New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    free ice cream coupon http://woobox.com/73ga8c

No printer or I would have tried it!
    hgycta wrote: »

That's amazing they're giving everyone a chance to try the ice cream, but it looks like it's only sold in Whole Foods around me (which the closest Whole Foods is an hour away) so I don't think I'll be trying it anytime soon :/ I'm counting on a review though from one of you!!!

So uh.... remember that new peanut butter marshmallow Enlightened I was excited for? ....I won 8 pints on their Facebook giveaway for it >.>

I'll admit I DO enter way too many giveaways in a given day, but I genuinely think these companies also look at how much I comment because I do write a lot on their posts. It's definitely skewed, it has to be, I'm never this lucky. I go to breakfast bingos all the time and never win a darn thing. Luck alone is not my friend I assure you.

I'd totally enter the Twitter giveaways, but I don't like spamming my friends on FB so I don't bother :(
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Usually I don’t post from my phone but I did this time so ignore the random black squiggle lol. I accidentally drew it and couldn’t get it off after I posted. Also tried these. The cinnamon snickerdoodle was good with a nice cinnamon base but I wouldn’t call it snickerdoodle. More like cinnamon almond. The chocolate was pretty good but neither were anything amazing and I probably wouldn’t buy again, they were very small. vupb5y1xcsvv.jpeg
    ephhlj5jpe4s.jpeg
    nd14bogeevef.jpeg

They sure don’t look like the picture on the box lol

They had the full boxes of the snicker doodle at my local 99 cent store,I'm with you not that great and tiny!
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    DDC-Front-Wrapper-e1500480163633.png
    I hated this. Picked it up at woodmans for $1.50. Glad I only got one. Texture was fine, but it tasted fruity like it was packed with dates and sweeteners but it actually had a decent combo of real sugar and monk sweetener which usually doesn't bother me!! Didn't taste very chocolatey to me either.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

That's amazing they're giving everyone a chance to try the ice cream, but it looks like it's only sold in Whole Foods around me (which the closest Whole Foods is an hour away) so I don't think I'll be trying it anytime soon :/ I'm counting on a review though from one of you!!!

So uh.... remember that new peanut butter marshmallow Enlightened I was excited for? ....I won 8 pints on their Facebook giveaway for it >.>

I'll admit I DO enter way too many giveaways in a given day, but I genuinely think these companies also look at how much I comment because I do write a lot on their posts. It's definitely skewed, it has to be, I'm never this lucky. I go to breakfast bingos all the time and never win a darn thing. Luck alone is not my friend I assure you.

I'd totally enter the Twitter giveaways, but I don't like spamming my friends on FB so I don't bother :(

Didn’t you just win the other week LOL. THEY ARE RIGGED ;) and same I don’t do the ones you have to share because my friends get annoyed. When I have to tag people I usually tag my mom and boyfriend lol.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited April 2018
    Options
    So I had a coupon and decided to try halo top chocolate pb cup because you all are always raving about it. Not new by any means but new to me. Yuck. I took a few bites and was disgusted. It did not taste chocolatey at all. The only good part were peanut butter swirls. The base tasted like dirty water with a really weird taste to it that I can’t put my finger on. Looked at it again and realized I accidentally picked up the dairy free pint LOL. Would never ever buy the dairy free again. 1/10 xrd0int73m2x.jpeg
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    Sp1tfire wrote: »
    DDC-Front-Wrapper-e1500480163633.png
    I hated this. Picked it up at woodmans for $1.50. Glad I only got one. Texture was fine, but it tasted fruity like it was packed with dates and sweeteners but it actually had a decent combo of real sugar and monk sweetener which usually doesn't bother me!! Didn't taste very chocolatey to me either.

I tried these too. I only liked the oatmeal raisin one, but it tasted more like clif sierra trail mix bar than any oatmeal raisin cookie I've ever had.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    CookiePop-ChocoChip-6oz_grande.jpg?v=1496707332

Found this at Ollie's for a decent price (definitely not a new product) & definitely doesn't live up to chocolate chip cookies. If anything it just tastes like a decent, sweet popcorn that is not bad, but nothing out of the ordinary.

Anyone try this flavor?

Candypop-Butterfinger-2Pack_1024x1024.jpg?v=1512071930
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

Didn’t you just win the other week LOL. THEY ARE RIGGED ;) and same I don’t do the ones you have to share because my friends get annoyed. When I have to tag people I usually tag my mom and boyfriend lol.

I won Arctic Zero’s the other week, yes xD

So I had a coupon and decided to try halo top chocolate pb cup because you all are always raving about it. Not new by any means but new to me. Yuck. I took a few bites and was disgusted. It did not taste chocolatey at all. The only good part were peanut butter swirls. The base tasted like dirty water with a really weird taste to it that I can’t put my finger on. Looked at it again and realized I accidentally picked up the dairy free pint LOL. Would never ever buy the dairy free again. 1/10 xrd0int73m2x.jpeg

Personally I think Enlightened’s chocolate peanut butter is 1000x better than Halo Top’s. Halo Top’s hardly tasted like peanut butter to me and at best only had specks of it... I don’t like their dairy free versions but WOW that is so much more peanut butter that’s not fair! Unless maybe they changed the recipe in the normal one, too?
    bag-vinegar-lg.png

I forget who reviewed this earlier, but I definitely will be buying this again! Crispy like french fries with a nice crunch & a lot of salt & vinegar evenly distributed on every fry. Found this near the bakery/produce section at Wal-Mart.

That was me, and I’ve had several other flavors since then - they’re all amazing!!!
  • arya8
    arya8 Posts: 316 Member
    Options

That's basically what I did with one of my accidentally picked up dairy free version of some flavor I can't remember. It was horrible, horrible, horrible! But non dairy free is yummy.
  • hgycta
    Options
    Still don’t see any new Enlightened or Arctic Zero pints in my Shoprite, but it looks like they are SERIOUSLY cleaning up shelf space for something!!! I wouldn’t be surprised if Shoprite released its own store brand low calorie pint like Safeway....
    wc3pidtw4dr8.jpeg
    9tkhwb4fkzdv.jpeg
    pwgcamj8ccpl.jpeg
    0x7fw2rbpgoh.jpeg
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    Looks like the shelves right before a natural disaster @hgycta lol

Tried these. Nothing special. They were just okay. Not really any better than when I make my own. I like to roast broccoli in the oven for extra long until it gets crispy like this. Just tasted like overroasted broccoli. Not much flavor. I think making myself tastes better because I like to add garlic, onion powder, italian seasoning, etc. 2c03pdm27ue7.png
    jat9veknkrok.png
  • hgycta
    Options
    I picked up a Frontera Barbacoa Taco Bowl from Shoprite since it was on sale (never even seen this before) and my goodness I'm impressed! Delicious, filling, and very visually appealing for only 290 calories (and only 480mg of sodium which isn't bad) with 23g protein! I love how the pieces of pork actually taste like higher quality meat opposed to the cheap gristle or fatty stuff you might get in other frozen dinners. I'll be buying it again, 10/10 (even better once I threw some sour cream on there)!

Arctic Zero's Vanilla Bean Light ice cream is another 10/10. Very sweet and excellent vanilla bean flavor to it. As far as lower calorie vanilla pints go, this one is the best, even better than Enlightened. It somehow doesn't even get boring... I can't believe they made it this good for only 280 calories!

I've officially had all the Arctic Zero Light ice cream pints and here's my ranking:

1. Toffee Crunch
    2. Mint & Chocolate Cookies
    3. Vanilla Bean
    4. Cookie & Brownie Dough
    5. Cookies & Cream
    6. Chocolate Chunk
    7. Peanut Butter & Chocolate Cookies
  • Idontcareyoupick
    Idontcareyoupick Posts: 2,832 Member
    Options
    I picked up a Frontera Barbacoa Taco Bowl from Shoprite since it was on sale (never even seen this before) and my goodness I'm impressed! Delicious, filling, and very visually appealing for only 290 calories (and only 480mg of sodium which isn't bad) with 23g protein! I love how the pieces of pork actually taste like higher quality meat opposed to the cheap gristle or fatty stuff you might get in other frozen dinners. I'll be buying it again, 10/10 (even better once I threw some sour cream on there)!

Arctic Zero's Vanilla Bean Light ice cream is another 10/10. Very sweet and excellent vanilla bean flavor to it. As far as lower calorie vanilla pints go, this one is the best, even better than Enlightened. It somehow doesn't even get boring... I can't believe they made it this good for only 280 calories!

I've officially had all the Arctic Zero Light ice cream pints and here's my ranking:

1. Toffee Crunch
    2. Mint & Chocolate Cookies
    3. Vanilla Bean
    4. Cookie & Brownie Dough
    5. Cookies & Cream
    6. Chocolate Chunk
    7. Peanut Butter & Chocolate Cookies

So upset that I can't find the new points. The mint and cookies is calling my mind
  • missperfectpitch
    missperfectpitch Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    4a1net08nrel.jpg
    Ben and Jerry's new truffles line has been a bit disappointing. The caramel cheesecake one was too sweet, and the coffee one isn't impressive either. The ice cream was a bit on the bland side with not much coffee flavor. The coffee liqueur truffles had that fake coffee taste and weren't good. I'd stick with the limited edition Gimme S'more flavor, which was great and much better than the truffles line.
  • hgycta
    edited April 2018
    Options
    4a1net08nrel.jpg
    Ben and Jerry's new truffles line has been a bit disappointing. The caramel cheesecake one was too sweet, and the coffee one isn't impressive either. The ice cream was a bit on the bland side with not much coffee flavor. The coffee liqueur truffles had that fake coffee taste and weren't good. I'd stick with the limited edition Gimme S'more flavor, which was great and much better than the truffles line.

Wow, this was the one flavor I was really wanting to try! Thanks for that warning, nothing is worse than having to throw out ice cream or shovel down a 200+ calorie serving of it because you don't want to waste it!

Also, my brother was in Target and called me when he saw the Sweet Habit Ice Cream (I told him to just look for the penguin) so I had him pick it up for me. He said it was $5.99, which is about what Halo Top or Enlightened normally cost from there so I didn’t think about it too much.
    Well, when he came home I couldn’t believe my eyes! This thing is MASSIVE! It looks like a pint, but it’s actually a quart (2 pints)! There goes my portioning! I’ll probably try it tomorrow but for those who have tried these already - are they ALL this big or does my Target just sell larger containers?
    1phpvoslxoqv.jpeg
  • Birder165
    Birder165 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    As a Canadian, what really strikes me is the variety of food products people in the United States have available to them. It's amazing! Even within a brand you have many more options. It's not like that here in Canada, at least not in the city where I live in Southern Ontario.
  • crabbybrianna
    crabbybrianna Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Birder165 wrote: »
    As a Canadian, what really strikes me is the variety of food products people in the United States have available to them. It's amazing! Even within a brand you have many more options. It's not like that here in Canada, at least not in the city where I live in Southern Ontario.

I know what you mean. I grew up in the US and Canada, and shopping in Canada was always so boring! I haven’t been out of Canada since 2005 and threads like these make me want to go back home for more reasons than just missing home. I’m especially jealous of the ice cream selection I saw upthread.