What We're Eating Weekly

Options

Replies

• avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: one scrambled egg, English muffin with a little yogurt butter and apricot preserves, cantaloupe with Tajin, iced coffee.

Lunch: will be vegetable soup (made over the weekend) and a Morningstar patty with mustard.

Dinner: will be fresh chicken & garlic ravioli, homemade marinara, and steamed broccoli.

Snacks: hoping to stick to the smarter choices (fruit, sunflower seeds, pickles) but we do have quite the selection of treats in the house right now (salted caramel brownies... unnnffff).

Do you guys feel like you always start the week doing super well with your eating, but everything kind of unravels by Thursday? I need to work on keeping my motivation to plan, cook, and balance good meals throughout the week.
  • rainingribbons
    rainingribbons Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Coffee with 2 tbsp creamer
    Lunch: Leftover pasta bake with 2 morningstar sausage patties (I feel like this dish is never ending!!!)
    Dinner: Leftover vegetarian "roast" with steamed broccoli and baby potatoes
    Snacks: Greek yogurt with blackberries and chia seeds, protein shake made with almond milk, and some Cadbury eggs if I have enough space left over after dinner
  • JennJ323
    JennJ323 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: homemade egg white muffins (sausage, onion, garlic & sun dried tomato)
    Lunch: sandwich (Fit & Active wheat bread, honey ham, cheddar cheese and pickles) and 2 clementines
    Afternoon snack: celery sticks and Ken's Ranch for dipping
    Dinner: homemade meatloaf and mashed potatoes with a small side salad
  • chornak05
    chornak05 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Scrambled eggs with cheese and yellow pepper, mixed berries, coffee with creamer
    Lunch: Mixed green salad with cucumbers and greek yogurt dressing, crackers and cheese and a kirkland protein bar
    Snack: apple and a greek 100 yoplait yogurt
    Dinner: Chicken noodle bake, clementine, dove chocolate
    Late Snack: Halo Top
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Pecan-sweet potato granola, cashew milk

Lunch: Tomato soup with tofu "croutons," tofu and mustard green curry, blueberry lemon protein scone

Dinner: Eggplant, lentil, and sweet potato curry, baked potato

Snack: Clif nut butter bar
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: 1/2 avocado on toast, 1 scrambled egg with salsa, coffee
    Lunch: chickpea veggie burger patty, celery sticks, sweet potato fries (oven baked with cinnamon & vanilla), mayo-ketchup mixture for dipping
    Dinner: stir fry with veggies, mukimame, water chestnuts & brown rice. Snickers ice cream bar.
  • tzbmidland
    tzbmidland Posts: 17 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Today:

Breakfast: coffee banana cereal with bit of milk

Lunch: Spinach Salad with cucumbers, onion and a bit of feta.

Dinner: Fish with asparagus
  • Birder165
    Birder165 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    B - cottage cheese & 1/2 banana
    L - 2 soft boiled eggs + 2 Ryvita crispbreads with 2 Laughing Cow smoked cheese wedges + spinach (sauteed) + raspberries
    D - chicken + spaghetti squash with tomato & basil sauce + cauliflower & broccoli & cheese veggie tots
    Snacks - apple + Greek yogurt with sliced peaches + 20 almonds + 2 pieces dark chocolate
    Bevs - teas with 5% cream & sweetener + Fresca
  • shannonreidwiltshire
    shannonreidwiltshire Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    B- Cottage cheese & a halo
    L - A salad with leftover skinnytaste lemon feta chicken legs on top and half of a sweet potato
    D - not sure yet. Probably some leftover spiral ham from yesterday, the other half of my sweet potato and maybe a salad
    S - almonds, Special K crisps, caramel rice cake

I'm worried about eating the ham. My scale was not happy this morning but I assume it's from all of the sodium in the ham??
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    @shannonreidwiltshire Oh, for sure! High-sodium meals (especially dinner, I've noticed) will cause a little spike on the scale, but it's just water weight. Don't even sweat it. :smile:

Breakfast: Triscuits and Boursin, some of the gorgeous first spring strawberries, iced coffee.

Lunch: will be a tuna sandwich with raw baby carrots, cherry tomatoes, and cucumber slices.

Dinner: will be tater tot waffles, bacon, and fruit salad -- comfort food for a sick kiddo.

Snacks: maybe an ice cream sandwich after dinner, and I have the usual sunflower seeds, popcorn, fruit, and pickles on hand.
  • shannonreidwiltshire
    shannonreidwiltshire Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Thanks @avskk :smiley: I bypassed the ham and ended up having a french bread pizza and a salad. Having the ham today for lunch.

B - Quick cook oats with some cinnamon and a drizzle of honey
    L - Toasted multigrain english muffin with thin sliced spiral ham, swiss cheese, mustard and mixed greens; blue diamond nut thins
    D - probably some leftover crockpot salsa chicken over mixed greens w/ cheese and greek yogurt
    S - greek yogurt w/ PB2 mixed in, halo, rice cake
  • chornak05
    chornak05 Posts: 135 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Breakfast: Scrambled eggs with cheese and yellow pepper, mixed berries, coffee with creamer
    Lunch: Mixed green salad with cucumbers and greek yogurt dressing, crackers and cheese and a kirkland protein bar
    Snack: apple, greek 100 yoplait yogurt, cocoa roasted almonds
    Dinner: bbq pulled pork sandwich and baby carrots. Maybe some popcorn.
    Late Snack: Oberweiss peanut butter cookie dough ice cream
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Pecan-sweet potato granola with cashew milk

Lunch:
    Tomato soup with tofu "croutons," curry with eggplant, spinach, lentils, tomatoes, and sweet potato, Clif nut butter bar

Dinner: Baked potato, salad with avocado, onion, tomato, spinach, and creamy ancho chile dressing
  • ElizIvory
    ElizIvory Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Café Bustello with Soy Creamer, two turkey sausages in an Ole' Extreme Wellness wrap, one slice American cheese.

Lunch: Leftover weird veggie/almost vegan pasta. Has loads of veggies, fake meat crumbles, soy cream, and parmesan.

Dinner: I have no idea

Snacks: Apple.
  • JennJ323
    JennJ323 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: homemade egg white muffins (sausage, onion, garlic & sun dried tomato)
    Lunch: sandwich (Fit & Active wheat bread, honey ham, cheddar cheese and pickles) and 2 clementines
    Afternoon snack: celery sticks and Ken's Ranch for dipping
    Dinner: baked potato with a little sour cream and a Green Giant broccoli and cheese steamer on top and probably a small side salad
  • tzbmidland
    tzbmidland Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    B- Oatmeal with Almond milk
    L-Homemade chili
    D-chicken breast, asparagus, rice
    S-cut up apple with AB
  • laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    1. Turkey & brick cheese on 15 grain bread with spinach and spicy mustard, carrots, Cheez-its
    2. Sirloin steak, mushroom rice pilaf, roasted asparagus and mushrooms

Others - skim flat white
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    B: Black coffee and a slice of gluten free zucchini bread

L: Leftovers- Lemon chicken and olives, quinoa, roasted asparagus, cottage cheese with blackberries

D:Grilled BBQ shrimp, cheesy grits, sauteed greens

S:Think Thin Cookies and Cream bar, 2 Hershey's Miniatures
  • Chunkahlunkah
    Chunkahlunkah Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Homemade cheeseburger. (French press coffee with milk while preparing burger.)

Lunch: Fage cherry yogurt with sliced almonds.

Dinner: Pasta with kale, chard, and white beans with EVOO and parmesan cheese. I might add a fried egg on top.
  • Chunkahlunkah
    Chunkahlunkah Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    lporter229 wrote: »

L: Leftovers- Lemon chicken and olives

Mmm, that sounds good. How do you make that?