March 2018 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    @zdyb23456 congratulations! That is fantastic.
  • HonuNui
    HonuNui Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options

March goal: March

3/1 3.41
    3/2 3.68
    3/3 3.12
    3/4 rest
    3/5 6.50
    3/6 3.23
    3/7 5.56
    3/8 rest
    3/9 3.41
    3/10 4.01
    3/11 rest
    3/12 3.12
    3/13 4.00
    3/14 We took the living room and moved it downstairs to the dining room, moved the dining room to the library...
    3/15 and moved the library into the bedroom, which we moved upstairs into the former living room....heavy lifting....cleaning.....scrubbing.....furniture moving...
    3/16 3.00
    3/17 2.09
    3/18 3.09
    3/19 installed all new window coverings, sewed new chair cushions
    3/20 3.65
    3/21 life
    3/22 2.25
    3/23 4.25
    3/24 4.50

Total 62.87

Ticker is my goal for 2018 and progress to date:

exercise.png

• katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    zdyb23456 wrote: »
    So I found out my 5k race results.

Official time 24:26min
    28th out of 397 runners
    6th female out of 258
    1st out of 64 in my age group!!

I was pretty proud after I saw my results!

@zdyb23456 awesome job! You should be proud! Wow!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    zdyb23456 wrote: »
    So I found out my 5k race results.

Official time 24:26min
    28th out of 397 runners
    6th female out of 258
    1st out of 64 in my age group!!

I was pretty proud after I saw my results!

Well done!!!
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    zerlinna87 wrote: »
    I'm looking for some suggestions for a couple of questions I have. I'm a fairly new runner, although I have run in the past. My longest distance is a 10k. I don't think I'll ever be a half marathon/marathon runner. Anyways, I've been doing the c25k training program. I'll be done with that in early April, but I don't plan to run a race until early May. I need advice on what kind of running I should be doing after I complete my program. Also, what keeps you motivated when you're not training for a race? That's been my pitfall in the past. Plus, I live in South Carolina, and it gets really hot here in the summer. That's when I tend to stop running.

With heat, you have to go either early or late. I can't speak to humidity because I live in a dry hear HAHAHAHA
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    I meant to run and lift this morning but I drank coffee and worked. Then I was like I'll workout after lunch. I worked some more. Ugh. Trying to get ahead so I don't have to spend my entire weekend writing and planning social media!

Trying again tomorrow morning. I need to get my running routine in order.
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    @zerlinna87 As Mobycarp and others have suggested Never say Never, Leave your options open.
    I am one of those who really enjoys Trails through the Bush, over mountains, through swampy ares etc.
    I also enjoy doing Group Runs with club mates ( social outings ) , local challenges, lone wolf runs and Track workouts with the local speeders, I can't keep up but it is a good learning experience.
    Last fall I led a Trail Run ( Sheep Dogged from the middle & back of the pack ) on a series of bush - animal - ATV trails linked together that was a lot of fun with lots of Terrain challenge's and late season wild berry sampling.

Again as others have suggested experiment with different terrain, distances and conditions. Since I have to travel a minimum of 2 hrs to go to an event I usually look for 10k or longer. Something about driving for 4 hours and running for 30 minutes ( 5 km ) is just wrong.
    Find if any of the local Running shoe stores or FB running Clubs Stores have organized runs and informal sessions. Join in and give it a try. When I have to go to our head office the first thing I pack is running gear because I know of 3 stores that have different Free Club runs and workouts on alternating days. Gives me a chance to experience different scenario's at no cost, and differant terrain.
    Now's when you ask " Why would a store do that?" Easy answer to build a bigger Running community = more long term customers.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    @lporter229 What a perfect run the previous day! Well done for battling on during the snowy run. :heart:

@cburke8909 Cool, I've been using a heat bag on my sore glute/hamstring. It's especially good for my hamstring because the bloodflow is bad in our upper hamstrings/tendons.

@NikolaosKey You've smashed your March mileage goal. Awesome stats.

@zdyb23456 Wow, awesome 5K and race result!!!

@simcon1 Donuts taste 87% better when you run to get them.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    March 2018 runs:

Goal 1: 180 km
    Goal 2: Do more cartwheels.

01 Mar – 5.6 km strides & intervals
    03 Mar – 5 km parkrun 28:30
    04 Mar – 21.2 km
    07 Mar – 6 km
    08 Mar – 5.5 km
    10 Mar – 5 km parkrun 27:10
    11 Mar – 10.3 km + 7 cartwheels
    12 Mar – 20 km
    15 Mar – 4 km + 7 km intervals
    16 Mar – 21.6 km
    20 Mar – 8 km
    21 Mar – 10.8 km
    24 Mar – 8.7 km including 5 km parkrun 27:10
    25 Mar – 25.2 km

Total: 164 km

Friday I did Body Balance and had a meeting of the Run Club committee (I'm secretary).

Saturday was parkrun, when I ran my equal best time since my PB in April last year. Happy it felt a lot easier than when I did the same time (27:10) two weeks ago.

25.2 km this morning, including Run Club, when I ran with someone I hadn't really spoken to before, and we had a lovely chat.

Like @7lenny7 I spent this afternoon on home renovation, namely sanding and prepping my bedroom walls ready to paint over Easter next weekend. All done!

Feeling smug that I've achieved so much this weekend. :smiley:
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    March goal: Run END-SURE well, stay healthy and enter the final stages of Zumbro training
    Nominal mileage goal: Let's say 140? I really don't know. Real plan is to follow training and coach's advice well.

3/1- REST
    3/2- 4.3
    3/3- 13.3
    3/4- 14.3
    3/5- REST
    3/6- 7.4
    3/7- 6.7
    3/8- REST
    3/9- 4.2
    3/10- 24.8
    3/11- 11.4
    3/12- REST
    3/13- 9.3
    3/14- 6.7
    3/15- REST
    3/16- 4.4
    3/17- 19
    3/18- 13.5
    3/19- REST
    3/20- 4.3
    3/21- 6.9
    3/22- 3.6
    3/23- 5.1
    2/24- 31
    2/25- REST unplanned

Total: 190.2

Today's notes: Taking an unplanned rest day today. My right glute and the outside of my right knee were both hurting after the 50k yesterday. This morning they weren't much better, so I decided to take an extra rest day. Today's assignment was just 45min Easy trail run, so I'm not missing out on much.

2018 races
    3/24- END-SURE 50k
    4/13- Zumbro Endurance Race 100 Mile
    7/28- Minnesota Voyageur 50
    9/8- Superior Trail 50 mile
    10/20- Wild Duluth 50k
  • zerlinna87
    zerlinna87 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice, everyone! @RunsOnEspresso it is hot and humid here, so I'm dealing with both. :neutral:
  • vandinem
    vandinem Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Date      Miles      MTD
    -------   -----    -------
    Mar  11     2.8        2.8 
    Mar  17     3.6        6.4 
    Mar  23     3.7       10.1 
    Mar  24     3.7       13.8 
    Mar  25     3.7       17.5 

• girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    Three nights on the trot out boozing is not conducive to running

Dragged myself out of bed finally today, after a very late night of partying, compounded by the clocks going forward. I know running cures all evils but did I have to give myself such evils in the first place!!

Six miles felt good, and I'm glad I'm sticking to my current training regime. My hips are hurting a bit now which I suspect is down to me wearing heels all evening.
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    A nine mile run for me this morning. It's my first run over 10k since my half marathon back in November. Plenty of other runners out and about in the snow and lots of encouraging waves and a 'good job' from the runners running down Heartbreak Hill while I was running up it.

I was nearly home when I realised my run would be less than nine miles, so I added a couple of turns, ran against the tangents, and ran to the top of the street and back again to hit 9:01 miles. My husband was looking out of the window watching my antics and laughing his head off at me.

I had to run past my house to the top of the street to get at least six miles. It never used to bother me until joining this thread!!!
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    girlinahat wrote: »
    A nine mile run for me this morning. It's my first run over 10k since my half marathon back in November. Plenty of other runners out and about in the snow and lots of encouraging waves and a 'good job' from the runners running down Heartbreak Hill while I was running up it.

I was nearly home when I realised my run would be less than nine miles, so I added a couple of turns, ran against the tangents, and ran to the top of the street and back again to hit 9:01 miles. My husband was looking out of the window watching my antics and laughing his head off at me.

I had to run past my house to the top of the street to get at least six miles. It never used to bother me until joining this thread!!!

I was so relieved to learn I wasn't the only person who did this.