bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    hot dog salad
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    tamonkay wrote: »

Chips inside my sandwiches, I love the crunch

Ketchup on eggs, any preparation.

I used to dip my chips in ketchup.

Tomato sauce/ketchup on eggs or chips is normal.... So are crisps in sandwiches! (toasted cheese with chips is double delicious)
    orangegato wrote: »
    french fries and mayo
    Are you calling Dutch people weird? ;)
  • Dani9585
    Dani9585 Posts: 215 Member
    You know those bricks of frozen, chopped spinach? So, right now, I have that (but thawed), 125mL of cottage cheese, a scoop of protein powder, and a drizzle of sugar-free/ calorie-free salted dark-chocolate espresso syrup (sorry, didn't weigh this today). Mix it all together, and add a little bit of water to help blend the ingredients. It looks so disgusting!!! But it tastes pretty good! Kinda like a weird, chunky chocolate pudding?

It's just under 400cals. It's my lunch!

(P.S. I'm not really picky, so this may not be for everyone)
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member

Tomato sauce/ketchup on eggs or chips is normal.... So are crisps in sandwiches! (toasted cheese with chips is double delicious)
    french fries and mayo

noooooo....ketchup on anything is so not right :D
  • apricotqueen1
    apricotqueen1 Posts: 38 Member
    I used to make a baked potato with hummus, A1 sauce, and sunflower seeds. Now that I'm thinking about that, I want it again... :)
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    I used to make a baked potato with hummus, A1 sauce, and sunflower seeds. Now that I'm thinking about that, I want it again... :)

i was with you until sunflower seeds lol but i love different textures so i bet thats amazing just unexpected indeed :p
  • apricotqueen1
    apricotqueen1 Posts: 38 Member
    JaydedMiss wrote: »

i was with you until sunflower seeds lol but i love different textures so i bet thats amazing just unexpected indeed :p

I was eating vegan a few years ago and came up with all sorts of combinations like that to get good protein and flavor. Even though I don't have any dietary restrictions now, I still have a taste for some of the fun stuff I created. :) The sunflower seeds add a nice crunch!
  • carrotsaregood
    carrotsaregood Posts: 57 Member
    I make savory roasted sweet potatoes, just salt, pepper, garlic powder, red pepper flakes and a little EVOO. No dips or dressing needed. This is not odd to me, but I live in the south and everyone (at work) thinks this is so weird.
  • tabatha400
    tabatha400 Posts: 2 Member
    When I was younger I would enjoy an occasional peanut butter, potato chip and bacon sandwich.
  • Fat_Bottomed_Girl
    Fat_Bottomed_Girl Posts: 354 Member
    I recently saw something about Cheetos made in the form of rice crispy treats...
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    I use sweetened yogurt as topping on bread/bagel and its delicious and adds some protein. Also bbq sauce as salad dressing is bomb lol. Another weird but delicious combo is spaghetti squash with berries, chicken, cinnamon, honey and drizzle of nut butter all mixed together. I clearly have a sweet tooth haha
  • orangegato
    orangegato Posts: 6,570 Member

french fries and mayo

No no. But I do it and people think I’m weird.
  • the8BitGirl
    the8BitGirl Posts: 38 Member
    Blue cheese and strawberry jam on toast - a match made in culinary heaven!
  • zugmeister
    zugmeister Posts: 23 Member
    Orange juice and Oreos. Better than milk!
  • LadyElectron
    LadyElectron Posts: 43 Member
    Sesame sticks with m&ms.
    Grape jelly omelette.
    Pound cake with a slice of American cheese. Refried beans spread on conchas or other sweet bread.
    Refried bean “quesadilla” (sub refried beans for cheese and prepare as normal, beans get warm and melty, delicious).
    Cream cheese and banana slices.
    Peanut butter and raisin sandwiches.
    A spoonful of peanut butter stirred into hot chocolate.
    Oatmeal with chocolate chips.
    Ranch on pizza.

My father loves peanut butter and miracle whip sandwiches
  • berky06
    berky06 Posts: 209 Member
    Sliced dill pickles on my toasted cheese sandwich.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Peanut butter on everything bagel
  • orangegato
    orangegato Posts: 6,570 Member
    Granny smith apple slices dipped in vinegar.
    Memories from childhood when my mother would feed this to me. Haven't had it since then.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited March 2020
    Lately I’ve been LOVING egg salad on cinnamon raisin bread. Perfect sweet and salty/savory combo. yqv16omzkjeh.jpeg
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,590 Member
    I haven't followed the whole thread but for the people who like peanut butter on meat and other savory dishees look up Indonesian or Malaysian satay (BBQ skewers with peanut sauce) and Indonesian gado gado (salad dressed in peanut sauce). Incidentally, satay sauce is an application where PB2 works well as a lower calorie peanut butter substitute.

Some sample recipes.
    https://www.thelondoner.me/2015/05/the-greatest-chicken-satay.html
    https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/gado-gado-salad