beagletracks Posts: 6,034 Member
    Options
    TIL

0yexinvnq7wc.jpeg

I haven’t confirmed if this is true...
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    TIL A group of psychiatrists watched/ studied 400 films trying to determine the most realistic psychopath; Anton Chigurh (No Country For Old Men] took number one. Hannibal Lector, Patrick Bateman (although entertaining), the most unrealistic.
  • cee134
    Options
    TIL the canonical reason for most of the alien races to be humanoid in Star Trek is an ancient humanoid species seeding the oceans of many worlds with DNA codes 4.5 billion years before the start of the series, directing the evolution of life towards a physical pattern similar to their own.
  • empresssue
    empresssue Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    TIL Sharknado 6 is coming out in August 2018. When will I see the royalties from them stealing my nickname??????
  • RomaineCalm
    RomaineCalm Posts: 3,972 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    TIL there’s a type of honey called "mad honey," which causes hallucinations. Honey hunters in Nepal make dangerous vertical climbs to harvest it since it sells for $60-80 a pound.

ymbzpncslgy8.jpg

Is it possible to OD on this "mad honey"? Asking for a friend.
  • cee134
    edited March 2018
    Options
    TIL that they made a video for the Never Ending Story song

Limahl - Never Ending Story (1984)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzE0Sq2-Yhg
  • RomaineCalm
    RomaineCalm Posts: 3,972 Member
    Options
    The Brits don't have wintergreen gum or candy. Apparently it's because their toilet cleaning products and medicines are made with this scent and therefore they don't find it appealing.
  • beagletracks
    Options
    TIL there’s a type of honey called "mad honey," which causes hallucinations. Honey hunters in Nepal make dangerous vertical climbs to harvest it since it sells for $60-80 a pound.

ymbzpncslgy8.jpg

I feel like I saw this in a movie or read it in a novel... I think it was a movie.

TIL It's illegal to own pet rabbits in Queensland, Australia, unless you're a magician. I question the truth of this claim. What say you, MFP Aussies? Is this for real?

http://mentalfloss.com/amazingfactgenerator/505069/queensland-australia-its-illegal-own-pet-rabbit-unless-youre-magician
  • beagletracks
    Options
    TIL Vincent van Gogh was born on this day in 1853

• slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,452 Member
    Options

ymbzpncslgy8.jpg

I feel like I saw this in a movie or read it in a novel... I think it was a movie.

TIL It's illegal to own pet rabbits in Queensland, Australia, unless you're a magician. I question the truth of this claim. What say you, MFP Aussies? Is this for real?

http://mentalfloss.com/amazingfactgenerator/505069/queensland-australia-its-illegal-own-pet-rabbit-unless-youre-magician

Yep.. Pretty sure you can't legally have one in Queensland. They say rabbits are a pest basically and that they are a threat to agriculture. Im in New South Wales though so we are ok for bunny ownership lol
    Rabbits were introduced here in the 1850's..
  • beagletracks
    Options

ymbzpncslgy8.jpg

Yep.. Pretty sure you can't legally have one in Queensland. They say rabbits are a pest basically and that they are a threat to agriculture. Im in New South Wales though so we are ok for bunny ownership lol
    Rabbits were introduced here in the 1850's..

Interesting! Thanks, Jo!
  • beagletracks
    Options
    TIL Indigenous populations constitute real majorities in Guatemala and Bolivia as 40-60% of total population in those countries.
  • cee134
    Options
    TIL No-one knows who actually invented the fire hydrant, as its patent was destroyed in a fire at the U.S Patent Office in 1836.
  • noexcuses0626
    noexcuses0626 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    TIL that Smarties in the USA aren't the same as in the UK.

rxjeodghlhsn.jpg

Same for Canada! We follow the UK way.