SAHM ORANGE TEAM

Options

Replies

• jessangel
    Options
    Hello,

I am a stay at home mom. Can I join the Orange Team?
  • lprunty
    lprunty Posts: 108
    Options
    Starting MFP Weight-192
    Starting SAHMU Weight-192
    Week 3 Weight-184.6
    Goal Weight 145

Have a great day ladies!!!
  • tigertown11
    Options
    Hello,

I am a stay at home mom. Can I join the Orange Team?

we have a full team right now, but I will look for a team for you if there are any openings!
  • tigertown11
    Options
    SAHMU Challenge Week 4

Cardio:
    Your Normal Routine x3 days
    Dance!!! Dance with your kids, your Husband or by yourself. Have fun with it! x1 day
    Try something New! - be it take a class somewhere, try a new workout video, give running a shot, etc. etc x 1 day

Strength:
    Step ups x 3 min a day x 4 days (How many can you do in 3 min?)
    Different Heights Work Different Muscles
    A basic height step works the hips and thighs. A higher step works the hamstrings harder, while a lower step targets the quadriceps. However, the basic height for a step obviously differs from person to person, depending on the person's height. To set a step to work your leg muscles to the max, you want to be able to easily place your leading foot flat on the step. When you bend the leading leg at the knee so that your thigh is parallel to the ground, the foot of your other leg should be able to touch the ground while still keeping the heel elevated. Basically, your step up should not be higher than your knee when you stand in front of it.

Food Challenge:
    Give something Up for one week! Make it good ladies, something you really enjoy!

Relaxation Challenge:
    Do something for yourself this week that has nothing to do with food. Take a bubble bath or read a book or give yourself a manicure. Almost like a congratulations for the hard work we have put in.

Emotional Challenge:
    Is there someone in your life that has affected you in a negative way and has contributed to your weight gain? How will this change once you have become more confident and learn to Love yourself.
  • LoveNevrNds
    LoveNevrNds Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Starting MFP Weight: 286.5
    Starting SAHMU (7/20): 283
    Week 1 Weight (7/27): 280.2
    Week 2 Weight (8/3): 279.2
    Week 3 Weight (8/10): 276.6
    Weekly loss: 2.6
    SAHMU Total Loss: 6.4
  • tigertown11
    Options
    what are you going to give up this week?
    I am going to give up .. oh this is a hard one, carbs after 2pm!
    I did this for 2 weeks once and lost 12 lbs. I have to see what it will do for me now. I know I feel better, but I just get a little hungrier in the evenings.
  • megansmom311
    Options
    I'm sitting here racking my brain trying to figure out what food to give up, and I can't come up with anything! I've already given up coffee, chocolate, bread, desserts...lol.

Would it be okay if I give up iced tea? It's really the only indulgence I have left. Sad, but true.
  • LoveNevrNds
    Options
    Alrighty! For my food, I am giving up..... fast food! No fast food for the week. After this vacation, it is easy, and hard at the same time to say this. LOL!!! I am actually hoping to give it up for longer!
  • HNee4
    HNee4 Posts: 27
    Options
    I'm sitting here racking my brain trying to figure out what food to give up, and I can't come up with anything! I've already given up coffee, chocolate, bread, desserts...lol.

Would it be okay if I give up iced tea? It's really the only indulgence I have left. Sad, but true.

I have chosen to give up desserts. they are my weakness especially chocolate. I don't know how you did it, giving up all of those things.

I don't east much dessert as it its but I seem to slip up once a week.
  • tigertown11
    Options
    heather has some personal issues she needs to attend to and will no longer be on our team. If you know someone that wants to join, please let them know.
  • NewLife_11
    NewLife_11 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I am sending someone your way now. Great job Team Orange, you are a strong group! You should be so proud.
    Karie
  • LoveNevrNds
    Options
    Food Challenge: Desert Recipe (Yummy!!)
    Each person submit a recipe to your Team Thread then Teams submit ONE Desert recipe to the main thread that you all agree could win by Monday.
    Tuesday we will take a vote and there will be a winner by Wednesday and I will post that point along with the weight loss point.

This recipe is so yummy. One of my favorites!!!
    Fruit Pizza!

Ingredients, Cookie Crust:
    1/2 cup margarine
    1/2 cup sugar
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    1 egg
    2 cups flour
    2 teaspoons baking powder
    Ingredients, Cheese Spread:
    8 ounces cream cheese (nonfat or light)
    1/2 cup sugar
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    1 drop of red food color - optional)

Fruit topping:
    Can be a variety of slices or small pieces of such fruits as strawberries, kiwis, bananas, pineapple, mandarin oranges, pears, peaches, blueberries or grapes.

Directions:
    1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

2. For the crust, in a bowl, cream margarine, sugar, vanilla and egg until light and fluffy. Add flour and baking powder, mixing well.

3. Spread mixture about 1/8-inch thick on pizza pan, baking sheet or 9 X 13 inch pan. (Or, for individual fruit pizzas, divide the dough into 12 balls and pat out into circles.)

4. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool.

5. Mix together cream cheese, sugar and vanilla. Spread on cooled cookie crust.

6. Arrange fruit on top of pizza. Cover and refrigerate until serving time.

Safety tip:
    Young children may need help in using an electric mixer. They also should learn to turn the mixer off before using a rubber scraper to clean the sides of the bowl. If children are not tall enough to reach the counter-top, they'll need adult supervision as they stand on a stable stool. (No teetering on a chair or bar stool!)

Teaching point:
    This cookie dough crust is a simple sugar cookie recipe, and making it is much less expensive than buying tubes of cookie dough in the dairy section at the grocery store!

Per serving: 260 calories, 9 grams of fat (1.5 gram saturated), 20 mg cholesterol, 6 grams protein, 40 grams carbohydrates, 1 gram dietary fiber, 280 milligrams sodium.
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    Hi Teams!!
    I hope you are all doing fantastic!!
    I have created a spreadsheet for our group. Please go to it and fill in your points and weight loss for the last 3 weeks. If you are a new person you can give yourself full points for the weeks you where not here. Captains please fill in your Team points (the ones you get for the whole team completing each challenge and the weight loss point and the recipe winner point) I am so glad I finally figured out how to do this! I started to fill in everyones info but figured it would be much easier for everyone to just go there and fill it in themselves.
    We have a pretty large group and now you can see who else is in this challenge on the other teams easier. If you need help let me know but I tried to make it pretty simple.

If I put anyones info in wrong you can go ahead and just fix it, I am sorry if I did.

Here is the link.
    https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnwPqv9GV3KzdGUxdVFLcVdiZmFOVmQzbmd1Y3RCOEE&hl=en_US
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    Hi Ladies,
    I hope everyone is doing well. There was a change in the food challenge after some people weren't very happy with the give something up challenge. If you have already givin something up, you will recieve your point. I had posted this on the main thread but I want to make sure everyone saw it.

Each person submit a recipe to your Team Thread then Teams submit ONE Desert recipe to the main thread that you all agree could win by Monday.
    Tuesday we will take a vote and there will be a winner by Wednesday and I will post that point along with the weight loss point.

I know it is kind of late, I meant to do this on Friday but I got busy with family, so again if you have already done the original challenge it will count for your point.
    Karie
  • LoveNevrNds
    Options
    Hello Orange Team!
    I hope everyone is having a great weekend. Weekends seem to get kind of lonely around here. What is everyone doing for their "Try Something New" exercise? I tried Dance Off the Inches on netflix, it was so fun!!!! I didn't think I would enjoy it as much as I did, but it was so fun! Also, do we have a full team, I haven't seen a new member around yet....
  • lprunty
    lprunty Posts: 108
    Options
    Hello Orange Team!
    I hope everyone is having a great weekend. Weekends seem to get kind of lonely around here. What is everyone doing for their "Try Something New" exercise? I tried Dance Off the Inches on netflix, it was so fun!!!! I didn't think I would enjoy it as much as I did, but it was so fun! Also, do we have a full team, I haven't seen a new member around yet....

I tried this new 10 minute dance workout dvd thingy. It's pretty fun, but I prefer my yoga, walking, and resistance training. :-) I have not see a new member yet either. I hope you weekend is going well!
  • amyelizbradley
    amyelizbradley Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    TEAM ORANGE:

I hope everyone is having a good weekend!

Okay, it's late and I am a little confused (that's nothing new)... I thought that I had posted my first post to this group via my phone and when I logged in on my home computer, it doesn't appear to be here; SO here I go trying again... I apologize if this is "old news" and I just missed that original post! ;)

I am a new member of Team ORANGE (invited by NewLife_11). I am a 39 year old mother of a 9 yr. old boy & a 6 yr. old girl, both with "special needs" as defined by the state of CA but we just move forward through life. I am an emotional eater through and through and it had me in an unhealthy and unhappy place. I joined MFP approx. Feb. 2011 and have found great support & success. Here are my stats:

Height: 5'6", medium frame
    Heaviest weight (approx. Nov. '10) = 212
    MFP starting weight = 202.5
    SAHM starting weight (8/11/11) = 157.5
    Goal Weight = 148
    Body Fat (approx. July '11) = 28%
    Body Fat Goal = 20%

Hope this covers it. Please feel free to ask questions, message me, friend me... whatever!
    Glad to be part of a challenge!
    Amy
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    I have done a recap on the challenges and point system for each week for everyone here is the link:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/102LC_kOsa1CIiwupmuRu4A1t1Dljz_tK_zo7P07JluA/edit?hl=en_US
  • amyelizbradley
    Options

SOFT & CHEWY GINGER COOKIES

Yield: 36 cookies

1 c whole wheat pastry flour
    1 c unbleached all-purpose flour
    1/2 c + 2 tbs sugar (or appropriate amt. of sugar substitute suitable for baking)
    1 tsp baking soda
    1 tsp. dried grated orange rind (* I usually don;t put this in but it's a preference thing)
    3/4 tsp. cinnamon'3/4 tsp. ground ginger
    1/4 c + 2 tbs. prune butter (to make @ home: 8 oz. of pitted prunes + 6 tbs of water in a food processor until smooth)
    1/4 c + 2 tbs molasses
    2 tbs egg substitute
    36 pecan or walnut halves (optional)

1. Combine the flours, sugar, baking soda, orange rind, cinnamon, & ginger in a medium sized bowl & stir to mix well.
    2. Combine the prune butter & egg substitute in a small bowl & stir to mix well. Add the prune butter mixture to the flour mixture & stir to mix well (the mixture will seem dry at first but will form a stiff dough as you keep stirring; I like using my mixture)
    3. Coat a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Roll the dough into 1" balls & place 1-1/2" apart on the sheet. (If the dough is too sticky to handle, place it in the freezer for a few minutes). Using the bottom of a glass dipped in sugar, flatten the cookies to 3/8" thickness. Alternatively, press a pecan or walnut half into the center of each cookie to flatten.
    4. Bake at 325'F for about 12 min. or until golden brown. Cool the cookies on the pan for 1 min. Then transfer the cookies to wire racks & cool completely. Serve immediately or transfer to an airtight container & arrange in single layers seperated by waxed paper.

Nutritional Facts (per cookie): Calories= 52 Fat= 0.1 g Protein= 1 g Cholesterol= 0 mg Fiber= 0.7 g Sodium= 38 mg

Hope that you like it! I have a bad habit of tweaking recipes a lot while I cook but not writing down what I did; I think I remembered everything for this one!
    Amy
  • amyelizbradley
    Options
    Gonna TRY to post a "Before Pic"... here's to the technically challenged!

6045068374_b883ba5cfd_m.jpg