Healthy Holidays! (Christmas Group #2)- Closed Group

Options

Replies

• kirstyfromscotland
    kirstyfromscotland Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    i just wanted to say thanx 4 the banner its co cool. And also 2 check if its worked on mine lol!
  • kirstyfromscotland
    Options
    i just wanted to say thanx 4 the banner its co cool. And also 2 check if its worked on mine lol!
    hmmmm no it didnt?????????????????
  • kirstyfromscotland
    Options
    hmmmm no it didnt?????????????????
    worked now that i read ur instructions properly lol thanx again, im so excited about this challenge. I will try and do the mini challenges u set but due 2 having 2 jobs im not always about but i will whenever i can.x :flowerforyou: :bigsmile:
  • thereseofdoom
    thereseofdoom Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Sorry I didn't post sooner, this is my first challenge group, and I couldn't find it, Lol. I promise to be more active now that I know where you folks are!

I'm super excited for this! I'd love to be a size 6 by christmas, and I think if I can hit my weight loss goals I will be! I have such a hard time during the holidays, last year I gained 10 lbs! Eeeek! But I think it will be easier to stay on track with MFP by my side this year! Wooohooo lets do this! Bring it!
  • treehugginpam
    treehugginpam Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    Hey all,

What are you guys doing for exercise? I was exercising twice a day -- doing 30 Day Shred in the morning and run/walking at night -- but I feel myself getting bored and less motivated. I need to mix things up! I just bought Turbo Jam and that seems like it'll be fun....what do you all regularly do?
  • MacSkillz
    MacSkillz Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Hey all,

What are you guys doing for exercise? I was exercising twice a day -- doing 30 Day Shred in the morning and run/walking at night -- but I feel myself getting bored and less motivated. I need to mix things up! I just bought Turbo Jam and that seems like it'll be fun....what do you all regularly do?

The 2 main things that I'm using are Power 90 and EA Sports Active 2 for the Wii. I'm also trying to work in more time walking so I can eventually start running (which I'm gonna try to do this weekend!!!) :)
  • treehugginpam
    Options
    Lesley, I hadn't heard of Power 90 but it looks good! I want to eventually work up to P90X, but I know I'm not there yet...is Power 90 as intense as P90X?
  • Sandbug
    Sandbug Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Hey all,

Pam,

I have been doing a walk/run self designed. I would like to start the C25K in the next few weeks if I can work it in. Although I alternate my walk/run with a few of Jillian Michaels Dvd's. If you like the 30 Day Shred you might like Burn Fat, Boost Metabolism.

Another suggestion given to me was to check the local library before buying anymore Dvd's. You can at least try them out.

Just a few ideas.
  • althara
    althara Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey all,

What are you guys doing for exercise?

I haven't figured out an exercise routine yet. I've started stretching while I'm waiting for my daughter to drift off to sleep after storytime and bedtime songs. And I'm incorporating extra walking/movement in my regular routines. Walk to the store/coffee shop close to work if I'm going to get something, park further away from any entrance, use the stairs instead of the elevator, walk up the escalator too, etc.

Next on my list is putting together a short morning routine for body weight strength exercises. Something I can add into my routine by waking up 15 minutes earlier. And something that will help me build muscle so I burn more calories all the time. :)
  • MacSkillz
    MacSkillz Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Lesley, I hadn't heard of Power 90 but it looks good! I want to eventually work up to P90X, but I know I'm not there yet...is Power 90 as intense as P90X?

It's not as intense, but it's still intense and works. Haha. The best way to describe it is beginner's P90X. I was also originally going to get P90X, but after reading reviews, so many people said that if you are not used to working out and aren't in the best shape, it's better to start off with Power 90 and then work your way up. So that's what I did! Plus, Power 90 I was able to get it for $50 on E-bay, where the cheapest I found P90X for was $120. yikes!
  • corgifan
    corgifan Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Hey all,

What are you guys doing for exercise?

I haven't figured out an exercise routine yet. I've started stretching while I'm waiting for my daughter to drift off to sleep after storytime and bedtime songs. And I'm incorporating extra walking/movement in my regular routines. Walk to the store/coffee shop close to work if I'm going to get something, park further away from any entrance, use the stairs instead of the elevator, walk up the escalator too, etc.

Next on my list is putting together a short morning routine for body weight strength exercises. Something I can add into my routine by waking up 15 minutes earlier. And something that will help me build muscle so I burn more calories all the time. :)

You might find 30DS an excellent fit. It's three 6 minute circuits plus stretch/cool-down. I've definitely started to notice a difference in my muscle tone after just the first level (two days into level 2, so i still have 18 days to go!)

As for my exercise, I've been doing 30DS to get in strength. I'm also running my second half marathon Sept 4th (Disneyland Half Marathon, oh yea!) and another on Oct 2, so I'm doing four runs a week that range from 3-10 miles. I can't run them solidly yet- partially because I've regressed a bit from where I was a year ago with my running, but mostly because the air here sucks and my asthma can't take it, so I've been running slower intervals. Still, it's lots of mileage!
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Hey all,

I really like Leslie Sansone's Walk at Home (DVDs), I also have a total body workout video called Bun Busters Total Body Workout. I'm getting a Tae Bo video & i would like to start Zumba when i lose some more weight.
    i also want to get back to Curves & start running again, when i'm able to.
  • darrcn5
    darrcn5 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I love the 30 day shred. Heck, I love anything by Jillian Michaels. It seems like all her workouts really pack a punch and make the most of your time.
  • Saksgirl1
    Saksgirl1 Posts: 248
    Options
    Super Sappy Moment....

Today was my first day back at school - well, not school, per se, more a 7 hour long seminar telling me how to be the most effective teacher possible in the most boring way possible! Needless to say, I felt like I was dead to the world when I finally left! I got home to change clothes and go to the gym and seriously for a minute debated just skipping... I was drained! Then I remembered this Holiday Challenge and my NSV of getting one piece of FAB clothing in a size 6...

Oh ya, I had a pretty kick *kitten* workout!

Thank you guys!
  • Imannott
    Imannott Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi Everybody,

I like jackie warners this is why your fat workout. 15 minutes for upper and 15 minutes for lower. I think I will through in leslie sansome workouts in 1 to 2 days.

I got the body blaster a while back, I have to dig that out and maybe try that one.

Have good day everyone.
  • treehugginpam
    Options
    Thanks, all, for the workout suggestions! I'm definitely going to try to vary my workout.

Saksgirl, great job on your workout!! I've been having to do that too lately, make myself work out when I'm not feeling it. Eyes on the prize, right? :)
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Over half way done with week 8 of C25K, 4 more days left. I also just signed up for half marathon training that picks up almost where C25K leaves off.

Otherwise I did Turbo Fire Core 20 & Sculpt 30 and I may do Fire 30 or Zumba Wii after the little one goes to bed if hubby is late getting home.
  • thereseofdoom
    thereseofdoom Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'v decided to officially register for the OC half marathon. It isn't until May, but I want to build up a solid running routine to prepare myself for the training program will start in January. I've wanted to run a half marathon for about a year ad a half,so it feels good to finally buckle down an register!
  • Babushka_Dolly
    Babushka_Dolly Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I'v decided to officially register for the OC half marathon. It isn't until May, but I want to build up a solid running routine to prepare myself for the training program will start in January. I've wanted to run a half marathon for about a year ad a half,so it feels good to finally buckle down an register!

That's awesome! Go you!!! x
  • jls1661
    jls1661 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    So, I have a question. I'm still kinda new to this myfitnesspal site. Am I supposed to eat back the calories I burned? Cause some days I don't think that's possible. Like if i burn and extra 1,000, am I really supposed to eat that on top of my alloted 1200? That seems to defeat the purpose of working my butt off (hopefully literally) at the gym. Would love it if someone could clarify this for me. Thanks guys!!