40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    CG HIIT Week! That was fun...and brutal all at the same time, lol! I have just enough time for a short run and a little disc golf before work. And a shower, of course
  • BettyM1017
    Options
    New to MFP and new to this thread. Male, 63 yrs. Started Jan. 2018, SW 250 lbs., now at 231 lbs. Eating clean and working out. Improving every week. Feeling great and not stopping until I hit my goal of 170 lbs. and maintain....

Welcome aboard!
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Trackday yesterday at a track I haven't been to this year yet. Turns out maybe my fitness wasn't as great as I thought, by the end of the day, I was beat. Even my toes hurt :D That track is a lot harder to ride on this bike than I remember being on my smaller bike - oh well, if I really needed more reasons to get my workouts in....
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday kids. I guess I love torture. I took a 75 minute BC class and needless to say, jello is the name of my body. I was whining to an older lady who was watching us in class and she eloquently said "Get it done, you paid for it". All I could do is laugh as she was right. My 1000 rep is sequenced at 1 minute of work and 30 seconds rest. Needless to say you have to be focused and compete against yourself in order to beat your previous score. Play the hard rock music and I WILL perform. Welcome newbies. Am I the only one having FITBIT issues? Have a great day kids.
  • Renonelarock
    Renonelarock Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    40, mom of three. Have been up and down for years... just joined a lil over a Month ago and after logging and working cardio and sometimes weights down 15lbs :)
  • HeyJudii
    HeyJudii Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Tried to skip today. Something I last did effortlessly 40+ years ago. I think I may have seriously injured myself! :D:p
  • Jonnydebrasco
    Jonnydebrasco Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hey 48 here love to be part of this, please tell me how to join thank you
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    Hey 48 here love to be part of this, please tell me how to join thank you

Just post your thoughts and comments in this thread. You are in the club!

• allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Doing nothing but work for two more weeks. Then I have to get back active. At least there is a hard deadline
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "22 Minute Hard Corps: Cold Start/Cardio 2 & Special Ops: Core"=Done!
    19331953 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    M fabulous,
    64, how do I join 40 + or is there a 60+ club here.l have been struggling for almost two years to loose 50lbs. So far, I have lost 15lbs. I eat 3 meals. My problem is, I snack often. Always thinking what is next to put in mouth. Please help.
  • alteredsteve175
    Options
    19331953 wrote: »
    M fabulous,
    64, how do I join 40 + or is there a 60+ club here.l have been struggling for almost two years to loose 50lbs. So far, I have lost 15lbs. I eat 3 meals. My problem is, I snack often. Always thinking what is next to put in mouth. Please help.

There's an Over 50 group. Search for it - I can't post the link from my phone.
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    30 minutes on the bike trainer, then rush to shower and eat a snack before a video conference call. Sat down at my desk with three minutes to spare! Which I then used to write this post. :)
  • alteredsteve175
    Options
    M fabulous,

Link to the Over 50 group. I belong to it, too, but there is not as much activity in that group.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/100593-over-50-group

19331953 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks alteredsteve, l appreciate your help. This is why all the inspiration counts. After reading some post this morning, I headed to the gym for few minutes. Take care.
  • resale3108
    resale3108 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Kettlebell silliness interspersed with squats, star jumps, lunges, mountain climbers and reaching for a defibrillator
  • alteredsteve175
    Options
    Thanks alteredsteve, l appreciate your help. This is why all the inspiration counts. After reading some post this morning, I headed to the gym for few minutes. Take care.

I sent a friend request. Add me and we can encourage each other.

• gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "22 Minute Hard Corps: Resistance 3"=Done!
  • howan
    howan Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    After my fabulous workout on Monday, I flew from London to Boston and so far am not that jet-lagged at all. Have slept great the past couple of nights, which I put entirely down to the regular exercise (and sleeping in my childhood bed :) ). Could not get my parents' old DVD player to work, so I just did 20 minutes on their rowing machine yesterday, followed by 20 minutes of lunges, squats and sit-ups. Today I'm going to go for a run if there's a break in the rain, otherwise I'll do a longer session on the rowing machine.

Nice to see some new faces in here - keep up the the great work, everyone!
  • BettyM1017
    Options
    M fabulous,

Link to the Over 50 group. I belong to it, too, but there is not as much activity in that group.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/100593-over-50-group

Yeah, I joined it too, But there's not a lot going on. It's way more fun over here!