30 Day Shred Group- August (Part 2)

Options
Great job everyone! Most of us are doing Day 10 today, and we already had 500 comments! This group is going wonderful! Thank you everyone who is sticking with it, thank you for everyone who has been so supportive and motivating!

Replies

• fultzjaf
    fultzjaf Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be on day 10 today too, but I missed to days from being out of town. I don't think I'm in the group but would like to be if possible. What is it all about? Are there any certain challenges that I need to know about? Just let me know what I need to do, thanks!
  • Epimoni87
    Epimoni87 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    bump
  • myiceisonfire
    myiceisonfire Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be on day 10 today too, but I missed to days from being out of town. I don't think I'm in the group but would like to be if possible. What is it all about? Are there any certain challenges that I need to know about? Just let me know what I need to do, thanks!

We just support one another & say how we did/feel each day =) We weigh-in after each level... So the morning of D11 =)
  • fultzjaf
    fultzjaf Posts: 141 Member
    Options

We just support one another & say how we did/feel each day =) We weigh-in after each level... So the morning of D11 =)

Ok, I can do that. I can certainly tell a big difference from missing 2 days! Last night was almost as hard as day 1 level 1. I am also no losing weight yet, I've gained around a lb so far....so I hope that it does go down. Where does everyone hurt? My legs are usually the worst, and my arms some. But I notice that my abs aren't as bad (I do take a break on the bicycle abs, I have to) but I'm hoping I'm working them hard enough. Has anyone done level 2 yet? Is it crazy hard? I', a little scared of level 2, lol. Thanks everyone glad to be a part of this group!
  • LurayneMarie
    LurayneMarie Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Hello! Sorry to be gate-crashing your thread!:tongue: But my copy of 30DS is in the post and hopefully I'll get to start the program within the next week. Im just looking for any tips you guys have picked up since you started...

Is there a 'good time' of the day to do the workout (to get better results) or does it matter?

Are you ONLY doing 30DS or are you incorporating other forms of cardio or strength training to get better results.

Are you doing the workout for 30 consecutive days or alternate days?

I really want to drop inches so I want to get maximum results from this workout! Thanks for your help and keep up the great work ladies! :)
  • rosemarymichelle
    Options
    I have gotten the video in the mail and am now trying to find the energy to begin. If I don't set a date, I won't get it done, so tomorrow morning will be day 1. I am posting here now so I don't lose this thread - I will use it for the accountability I am sure I will need. Can't wait to post my first update in the morning!
  • erinoldham19
    Options
    finished day 10 this morning.. i up'ed my weights on the chest flies and rows to 10lb.. i felt like i needed to amp it up a bit i really wasn't feeling much from using the 5lb. i still used the 5's for the other stuff..

when i finished today and jillian said you just finished level one i yelled at jillian and said ya i did, the whole thing bring on level 2 B*#&$..... made me chuckle a bit..

welcome to all the new shredders and to all the current shredders i hope you feel accomplished because its not easy to commit..

have a great day everyone..
  • Evallusion
    Evallusion Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Just finished Day 10

Level 2 / Day 4

I reached up to touch my hair and yup, someone is gettin' some GUNS!

My stomach is MUCH flatter. Yesterday, my coworker actually asked me what my secret was, lol. I told her, JILLIAN!
  • cmDaffy
    cmDaffy Posts: 6,991 Member
    Options
    Sassy, I made the choice that if I was going to do this, I was going to DO THIS! What the BIG issue for me is eating. I stay within the calorie range, but I'm making food choices that aren't the best. My big culprit is afternoon snacking and not always pushing water. I drink lots of stuff, some diet sodas, protein shakes, milk, etc, but decided that I would ONLY count water towards my 8 glasses. Next, I started to really think about my snacking, I'm trying to cut out the crackers and eat more fruit and SF yogurt and 1% cottage cheese. You'll get there!

ROCK ON!!! :tongue:
  • cmDaffy
    Options

Is there a 'good time' of the day to do the workout (to get better results) or does it matter?

Are you ONLY doing 30DS or are you incorporating other forms of cardio or strength training to get better results.

I really want to drop inches so I want to get maximum results from this workout! Thanks for your help and keep up the great work ladies! :)

Lurayne, I probably screwed up on the spelling

I actually do 2 workouts a day, except on Sundays. 2 days a week, I lift, the other 4 days I either run or do HIIT. It was what I was already doing and I didn't wanto to drop it just because I was know doing 30DS. So far, I do it everyday, and I'm half way through. Good luck!

ROCK ON! :tongue:
  • jagoochie
    jagoochie Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    doing day 10 in about half an hours time!!!
    level 2 tomorrow!!
  • jms88
    jms88 Posts: 49
    Options
    Just finished Day 10

Level 2 / Day 4

I reached up to touch my hair and yup, someone is gettin' some GUNS!

My stomach is MUCH flatter. Yesterday, my coworker actually asked me what my secret was, lol. I told her, JILLIAN!

Great job! I hope you're planning to post some before and after pics. I have a feeling yours will be extremely inspirational! :happy:

I did L1D9 last night and decided that I actually did a little better, and I slept pretty well, so I'm trying D10 tonight as well. I'm really proud of myself and all of you for having made it this far! Even starting D1 is a big deal. :smile:
  • myiceisonfire
    Options

Ok, I can do that. I can certainly tell a big difference from missing 2 days! Last night was almost as hard as day 1 level 1. I am also no losing weight yet, I've gained around a lb so far....so I hope that it does go down. Where does everyone hurt? My legs are usually the worst, and my arms some. But I notice that my abs aren't as bad (I do take a break on the bicycle abs, I have to) but I'm hoping I'm working them hard enough. Has anyone done level 2 yet? Is it crazy hard? I', a little scared of level 2, lol. Thanks everyone glad to be a part of this group!

The only thing that hurts for me is my arms when I'm doing the Shred. Otherwise I'm not in pain if I'm doing working out anymore. I did level 2 the first time around and it wasn't as scary or hard as I thought it would be. It was actually FUN! I was ready for a change =)... I am scared of level 3 for sure though!
  • myiceisonfire
    Options
    Hello! Sorry to be gate-crashing your thread!:tongue: But my copy of 30DS is in the post and hopefully I'll get to start the program within the next week. Im just looking for any tips you guys have picked up since you started...

30 Day Shred was meant to be every single day for 30 days, each level for 10 days... I do it that way because I don't really do any other workouts during the week. I know some people take days off because they do other activities, which is fine. I personally do it at night, because that's when I have the most energy. If you want maximum results I would use 5lb weights (i don't have good upper body strength and that's what I use), and I'd do it every day, even if you are doing other exercises.
  • FullmetalAlchemistMommy
    Options
    Hey ladies, I thought I lost you. O_o I'm glad I didn't get too lost. I did level 2 day 2 yesterday. I thought I was going to fall out afterwards. All of those plank moves are hard. I am hoping that when I do it tonight it will be a little bit easier. I can't do the double jump involved because of my knees, and can barely do the single jump, but I push through. All the plank moves, like the plank jacks are so hard, even the modified version of it, but somehow I get it finished. I think it was about day 4 on the first level were things were starting to get more doable. I hope the same follows suit for this level. I hope you ladies have a great day!!!!
  • cantina920
    cantina920 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I just did L1D1 today, so I am a little behind everyone else!
  • phinners
    phinners Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I just did L1D1 today, so I am a little behind everyone else!
    Phew me too. Well yesterday.

I've been sick with pancreatitis these past 2 weeks and my cal intake has been in minus figures most days but I tried a zumba class yesterday then being all fired up I tried the DVD. I did L1D1, and its jolly hard work! It's doable but it is hard.

I'm off on hols on Sunday so I will restart the 30DS once I get back and do the full 30 days in a row. Hopefully!
  • Ceceamanda
    Ceceamanda Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    So I got up at 6am today and D1L2 :noway: I needed a switch up. I feel the soreness in my arms/shoulders due to the change of exercieses which is what I was looking for. So technically today is D9 so I'll wait to do an actually weigh in later this week. I was surprised at how easy it was for me to roll out of bed and listen to Jillian. Level 2 is not that fun lol I have to do all of the modified plank exercises and want to kill her during cardio. It helps to stare at the blond's abs though as like visible motivation :huh: (not creepy at all right?) Anywho rock on ladies:flowerforyou:
  • cmDaffy
    Options
    Hey ladies, I thought I lost you. O_o I'm glad I didn't get too lost. I did level 2 day 2 yesterday. I thought I was going to fall out afterwards. All of those plank moves are hard. I am hoping that when I do it tonight it will be a little bit easier. I can't do the double jump involved because of my knees, and can barely do the single jump, but I push through. All the plank moves, like the plank jacks are so hard, even the modified version of it, but somehow I get it finished. I think it was about day 4 on the first level were things were starting to get more doable. I hope the same follows suit for this level. I hope you ladies have a great day!!!!

OMG! I actually LOVE the plank jacks and the plank twists - I feel so POWERFUL!!!
  • akell26
    akell26 Posts: 12
    Options
    Level 1 is available on Exercise TV On Demand, but no level two. Hopefully I can mooch off of the free level 1 all 30 days and still see results! I don't normally like to do the same workout day after day, but I'm making an exception because I REALLY felt it from the first workout more than anything else I've ever done (that was the closest I ever came to puking from exercise!). So I'm committing to at least this one 25 min workout every day for 30 days and if I manage to throw in an extra workout, a yoga or something later in the day, great. If not, then I feel confident that I'm getting a major workout just from the shred session.