WOMEN AGES 50 + FOR FEBRUARY 2018

Options
1979899100101103»

Replies

• eminater
    eminater Posts: 2,477 Member
    Options
    I met my February goals, and also lost 8 lbs!

For March I have 3 goals:
    1) Build up my whole-foods plant-based recipes.
    2) Log consistently and stay within limits, focusing on micros: esp Calcium and Iron.
    3) Try to discover more "healthy" treats - and within moderation.

Here's to a successful March!
  • beckyobryan153
    beckyobryan153 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies,
    Day 3 on Slimfast. I feel like I'm losing weight. I'll know for sure on Tuesday when I WI. It says to stay on it for a full 7 days before it will show up on your scale. So I'll let y'all know as soon as I do. Seriously contemplating moving to Texas. I know DD and DH won't do it, but I don't care. I want out of where I am and I'm so done with all the drama. DD wants me to allow her to go where she pleases and do what she pleases with no regard for curfew and rules. She is 15. DH thinks I should trust her to make up her own mind. She wants to be treated like an adult. So I've been relegated to nothing more than a chauffeur and an ATM. I'm angry and sick over the whole thing. So I want to go away. Alone. Have a great day.
    Becky
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,046 Member
    Options
    Working today!
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options

Well, this past Sunday I had an eye opening event. I was at church for about 10 minutes and I thought I was having a heart attack or something. DH drove me to the ER and I was admitted and a bunch of tests were done. CT scan, X-ray, (for blood clots since I had one last March) and an Echocardiogram. Nothing was found! Thank you God!! But the doctor told me I need to relax and maybe try meditation.

Yoga!!! It's the best. Just learning to breathe has helped me in so many stressful situations -- that full, full belly breathe and slow exhale -- it does wonders.

So sorry about your mum and sister. But it sounds like you are in a healthy place now.

Namaste. <3

Felicia
    Willamette Valley, Oregon

• langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Happy March ladies,

Barbie, once again you have set us up for another month of sharing, hugging, crying, encouragement & information. I thank you for doing this. Love how you worked to meet your step goals. You inspire me.

Becca, my DD is 35 in July and not found “the one” yet. She has gone on line recently and had a few dates. She is going out on Friday with a 27 year old. I told her “too young”! But there is a 32 and 37 year old she has been texting with so fingers crossed. Doesn’t look like I’ll ever be a grandmother as she is my only one. I can’t think about it as t makes me so sad. I was looking forward to that. But never say never. I’m self sabotage too. Good positive thinking.

Mary, hope the vertigo is better. ((Hugs))

Dana, I hear how frustrated you much feel. Your right I think that your DD is too young to be making the bigger decisions in her life. Hold your ground. Maybe some tough love would work. Get yourself some counseling which always helps (if not for her then for you).

((Sharon)) Glad Jheri is enjoying the gallery experience. Good for you nipping Kim’s comments in the bud!

Lisa, my goal is also to see onederland by the end of the month. I felt so good when I had reached it before, I want to get back there again. I’m up 7 lbs since the holidays. Good thought for your son’s interview. Sounds like March is going to be an interesting month for you.

Kelley, sound like you are getting a cold. Take care of yourself. I’m sure working with kids you catch lots of “bugs”.

Heather, good for you only being 2+ bs away from maintenance.

LeighNC, 10 days in a row! WOO WHOO. You go girl! I’m hoping that today is my 1 day in a row.

Janet, you are so inspiring. You have taken the bull by the horns and gotten back to your basics. Good for you.

Betsy and Katla, we can do this.

Yvonne, Worldj Book Day? That day was meant for me and DH! Both avid readers.

Laura, Happy Birthday Month! Good for you setting goals for yourself. Sound like really good goals.

Julie, welcome! Your March goals are specific and doable. I also like your word for the month-patience.

Rye, We have a small room that has a floor to ceiling bookcase too. It’s all my DH books and needs to be cleaned out. I figure it will take him the 3 years until retirement to do it.

Barbara, Happy Your Day!.

Welcome newbies!

Well it’s 2pm and I’ve stuck with my eating plan for breakfast and lunch. Thinking in baby steps. The real test will be when I get home. Got to get a plan set in my head.

I only have one goal for the month and that’s to log, log log. I know it works so hopefully if I log this month I’ll get back on track and can see onederland again.

Terry in VT
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    langman22 wrote: »
    Happy March ladies,

Becca, my DD is 35 in July and not found “the one” yet. She has gone on line recently and had a few dates. She is going out on Friday with a 27 year old. I told her “too young”! But there is a 32 and 37 year old she has been texting with so fingers crossed. Doesn’t look like I’ll ever be a grandmother as she is my only one. I can’t think about it as t makes me so sad. I was looking forward to that. But never say never. I’m self sabotage too. Good positive thinking.

Terry -- I didn't have my first until after I had just turned 35. Had my second just before I turned 40, and had my third just before I turned 46. Never say never.

Felicia, almost always first mistaken for my youngest's grandmother. :smirk:
    Willamette Valley, Oregon

• csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)<3:)
  • beckyobryan153
    beckyobryan153 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies,
    Cold and rainy here today. Made a pot of beef vegetable soup for supper. We also have some nice Italian bread to go with it. Day 4 on Slimfast and doing good. The weatherman is calling for snow/wind tonight. Power went out for about 30 seconds. Prayed that it would go back on and it did. God is good. Waiting for DH to get home. DD is holed up at her friends house for the night. Hope all are safe. Have a great day.
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    B)
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    <3
  • wessecg
    wessecg Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Where is the March link?
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,046 Member
    Options
    Go to Women ages 50+ click on outlined star until it turns yellow.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,840 Member
    Options
    wessecg wrote: »
    Where is the March link?

Here: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10647066/women-ages-50-for-march-2018#latest

Or go to Motivation and Support and look for the March post which at this moment in time will be located two posts below this one. Of course, by the time you get there, it may have moved, but it won't have gone far.
  • LifeChoiceGrammy
    LifeChoiceGrammy Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hello to all of you!! Not keeping up as work has filled my days and have not checked in for awhile! I asked before but please tell me again for those who are doing KETO but not as much High fat! Please give me your version as my body just can’t handle such high fat and whole dairy
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    KayKallsen52 - Go back one posting (Machka9) and click on link take you to month of March. Make sure you bookmark the page by clicking on the outline of the star at the upper right-hand. Then to get to the back to the current month, click on the gray star (between the bell and gear) and a drop-down gear will open up a dropdown screen and then bookmark the page by clicking on the page. Sign your name (or what you prefer to be called, and a location (general or specific) so we can get to know you. Only 2 subjects that we 'try' not to discuss is
    'religion' and/or 'politics'. You can talk about anything.

Lenora
  • LifeChoiceGrammy
    LifeChoiceGrammy Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Lenora Thank you!!
  • Sunkist796
    Sunkist796 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    APRIL 3rd! I joined a local 21 day boot camp 2 weeks ago!! I am loving it! I only wish it wasn't so expensive! It is one of those places that you are START/ FINISH in 30 minutes! 90% of the time I have to do it without my leg because of all the sweat, it just falls off!! Hard work pays off in the long run! I am down a couple of pounds! I am using it as a starting point since there is still COLD WEATHER and snow/ice on the ground. Once we are free from this never ending winter, I will have my wheels out in FULL FORCE!
    f4jyi105o2s7.jpg
  • alcomer
    alcomer Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I started IF 4 weeks ago and have lost 6.5 pounds. I think I have finally found something that I can stick with long term. Now I need to incorporate some cardio and strength training! Keep up the good work everyone!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,906 Member
    Options
    :) How nice to see new faces among us. We have a very active community but we've moved on to a thread that started in April.

Here is the link:
    community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10655845/women-ages-50-for-april-2018