Replies

• Sparx_81
    Sparx_81 Posts: 406 Member
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    lporter229 wrote: »
    sarahthes wrote: »
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    sarahthes wrote: »
    I am working on a thing for work that I need to circulate by the end of the day and it's driving me bonkers and I feel like I need to either raid the candy dish or go out and run and chase the honking demons outside my office window. But instead I'm just sucking back coffee and glaring at my phone haha. And ignoring the report. I'm more stressed about the report (because it goes to a fairly broad list of people including my boss and our new regional director) than I am about my upcoming performance evaluation this afternoon.

Planning on 5km tonight after work and after taking care of errands. I hope it's still above freezing. Ice this morning after yesterday's melt was wicked. Also hoping not to run into any geese.

I have nothing to do at the moment... You want, I could knock that report out. :wink: then you could run for me. :lol:

Are you familiar with laboratory quality management systems? If so we may have a deal... hahaha...

Seriously? What do you do? I am an analytical chemist and also our laboratory's quality manager. Would this have anything to do with ISO 17025?

Whaaa? There 3 of us? I'm just a lowly refinery chemist with QC duties, no fancy title.

Oh how I wish I worked in quality in a lab.... Finishing my thesis in medicinal chemistry but got stuck for years in food production... Hard to get decent roles here! :s
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    edited April 2018

exercise.png

I really got behind on this thread, yikes! So yesterday I did a little over 8k as a "recovery/warm-weather acclimation" run with no distance in mind, just told myself I could turn around whenever I felt like it. Sometimes I do that to trick myself into going further, but this time, I actually did feel like it, and actually did turn around. It's been sunny and warm and I LOVE IT!

Today and yesterday work has interfered with my long run plans, but fortunately it's a cut-back week. Today I worked it out by squeezing in one run after work, and another during my son's swimming lessons, coming just short of an even 17k total, but I didn't keep going to get the extra. We did end up hiking through the woods to get from one bus stop to the other on the way home though. (It's a weird bus connection between our house and the pool, 10 minutes by car but you have to be creative to get there by bus). Got home with my little buddy just in time to not get stuck in a thunderstorm... hmm, that reminds me, I should go to bed. The rain on the roof will be perfect for sleeping. And I seriously need to work on my sleep quality and quantity.

Next race: Lublin Marathon, May 13

Crazy question: I am feeling ready to back off on the mileage after the marathon, and want to maintain for a while around half-marathon fitness. SO there's this half marathon 3 weeks after the marathon... Could I just do a regular post-marathon recovery (one week of zero running, then basically a reverse taper) and run the half by feel? I wouldn't be aiming for a PR, mainly just a finish in a fun race, and the cool shirt they designed for it. Is this a bad idea???
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Date Miles today - Miles for April

4/1 10 miles - 10
    4/2 REST DAY
    4/3 6.2 miles - 16.2
    4/4 REST DAY
    4/5 4.5 miles - 20.7
    4/6 REST DAY
    4/7 13.1 miles - 33.8
    4/8 REST DAY
    4/9 REST DAY
    4/10 7 miles - 40.8

Races this year
    Oak Barrel Half Marathon - 4/7/18 -- 1:47:24

Upcoming races:
    None at the moment

• girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    @kdbulger I like that body scan you do so much I’m going to nick it for my next bleurgh run.

@fitoverfortymom for some reason I too am averse to the marathon and would rather skip the distance. So, although I AM signed up for a marathon, it’s very much listed as 26.2 ‘ish’ miles, and the company that runs it is RENOWNED for giving out bonus miles.....what they refer to as ‘the best value race fee’

• fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    @girlinahat "Best value." That's funny. Pay for 26.2, get 2 additional free.
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member

They’ve just had these car stickers made:

i7nxdetrtc2w.jpeg

• fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    girlinahat wrote: »

They’ve just had these car stickers made:

i7nxdetrtc2w.jpeg

Those are really glorious.
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    @eponine1984 So sorry. Thoughts and prayers out to you.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Crazy question: I am feeling ready to back off on the mileage after the marathon, and want to maintain for a while around half-marathon fitness. SO there's this half marathon 3 weeks after the marathon... Could I just do a regular post-marathon recovery (one week of zero running, then basically a reverse taper) and run the half by feel? I wouldn't be aiming for a PR, mainly just a finish in a fun race, and the cool shirt they designed for it. Is this a bad idea???

3 Weeks is plenty of time, IMO. Go for it and have fun. I mean I am far from an expert, and I am planning a 50k for 6 DAYS after my marathon, so maybe my advice is not great, but heck I would do it in a heart beat. :)

• greyparks206
    greyparks206 Posts: 165 Member
    I wasn’t sure how today’s run was going to go. As I’ve said before, I always struggle on Tuesdays for some reason. Yesterday morning, I did 10 minutes of “leg day” strength training (body weight only), and I am SORE. I figured I’d just try to run slow and work out some of the stiffness. I did a 36 minute easy run, and I almost hit the 3 mile mark! Definitely surprised myself, and I do feel much better now.

April goal: 40 miles
    Today: 2.9 miles
    Total: 12.0 miles
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    04/01/18 - 8 Miles - 9:59 Pace
    04/02/18 - Rest
    04/03/18 - 10 miles - 9:27 Pace
    04/04/18 - 10 miles @ 4% grade and 7:43 pace
    04/05/18 - 0
    04/06/18 - 0
    04/07/18 - 11.7 miles - 2 races and a bit more
    04/08/18 - 0
    04/09/18 - 0
    04/10/18 - 12.1 miles @ 9:27 pace

Big Hairy Audacious Goal: Sub 4 hours in Pittsburgh 2018!

Official Marathon PR: 4:11:28

Next Races (more as I find them):

05/06/18 - Pittsburgh Marathon - aiming for sub four hours.
    05/12/18 - Glacier Ridge 50k Trail Ultra (I must hate myself)

2020 - Disney World Dopey! (if can raise funds)