JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Hugs @joan6630 - I’m not surprised you are stressed and anxious. I hope you get the decision you need on disability for your daughter. Take good care of yourself as well as her - she needs you healthy x
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    I have had a good day today - seems to be my Monday pattern after a “bad” weekend. I guess it’s good that I get straight back on it, just wish I didn’t go “off it” in the first place!

Anyway, despite a horrible rainy day, it’s all looking v green:

- morning exercise ✅
    - 3ltr+ water ✅ yes!!!!!!!!!
    - Stay within calorie goal ✅
    - Yoga ✅
    - School uniform shopping with the kids ✅
    - Check in with lawyer ✅
    - Early night ✅

Also took the kids to a pottery painting cafe and we had such a lovely time. It was v expensive, but made me think maybe I should buy some proper art equipment to use with them and after they go to bed as I so enjoyed helping them.

Goals for tomorrow:
    - morning exercise
    - 3ltr + water
    - stay within calorie goal
    - Find an activity for the girls which isn’t weather dependent!
    - Cook dinner for a friend who is coming to see us
    - Online grocery shop
    - Sleep by 10
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,336 Member
    Options
    Just for Sunday:
    1. Journal every bite :)
    2. Stay in the green :)
    3. Eight 8 oz glasses of water :)
    4. Prep for next week :/
    5. Meal plan for next week :/
    6. Tiny Habits ;)A couple of them. 50%.
    7. Submit taxes and get bills paid :/Stayed up and visited with BIL & SIL again. Niece came over at around 9:00 p.m. and stayed until midnight, so that was hard for me since I am the only one who has to get up and work in the morning.
    8. Run my errands :)
    9. Evening ritual - Simple Abundance, New Day New You, 5 things in my Gratitude journal :)
    10. Bed early because it has been a very long week and I'm exhausted! :s I tried so hard, but it was loud with everyone visiting in the living room and hard to get to sleep.

My BIL & SIL left this afternoon to go back to Colorado. They've been with us for a week and it has been so much fun, but I am so exhausted! I'm looking forward to a quiet night at home with just me, my DH and my GD.

Just for Monday:
    1. Journal every bite
    2. Stay green
    3. NO ice cream
    4. Eight 8oz glasses of water
    5. Prepare for this week's lunches by cutting up veggies, boiling eggs, etc.
    6. Pack tomorrow's lunch and set coffee maker for tomorrow
    7. Tiny Habits
    *After I pour my coffee, I will read one verse of scripture
    *After I read one verse of scripture, I will say my morning prayers
    *After I eat dinner, I will pick out tomorrow's outfit
    *After I brush my teeth at night, I will wash and moisturize my face
    8. Evening ritual - Read Simple Abundance, New Day New You & write 5 things in Gratitude journal for today
    9. Unplug 9:00 and read some of my new book
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    karenleona wrote: »
    My goal for today is just to survive

I certainly hope you achieve your goal for today @karenleona !!!! <3
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    @joan6630 : If I get a chance tonight, I will sent you a private message. But in case I fall asleep, know you are not alone and that you and your daughter are in my prayers. Sending you much love. <3
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,079 Member
    Options
    Water Challenge
    Apr 1: 6 glasses
    Apr 2: 6 glasses
    Apr 3: 6 glasses
    Apr 4: 8 glasses!
    Apr 5: 3 glasses
    Apr 6: 8 glasses!
    Apr 7: 9 glasses!!
    Apr 8: 8 glasses!
    Apr 9: 8 glasses!

I achieved ALL my goals today... because I didn’t post any :lol:

Anyway, had “one of them days”
    I don’t know if it was a bad day or if I was in a bad mood! Either way. I’m just glad I kept the water up.

Although I’m still waiting for my skin to clear up...

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,210 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    JFT, Monday
    1. log all food :)
    2. concentrate on water :)
    3. do tiny habits:
    After I take my morning shower, I will take my vitamin :)
    After I eat breakfast, I will fill up my water bottle :)
    After I have my planned evening snack, I will brush and floss my teeth :)
    4. NO EATING AFTER 7 PM. Somehow, I have to figure out a way to break this stress-relieving habit :/ I did eat a protein bar at 9pm ...... but .... I took my daughter to a frozen yogurt place, and I just drank my water!!
    5. write positive thoughts and concentrate on those today :/ So busy sewing, but will do this if I have time yet before bed.

Water Challenge

Apr 1: 0 glasses
    Apr 2: 8 glasses
    Apr 3: 4 glasses
    Apr 4: 6 glasses!
    April 5: 7 glasses
    April 6: 6 glasses
    April 7: 9+ glasses --- I lost track!! YAH
    April 8 - forgot to post, but I know I got in a lot. Maybe not quite 8 glasses though?
    April 9 - 8+

I started out my day so down and grumpy, but tried hard to think positive. And ... it doesnt take long to see or hear of others that have it SO much worse. I talked to daughters apartment manager ... and once a week I am going to go and help my daughter clean her apartment. That way, I can see if any sinks are plugged, things needing fixing, etc. So hopefully this will work out, and we have no more issues. Hoping the rent stays the same .... and hoping and praying disability comes through. It will be a long 3 months waiting though.
    But foodwise - I did so much better, and got in over 8 glasses of water. I filled my large water bottle 4 times --- and took it with me when I took my daughter for ice cream, so that helped also! So .... a good day for me

JFT, Tues
    1. go to the gym
    2. log all food
    3. do tiny habits: vitamin, water bottle, brush teeth after 7. Trying to turn these into habits!
    4. work on new quilt I am starting --- need to cut up over 400 1.5" pieces!! Am I crazy or what!! It will be a totally scrappy quilt!
    5. help hubby - have to ship tomorrow.
    6. Get hair cut/colored
    7. write positive thoughts and concentrate on the good
    8. get back on here - be accountable.

BTW --- where is everyone? I only had to go back 1 page to find my posts! Oh -- thats right, I posted this morning, not last nite.Still .... seems very quiet on here today. Hope you are all doing OK?
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Water Challenge
    Apr 1: 6 glasses
    Apr 2: 6 glasses
    Apr 3: 6 glasses
    Apr 4: 8 glasses!
    Apr 5: 3 glasses
    Apr 6: 8 glasses!
    Apr 7: 9 glasses!!
    Apr 8: 8 glasses!
    Apr 9: 8 glasses!

I achieved ALL my goals today... because I didn’t post any :lol:

Anyway, had “one of them days”
    I don’t know if it was a bad day or if I was in a bad mood! Either way. I’m just glad I kept the water up.

Although I’m still waiting for my skin to clear up...

Hey --- great job anyhow Bex!!!!! Great job on the water!! And I hope your skin clears up, and tomorrow will be one of those good days!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    @joan6630 : If I get a chance tonight, I will sent you a private message. But in case I fall asleep, know you are not alone and that you and your daughter are in my prayers. Sending you much love. <3

It sounds like you are having a fun week with family in town!!! Nice to have days like that.... so be easy on yourself! You are staying in the green, and logging food .... that is great with company in town!
  • bcTRAI
    bcTRAI Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    JFT Tuesday
    1. Water
    2. Meditation
    3. 9:00 Hospital for tests
    4. Work
    5. Work on socks - need to finish and cast on a new pair before May
    6. Brush and floss
    7. Bed by 10:30
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Had a lovely weekend away with the boyfriend - weather was appalling, but we had a good time regardless! It was a mixed bag food-wise - I made some good choices, but lots of bad ones too. However, back to normality and good choices now!

Today's commitments:
    - Log everything I eat
    - Stick to food plan
    - Exercise class after work
    - Stay calm and positive
    - Update to-do list
  • sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    JFY (Monday)
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water :)
    2. Log all the food I eat :)
    3. Stay "in the green" with my calories :)
    4. Laundry :)
    5. Finish 3 orders from my shop :)
    6. Go to the gym :)

JFT (Tuesday)
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water
    2. Log all the food I eat
    3. Stay "in the green" with my calories
    4. Get things together for our Garage Sale in May
    5. Finish 1 order from my shop
    6. Go to the gym
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,489 Member
    Options
    Recap M 4/9 ~ Rest day / no walk before work
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work = Fitbit 9,841 steps, 250+ steps 13/14 & 33 floors ~ also enrolled in the Wellness Step by Step Challenge at work (4/16 - 8/31) and added ChallengeRunner app to my phone ~ excited to do this! :smiley:
    2) Lunch at desk (noon meeting at OFF) / not sure about supper / net calories w/i 100 green / monitor usual = Net calories -182, sugar -11, sodium green, fiber & protein good (yay!) & 15c water :smiley:
    3) Evening: bake muffins :smiley: / put away laundry :smile: most of it / water plants :smiley: / Sunday ads :/ postponed to T / delete DVR :smiley:
    4) Unplug 9:00 :smiley: / floss :smiley: / retainers :smiley: / bed & TV off 10:15 (treadmill T a.m.) :smile: just after

JFT T 4/10 ~ have noon meeting at local non-profit org
    1) Treadmill before work / 3 mi 48:35 / stretched :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work
    3) Usual breakfast & snacks / lunch unknown / supper planned / net calories green / monitor usual
    4) Evening: Sunday ads / wash dishes / 1-2 to-do's
    5) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / bed & TV off 10:15 (treadmill W a.m.)
  • missheidi
    missheidi Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    still staying on the Always hungry book plan. that's my main goal.
    yoga class today
    drink 80
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,761 Member
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »
    So I have to come up with something to stop this!! I gulp water like crazy, but still give into eating.

What about brushing your teeth? I used to do that when I wanted a smoke when I was quitting smoking it helped curb the urge because I never liked a cigarette after brushing my teeth. Maybe it would work for food too. That's my trouble time too, is in the evenings. I could go all day and not eat, and then blow it all after my husband goes to bed.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,761 Member
    Options
    JFT - Monday April 9
    2L of Water :)
    Stay in Green :)
    Write in Journal :)
    Do 10 Something's every hour :| I purposely missed some but it was because I had been cleaning for 60 Minutes straight and then 40 minutes.
    Clean office in preparation of VP coming on Wednesday

JFT - Tuesday April 10
    2L of Water
    Stay in Green
    Write in Journal
    Do 10 Something's every hour
    Finish cleaning office in preparation of VP coming tomorrow
    Come up with a couple of ideas for paintings

Last fall when I was unemployed I started a Paint Night at Home business. I really need to get some new paintings done to put on my FB page. I am getting tonnes of views but since I have no new paintings posted no one is interested in what they see. This would be a big help financially, I need to buckle down and do it!
  • missheidi
    missheidi Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    @joan6630, eat something high in good fat. berries with heavy cream, full fat yogurt and berries, peanut butter. trust me on this. it helps.