What We're Eating Weekly

Options

Replies

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Steel-cut oats with cashew milk, dried apricots, and cardamom

Lunch: Teff and kidney beans with vegetables and hot sauce, Strawberry Chocolate Chip Larabar (they're not that good, but I bought the whole box so whatever)

Dinner: 5-Bean Chili, probably a beer

I feel that way about all Larabars...and usually, it's a box of one flavor I am stuck with! hehe
  • GirlWithCookies
    GirlWithCookies Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: two-egg omelette with salsa, Daiya mozzarella shreds, avocado and hot sauce

No lunch today

Dinner: Dr. Praeger's All American veggie burger on a small hamburger roll with yellow mustard, riced cauliflower and sweet potato

Snack: had a correct serving of brownies that my boss brought in (delicious! I wish a serving wasn't such a sliver); brought a banana and peanut butter for later; probably something else after work
  • chornak05
    chornak05 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Scrambled eggs with diced peppers and onions, mixed berries, coffee with peppermint mocha creamer
    Lunch: Mixed green salad with cucumbers and snap peas, crackers and cheese, Yoplait Greek Yogurt
    Snack: Kirkland Protein Bar
    Dinner: Mcdonalds Artisan chicken sandwich, carrots
    Late Snack: 1/3 pint Enlightened ice cream
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Steel-cut oats with cashew milk, dried apricots, and cardamom

Lunch: Teff and kidney beans with vegetables and hot sauce, Strawberry Chocolate Chip Larabar (they're not that good, but I bought the whole box so whatever)

Dinner: 5-Bean Chili, probably a beer

I feel that way about all Larabars...and usually, it's a box of one flavor I am stuck with! hehe

Yeah, the description is somehow always better than the reality and but I always forget that and buy them again!
  • minimelyn
    minimelyn Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Large coffee (2 cream, 1 splenda). Pepperoni pizza pop.

Lunch: Healthy Choice Adobo Chicken Power Bowl with Dijon mustard and grape tomatoes. Strawberries.

Dinner: Fried fish patties and cucumbers. Diet coke to drink... and a slice of cake :)
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: oatmeal with cinnamon and soy milk

Lunch: potato lentil salad with lemon caper dressing (third time I've planned to eat this, let's see if I actually fix it this time) over romaine lettuce

Snack: carrot sticks dipped in ff refried beans, an orange

Dinner: marinara sauce over angel hair pasta and spinach with tofurky sausage
  • rainingribbons
    rainingribbons Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options

Dinner: sharing a huge pan of crab nachos with my husband. We spread a single layer of tortilla chips on a baking pan and top with crabmeat, sautéed veggies, jalapenos, salsa, and a little shredded cheddar...bake for a few minutes, then add dollops of sour cream & broil. Super good!

Those nachos sound amazing!!!
  • rainingribbons
    rainingribbons Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Coffee with creamer
    Lunch: Salad consisting of cherry tomatos, tuna, cottage cheese, red onion, and cucumber over spring mix
    Snacks: Lite and fit Strawberry cheesecake yogurt, 2 medium slices of leftover bbq veggie pizza
    Dinner: Leftover greek "chicken" with chickpea and spinach rice pilaf
  • seltzermint555
    Options
    Breakfast: bean sprout omelet with Sriracha mixed in & 1/2 avocado, coffee
    Lunch: homemade tuna & cheddar panini (made with Worcestershire, celery & onion), side salad w/ just mandarin oranges, no dressing
    Dinner: chocolate vegan pancakes & 2 Morningstar veggie sausage links, iced coffee
  • GirlWithCookies
    GirlWithCookies Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: smoothie made with plain nonfat Greek yogurt, almond milk, vanilla protein powder and frozen mixed berries

Lunch: Gala apple with roasted red pepper hummus

Dinner: there's going to be pizza at work tonight, but I brought the same thing as last night; Dr. Praeger's All American veggie burger on a small hamburger roll with yellow mustard, riced cauliflower and sweet potato

Snacks: dried figs and roasted salted cashews, probably something else after work, maybe a tiny sliver of the brownies my boss brought in...
  • lalee115
    lalee115 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Tasty day today!

Breakfast: egg white omelet with spinach and cheese

Snack 1: special K pastry crisps

Lunch: open faced ham sandwich on health nut bread with a laughing cow wedge and tomato slices. Canteloupe.

Snack 2: chocolate cherry smoothie

Dinner: bunless beef and mushroom burger on a bed of spinach and tomatoes with sweet relish, ketchup and mustard. Half a baked potato with butter, salt and pepper

Dessert: 2 cinnamon graham crackers
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    I made the potato lentil salad and WOW it was delicious and very substantial. It's here if anyone would like to try it. I cut the oil to a quarter cup, roasted the potatoes without the oil, and used extra lentils and went a bit lighter on the potato so I could fit it into my goals. I also used romaine instead of kale as I don't like kale as a salad green.

Today's meals:

Breakfast: fried potatoes and onions with ketchup
    Lunch: angel hair pasta with spinach and marinara sauce, tofurky sausage
    Snack: orange, soy milk
    Dinner: taco salad

Not very inspiring to read, but delicious to eat!
  • seltzermint555
    Options
    Breakfast: 1/2 avocado on toast & 1 scrambled egg, coffee
    Lunch: small spinach & cheddar quesadilla with peppers & onions, shredded lettuce & sour cream
    Dinner: homemade black bean burger (open faced), oven fries
    Later: birthday cake slice and maybe 1-2 beers
  • minimelyn
    Options
    Breakfast: Pizza pop and a McDonald's medium iced coffee

Lunch: Lean Cuisine's meat lasagna with avocado on the side. Kind Bar in caramel almond & sea salt as a snack.

Dinner: Pork and cabbage soup. Cucumbers and tomatoes on the side (I didn't finish these at lunch). I've been really snacky... so I also ate a Ferrero Rondnoir hoping that it'll ease me :(. Ended up eating another pizza pop around ~10pm while watching my show LOL
  • chornak05
    chornak05 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Scrambled eggs with diced peppers and onions, mixed berries, coffee with peppermint mocha creamer
    Lunch: Mixed green salad with cucumbers and snap peas, crackers and cheese, One Birthday Cake protein bar
    Snack: Yoplait Greek Yogurt, Apple
    Dinner: Taco bowl with rice, shredded chicken, tomato, lettuce, cheese and sour cream
    Late Snack: S'mores cookie (or 5) :smile:
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: strawberry Greek yogurt, sliced peach and cantaloupe, iced moka espresso.

Lunch: will be a small turkey quesadilla between corn tortillas, cherries, and sliced cucumber and tomato.

Dinner: nothing planned, aside from steaming some artichokes; I'll probably just graze.

Snacks: beef jerky.
  • seltzermint555
    Options
    minimelyn wrote: »
    Breakfast: Pizza pop and a McDonald's medium iced coffee

Lunch: Lean Cuisine's meat lasagna with avocado on the side. Kind Bar in caramel almond & sea salt as a snack.

Dinner: Pork and cabbage soup. Cucumbers and tomatoes on the side (I didn't finish these at lunch). I've been really snacky... so I also ate a Ferrero Rondnoir hoping that it'll ease me :(. Ended up eating another pizza pop around ~10pm while watching my show LOL

What is a pizza pop?
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Steelcut oats with dried apricots, cashew milk, and cardamom, apple

Lunch:
    5-bean chili, mini peppers with a LOT of hummus

Dinner:
    Salad -- romaine, chopped tomatoes, tortilla chips, and creamy chipotle dressing
  • minimelyn
    Options
    What is a pizza pop?

They're these:
    pizzapopspepperoni_4pack_600x420.png?W=500

I just googled it and didn't realize they're only available in Canada. Well, the more I know :D
  • seltzermint555
    Options
    minimelyn wrote: »
    What is a pizza pop?

They're these:
    pizzapopspepperoni_4pack_600x420.png?W=500

I just googled it and didn't realize they're only available in Canada. Well, the more I know :D

Thanks! I was just curious since I hadn't heard of them (I'm in US).