5`2/5`3 women success stories?

Options

Replies

• MrsPinterest34
    MrsPinterest34 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    raaines wrote: »
    z6l0e91jt2at.png

First, congrats on the weight loss - amazing feat!

Just wondering what step counter app you use. I love that it allows you to see how many steps per month! I walk a lot and this would be a great motivator!

Thanks!

Thanks. That's the Garmin Connect app for Garmin fitness watches.

• retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    Bump up time.
  • mikusfikus
    mikusfikus Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    @littleladykins - great job! That’s close to where I started and first goal is 130. What daily calorie total were you at to get from 151 to 130? Also, did you work out and eat your calories back? Good luck on achieving your ultimate goal! You got this! :)
  • littleladykins
    littleladykins Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    It fluctuated! But I tried to stay around 1200, and I don't eat back calories I burn. I worked out some, mostly yoga and occasionally running. I find that if I workout too much the scale doesn't budge. And thank you, you too!!
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    Bumpty bump up for newbies
  • Everyonelies
    Everyonelies Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Good morning!!

5'3(1/2) here!! I started going to the gym on 2/14/17 @228lbs. I was doing mostly cardio and lost about 9lbs in the first 50 days. The summer came around and I wasn't as consistent with the gym and was definitely not watching my caloric intake. In October I switched my routine to gym in the a.m. This way I have no excuse of not going in the afternoon because I am either too tired or have other things going on. It took me a while to get used to getting up early, but I actually love it!!

My goal is somewhere between 140-160...depending on how I feel when I get there, and depending on how my body changes with cardio /weights. I really have an issue with my belly...it's in a B shape(?). I am hoping that sort out with more weight loss.

The last few months have looked something like this:
    July 2017-217.8lbs
    August 2017-218.6lbs
    October 2017- 224.8lbs
    November 2017- 216.4lbs
    December 2017 213.6lbs
    January 2018- 211.2lbs
    February 2018- 212lbs
    March 2018- 206lbs
    Currently sitting at 199lbs, but the official weight will be taken on 4/1/18

I started back on MFP 40-some odd days ago...so I think the weight loss will continue. I had given myself a goal to come down to 180lbs by the end of the year, but at this rate, I think I will get there much quicker.

Any help, thought, ideas, recommended workouts, etc will be greatly appreciated!! Being short has it's benefits (5in heels anyone?) but being overweight being so low to the ground isn't one of them!!
  • biggestloser90
    biggestloser90 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    bee_bee8 wrote: »
    It took over a year, but I'm down 50 lbs from ~170 to 120 lbs at 5'3". Thanks MFP!!

y826vt0hnqx2.png
    8r2ck1ynp0hz.jpg

Bee_bee8
    Not sure if I'm messaging you right. First time lol I'm 5'3 also, and my goal weight is 120.. what size are you for pants and tops? And what was your exercise routine? You look Awesome!
  • 30kgin2017
    30kgin2017 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    @Everyonelies I have similar stats to you. I spent most of last year bouncing around 200-210 pounds. I got back into exercise last year after 6 months off due to injury but just couldn’t get going food wise so the weight didn’t budge. I have 8 weeks until a 13km race which my goal is to run the entire thing. I’ve reached a point in my fitness where I am not going to improve unless I get some weight off. So I am going a little more aggressive for the next 7 weeks. 190 would be good as I’ve done the race previously at that weight. We have a beach holiday in Oct so I would like to be at my initial goal weight of 165 by then. Atm I feel 140-150 would look good on me as a goal weight but I guess I’ll see when I get there, I plan on getting a BF scan to help me determine my ultimate goal weight. I am trying to increase my strength training atm to help with body composition as mostly I do cardio atm , finding it hard to fit in all in though. Once my race is over in June, I’ll swap my running focus to strength focus for a few months.
  • TorStar80
    TorStar80 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    30kgin2017 wrote: »
    @Everyonelies I have similar stats to you. I spent most of last year bouncing around 200-210 pounds. I got back into exercise last year after 6 months off due to injury but just couldn’t get going food wise so the weight didn’t budge. I have 8 weeks until a 13km race which my goal is to run the entire thing. I’ve reached a point in my fitness where I am not going to improve unless I get some weight off. So I am going a little more aggressive for the next 7 weeks. 190 would be good as I’ve done the race previously at that weight. We have a beach holiday in Oct so I would like to be at my initial goal weight of 165 by then. Atm I feel 140-150 would look good on me as a goal weight but I guess I’ll see when I get there, I plan on getting a BF scan to help me determine my ultimate goal weight. I am trying to increase my strength training atm to help with body composition as mostly I do cardio atm , finding it hard to fit in all in though. Once my race is over in June, I’ll swap my running focus to strength focus for a few months.

@30kgin2017 that is awesome!! I weighed myself on Sunday....down to 197! Finally out of the 200's. I am going to go visit my parents in Mexico in July, and I hope to be down to 190 by then. Goal for 2018 was to be down to 180, at this rate, I may even be lower!!. I have been sick for the last 2 weeks, so the only working out I have been doing is walking on the treadmill at the gym. There is a Hot Chocolate 15k race here in October. I am not a runner, but I sooooo badly want to do that race because the medal is...a chocolate bar!! #Ilovechocolate

I figure if I can get myself to run a few miles, I should be ok lol. I do love strength training, nothing major, but I love the soreness you feel the next day. It makes me feel accomplished!

Keep up the good work, we will get there!

Go for it!! I’m pretty sure I’ve run for a chocolate bar at some point in my life :):)

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!