Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    @moodybear2003 - sorry to hear about your back feel better soon.
    @Nikion901 - thanks for information on platues. Are you using an app to track? on my iphone when tracking it changes the amount of calories with every change in weight.
    @GOINSTD12 - hope you feel better with health issue you talked about.
    @SammyKlingler - i use a beginner video for fitness bands and zumba

For myself I didn’t log of thursday or friday for those were bday outings and I didn’t want to track just eat and have fun. So scale maybe up a little this week. I have incorporated a stationary bike to my routine at gym...i like it but seat is very annoying to sit on.
  • mdleyba
    mdleyba Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi
  • b_lisieux
    b_lisieux Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    @Nikion901 Ditto what @canyonGeek said. Even if you choose another weight loss strategy, I hope you always come back to this thread to be here with us.
  • Birder165
    Birder165 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    @canyonGeek Thank you so much for cheering us on and summarizing our stats!

I have to say that I've NEVER stuck with a challenge when I stumble. I usually quit. I promised myself that this time, no matter what, I'm going to succeed. It's taken me a several decades of doing this the wrong way and I have to unlearn a lot of things, especially how to handle my emotions + eating too much.
    I'm grateful that this thread exists and for all the lovely people who participate.
  • Silhouette_man
    Silhouette_man Posts: 104 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    @canyonGeek

Sorry I have not posted recently. I was just trying to see how this all works. My SW 331, My CW 311.5. My GW 200 sometime next year. I hope to be around this thread for a long time.

They say knowledge is power. Well I feel a lot of power in these threads knowing I'm not alone and others are sharing the same struggles I have with food everyday.

Feel free to add me if you want more support and motivation.

Gabe

• Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Tuesday - Goals (do you have any Goals you want to update us?)

Since my weight has been creeping up and I'm experiencing accountability challenges because of it ... that desire to 'keep it secret' instead of sharing it with the community because of shame over the stumble ... (Yes, I know, immature and non-productive thinking, wasted emotions, etc., etc., etc ) ...
    ... I am re-affirming my goal of eating just 250 less than I did, on average, in the past 30 days. ... my average calorie intake was 1875 calories and so I want to keep my average at 1620 ... because 1875 is pretty much my maintenance level.

• Proudof5more2b
    Proudof5more2b Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! Please feel free to add me! I am a 47 yr old and I need to lose 75-100 lbs. Due to a back fusion I have led an extremely sedentary lifestyle. I recently started exercising sitting down which has shown me just how out of shape I amI know it's go to take time to get where I need to be but am willing to put in the time and effort. Thanks for taking the time to read my post. And Good luck to all of you on your endeavors.
  • althea5883
    althea5883 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I am new to this group but not new to losing weight. However, this is my longest time logging on mfp and I really feel confident that this time is for good. I have a strong support system and am ready to lose this 120lbs. Add me if you'd like :)
  • moodybear2003
    moodybear2003 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Its great to see new faces!

My chiropractor cleared me for regular activity, and cancelled the rest of my flare up adjustments because I recovered fast. It Took all day to get enough motivation and energy to get to the gym, but I did it! I stopped at the store after and got stuff to refill my healthy snack basket. Everything is 200 calories or less, the only thing that high is trail mix. Most are 100cal or less, i can grab 1 or for work instead of being tempted by the candy vending machine. Everything comes from a graze subscription or aldi's fit&active line. I got 40 prepacked snacks for $12 and change, that's 31 cents a snack.
  • sw_serina
    sw_serina Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    New here I’ve 100lb to loose I’ve lost 22 so far the first 14 was easy but since then it’s been a slog. I know I
    Need to drink more but still feeling
    Blah. Done a meal plan and plan to use April to change my drinking
    Habits. Currently following slimming world, feel free to add me I need friends x
  • b_lisieux
    b_lisieux Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the new faces!!! Happy to have you join us on our weight loss journey! This is a great group and you will find lots of motivation and support here. You can do it! :smile:
  • Nikion901
    Options
    Think Spring! Challenge
    Name: Niki
    Height: 5’ 2.5”
    Highest Weight: 278.4
    Start Weight (Mar 01, 2018): 226.8
    Goal Weight (Apr 27, 2018): 223

Weigh-ins, week of
    Mar 09: 226.8
    Mar 16: 225.0
    Mar 23: 225.6
    Mar 30: 227.0
    Apr 06: 226.8
    Apr 13:
    Apr 20:
    Apr 27:

Weight -/+ this week: -0.2
    Weight -/+ this challenge: 0.0
    Total weight lost: -51.6
  • Silhouette_man
    Silhouette_man Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Fess up..... hmm. I started working put in the morning. I prefer the workouts at night, but I have no energy during the day when I do.
  • kbeyer23
    kbeyer23 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Fess up time- I totally binge-ate yesterday.
    Double my calorie limit, probably. At least.

That pie was calling my name for days and I gave in to it's siren song knowing it was a stupid move. Ugh. And I know it has everything to do with grief and finding comfort in the wrong place (food) and of course I'm disappointed in myself BUT I'm moving on today. I'm immediately climbing back out of that place of self-condemnation and downward spiral of throwing in the towel because of one really bad day.

Hubby cleaned out the rest of the unhealthy leftover holiday food this morning and I ate and tracked a healthy breakfast and have a plan for the rest of my day.
  • Nikion901
    Options
    kbeyer23 wrote: »
    Fess up time- I totally binge-ate yesterday.
    Double my calorie limit, probably. At least.

That pie was calling my name for days and I gave in to it's siren song knowing it was a stupid move. Ugh. And I know it has everything to do with grief and finding comfort in the wrong place (food) and of course I'm disappointed in myself BUT I'm moving on today. I'm immediately climbing back out of that place of self-condemnation and downward spiral of throwing in the towel because of one really bad day.

Hubby cleaned out the rest of the unhealthy leftover holiday food this morning and I ate and tracked a healthy breakfast and have a plan for the rest of my day.
    Lakota1961 wrote: »
    Fess up..... hmm. I started working put in the morning. I prefer the workouts at night, but I have no energy during the day when I do.

Well .... that was me last week ... this week I have it under control again! :)

pt1u2pgtipg5.jpg
  • moodybear2003
    moodybear2003 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    canyonGeek wrote: »
    @moodybear2003 31cents a snack sounds pretty awesome. Reminds me I need to stop buying eggs and protein bars at work. The markup is unbelievable. #Goals #BringSnacks

You can do it! Stash your own bars at your desk, or put them next to your bag or keys. Grab and go!