can’t, then they’re together. He’s using you in the worst way possible.[/quote]
    @sportychic87
    From everything she's described thus far, she probably doesn't even know where he lives! :/

• MrSith
    MrSith Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    pudgy1977 wrote: »
    Let the games begin

I suggest ring toss
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Options
    if he is cheating on her with you. he will cheat on you with someone else.
  • jaycanchu
    jaycanchu Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    If they aren’t married, he can pick up and leave, and support his kids.
    But if he’s just seeing you at work, he’s lying about you the relationship status as well
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,573 Member
    Options
    lissbuff wrote: »
    Your man has been cheating on his partner when she had not long had twins and they were still under 1 years of age. Yup - he's a total keeper!

Go you and your empathy with your fellow sisters!

I can imagine it now - she's stressed and sore and tired and feeding is a chore, getting dressed is something that happened in another life, she manages to get one down to sleep and the other starts crying - relations are the last thing on her mind, she needs support... and instead of giving her that support your man comes to you to be serviced.
    To be honest, neither of you are coming out of this looking very good...

You see,I never considered that when he approached me.The reason why I believed him was ,I just couldn't fathom why would anyone do this.Perhaps I was just too trusting and naive with him.Over time it became clear that here was more to the story than he was telling me,based on his availability hence why i now feel bad about it and have to end it

Not trying to make excuses but that's ecxactly how I initially felt

Sadly, and luckily, you likely won't ever be that innocent again. Good luck trusting, it doesn't come easy.

Regardless... You can do this. Find that inner strength. Recognize that you are better than the behaviour you are participating in and end it. Yes, it'll hurt, but the longer you hold on, the worse it hurts.

And then don't let it happen again.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    3yk13gsfvfrg.gif