40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,718 Member
    Options
    Walked 10k this afternoon. It was windy, but I got it done.
  • midget_60087
    midget_60087 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    worked a 12 and a half hour day but definitely hitting the gym in the morning!
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    6-mile run @ 12 m/m. It was 38degF, overcast, and windy, so a little chilly. I neglected to bring a warm hat, but was otherwise OK (2 long sleeve tech shirts, thin leggings, thick socks, knit gloves, and running cap). And I had perfectly hot coffee in the car when I finished, thanks to the spouse, who tucked my travel mug into our youngest child’s snow boot. Perfectly well-insulated.
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    __TMac__ wrote: »
    6-mile run @ 12 m/m. It was 38degF, overcast, and windy, so a little chilly. I neglected to bring a warm hat, but was otherwise OK (2 long sleeve tech shirts, thin leggings, thick socks, knit gloves, and running cap). And I had perfectly hot coffee in the car when I finished, thanks to the spouse, who tucked my travel mug into our youngest child’s snow boot. Perfectly well-insulated.

It sure was a chilly run today. Spring is certainly hiding in NW Ct. I did a similar run, but no hot coffee when I finished. Great idea by your spouse!

Off to the pool this afternoon.
  • __TMac__
    Options
    Djproulx wrote: »
    __TMac__ wrote: »

It sure was a chilly run today. Spring is certainly hiding in NW Ct. I did a similar run, but no hot coffee when I finished. Great idea by your spouse!

Off to the pool this afternoon.

He’s sort of a genius. I’m glad he’s using his powers for good. :)

Enjoy the swim! And maybe a sauna after!
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    Started at Bowman’s Tower. Still snow covered so only did one “down & up”. Moved down to Washington’s Crossing for a trail run.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "22 Minute Hard Corps: Cold Start & Resistance 2"=Done!
  • __TMac__
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Rest day, but played around with some strength and balance work in the basement, near the pantry shelves.

- Reverse pull-ups (jump up to rafters, then lower myself down)
    - Dips (on the stairs)
    - Incline pushups (workbench)
    - Step-ups (stairs)
    - Squats (holding a big bag of dog food)
    - Single-leg deadlift (using a huge bottle of olive oil)

Will do some half-assed yoga later today.
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    This week is my "cross fit" week, ST focus today.
  • howan
    howan Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Haven't checked in here in a few days, but had a clean exercise week last week. Took my rest day yesterday and today was... awful! Slept badly, so didn't have time for workout (or breakfast!) before leaving for the day. Sloped through the P90 Fat Burning Express when I got back, but it was ugly!!! Even skipped the very last round because I was just *done*. Oh well, will hopefully sleep better tonight and get back into the routine.

Great job to everyone who got a workout in today!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Finally feeling better and starting to get back into it. Walked yesterday. Walk /run today. Seems it takes baby steps to get back to where I was 3 weeks ago. :tongue:
    Weather is nicer, so no excuses!

Will try and catch up with the 10 pages I am behind!
  • BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    It's CG Strength & Agility week, and it started with and insane amount of chest presses, push ups, lunges, and squats. I've moved up to 20-lb dumbbells and definitely worked to failure today. No CG tomorrow and no time for a run as we head out to celebrate the boy's birthday. A couple rounds of disc golf and an escape room should pretty much take up the whole day!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "22 Minute Hard Corps: Cold Start-Special Ops: Cardio & Special Ops: Core"=Done!
  • __TMac__
    Options
    30 minutes on the bike in the basement this morning. The pre-workday stress relief was useful.

Chili’s already simmering on the stove, in preparation for a busy evening of child chauffeuring.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    level3tjg wrote: »
    Working out on some fishies! ;)

1uvktccp1tmn.jpg

That is AWESOME!!
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    CrossFit inspired cardio today. Always kicks my butt (as it's designed to).
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    level3tjg wrote: »
    Working out on some fishies! ;)

1uvktccp1tmn.jpg

Great picture. Is that an Amberjack?
  • level3tjg
    level3tjg Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Djproulx wrote: »
    Great picture. Is that an Amberjack?

Yeah... I offshore fish alot here in NC. We have a lot of big AJs. This is a decent sized one. My biggest AJ is like 90 lbs. I want to catch one of 100 lbs. :)
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "22 Minute Hard Corps: Resistance 3"=Done!