April 2018 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    @eponine1984

I believe I used up the entire Anglo-Saxon and Shakespearean dictionary of swear-words reading your post silently in my head.

If MFP would allow me, I'd send all the words to you so you could spit feathers too about this horrible situation you find yourself in. On the bright side (if that is at all possible) your medical team seem on the ball and getting your treated straight away.

• Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    @eponine1984 - Sending gentle hugs your way. It still amazes me how life can take such turns on us so quickly.
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    4/1 - Start month on rest day, plus it's Easter = no burn + a lot of calories / hot cross buns.
    4/2 - 4 treadmill miles + upper body weights/abs.
    4/3 - Unplanned rest day.
    4/4 - 4 treadmill miles, then weights and abs.
    4/5 - 4.25 treadmill miles. Trek Class.
    4/6 - Unplanned rest day (Grrr!)
    4/7 - 11 miles. Flat, windy, fun.
    4/8 - 3.5 mile treadmill recovery, then weights and abs.
    4/9 - Planned rest / life day.
    4/10 - 4 treadmill miles. Trek Class, included 20 straight minutes of alternating moderate/tempo incline. Ouch.

30.75/110
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    That's the main thing that I got out of this. You sucked it up and ran the rest of the way homw. So what if you didn't get the distance you were aiming for? You got in time on feet and found out that you can keep going after a setback. That's what really matters. Oh, and don't listen to astorVincent he doesn't know what he's talking about when talking about me..... I'm not in the same league as JessicaMcB or MobyCarp

All the trees look equal to the blades of grass below.

Hahahahahahahahaha.... right.... I'm just a special needs teacher who runs to stay away from the bottle, nothing more than that.

Nice try Mr. I am running a 100-mile race in a few days. No one here is going to believe you :tongue:

There's a lot of emerging science supporting running as a means of recovery. I think there's a program in Canada that specifically uses running for addiction recovery.

It was interesting information. RW had some featured stories if anyone is interested.

Well... I believe me.......

I believe it, too

See @PastorVincent ? someone else who knows that there's nothing special about me.

Yes, there is. Stop selling yourself short. You faced an extremely tough problem and beat it, and now are running in the big leagues. Back when you passed the Marathon distance you were already in the upper echelon, and now you are hitting 100 miles. Dude. Seriously, a lot of people in this thread look to you for inspiration. Why do you think people keep reposting links to:

http://teachertrailrunner.blogspot.com.au/2018/04/race-week-final-gear-prepcheck.html

:smiley:

Not to mention you are a flippen SPECIAL NEEDS TEACHER. That alone makes you a hero.

self-pessimism is one of my keys to sustaining..... If I go in cocky and with high expectations, it's easy to get disappointed and dispirited... go in with none, other than pushing until finish or getting pulled because of time, and things turn out better..... and I didn't know people were re-posting links....LOL
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    HonuNui wrote: »
    @eponine1984 I'm so sorry.....my expressions of sympathy and support feel like an inappropriate and meager response....but I offer them....

My thoughts exactly. Wishing you all of the strength and encouragement you need to make this nothing but a distant memory. *Hugs*
  • lporter229
    Options
    alc649 wrote: »
    Got my first running battle wound this morning. It wasnt a good run. I had to go to the bathroom twice..and i had to walk some because i had to go to the bathroom so bad..decided to cut it short but run the rest of the way home...then i fell. It was rough..i was almost in tears, thought about calling hubby to come get me but then he woldve had to wake the kids up and bring them. So i sucked it up..and just started running home. Ya know this run really sucked but it was kind of awesome too..because after this one i know without a doubt i am a runner. Because i kept going. I mightve cut the run short because i was out of time (hubby has to leave to go to work at 6) but i ran the rest of the way home. Ill never forget this one. Didnt get my distance..was supposed to get 3 miles only got 1.78. So ill be back out on the pavement tonight.

That's the main thing that I got out of this. You sucked it up and ran the rest of the way homw. So what if you didn't get the distance you were aiming for? You got in time on feet and found out that you can keep going after a setback. That's what really matters. Oh, and don't listen to @PastorVincent he doesn't know what he's talking about when talking about me..... I'm not in the same league as @JessicaMcB or @MobyCarp

@eponine1984 Really sorry to hear that! prayers said for you!

Um, aren't you running 100 miles this weekend? I think your days of being the "newbie' runner are in the past my friend... ;)
  • lporter229
    Options
    alc649 wrote: »
    Got my first running battle wound this morning. It wasnt a good run. I had to go to the bathroom twice..and i had to walk some because i had to go to the bathroom so bad..decided to cut it short but run the rest of the way home...then i fell. It was rough..i was almost in tears, thought about calling hubby to come get me but then he woldve had to wake the kids up and bring them. So i sucked it up..and just started running home. Ya know this run really sucked but it was kind of awesome too..because after this one i know without a doubt i am a runner. Because i kept going. I mightve cut the run short because i was out of time (hubby has to leave to go to work at 6) but i ran the rest of the way home. Ill never forget this one. Didnt get my distance..was supposed to get 3 miles only got 1.78. So ill be back out on the pavement tonight.

Way to tough it out! Those are definitely the runs that we remember the most!
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    That's the main thing that I got out of this. You sucked it up and ran the rest of the way homw. So what if you didn't get the distance you were aiming for? You got in time on feet and found out that you can keep going after a setback. That's what really matters. Oh, and don't listen to astorVincent he doesn't know what he's talking about when talking about me..... I'm not in the same league as JessicaMcB or MobyCarp

Hahahahahahahahaha.... right.... I'm just a special needs teacher who runs to stay away from the bottle, nothing more than that.

Nice try Mr. I am running a 100-mile race in a few days. No one here is going to believe you :tongue:

There's a lot of emerging science supporting running as a means of recovery. I think there's a program in Canada that specifically uses running for addiction recovery.

It was interesting information. RW had some featured stories if anyone is interested.

I believe it, too

See @PastorVincent ? someone else who knows that there's nothing special about me.

Nothing special at all... You need a run, don't you buddy?
  • MNLittleFinn
    Options

I believe it, too

Nothing special at all... You need a run, don't you buddy?

I had one this morning.... I really need more caffeine, but I'm limiting myself to just my morning cup of coffee, so I can get more out of my caffeine on Friday and Saturday.
  • abutcher2122
    abutcher2122 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    exercise.png
  • MNLittleFinn
    Options
    exercise.png

Nice running. Keep it up.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    @eponine1984 That sucks at the epic proportions level, but don't think for a second that you can't just crush the C-word like the beast we all know you are.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    I am getting punchy over here. I just forwarded to my boss (at the job where I just gave notice) some spam I got on how to hire new people. :lol:

I think I really need to get out of these meetings and run!
  • MNLittleFinn
    Options
    I am getting punchy over here. I just forwarded to my boss (at the job where I just gave notice) some spam I got on how to hire new people. :lol:

I think I really need to get out of these meetings and run!

That is just epic.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    sarahthes wrote: »
    I am working on a thing for work that I need to circulate by the end of the day and it's driving me bonkers and I feel like I need to either raid the candy dish or go out and run and chase the honking demons outside my office window. But instead I'm just sucking back coffee and glaring at my phone haha. And ignoring the report. I'm more stressed about the report (because it goes to a fairly broad list of people including my boss and our new regional director) than I am about my upcoming performance evaluation this afternoon.

Planning on 5km tonight after work and after taking care of errands. I hope it's still above freezing. Ice this morning after yesterday's melt was wicked. Also hoping not to run into any geese.

I have nothing to do at the moment... You want, I could knock that report out. :wink: then you could run for me. :lol:
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    sarahthes wrote: »
    I am working on a thing for work that I need to circulate by the end of the day and it's driving me bonkers and I feel like I need to either raid the candy dish or go out and run and chase the honking demons outside my office window. But instead I'm just sucking back coffee and glaring at my phone haha. And ignoring the report. I'm more stressed about the report (because it goes to a fairly broad list of people including my boss and our new regional director) than I am about my upcoming performance evaluation this afternoon.

Planning on 5km tonight after work and after taking care of errands. I hope it's still above freezing. Ice this morning after yesterday's melt was wicked. Also hoping not to run into any geese.

I have nothing to do at the moment... You want, I could knock that report out. :wink: then you could run for me. :lol:

Are you familiar with laboratory quality management systems? If so we may have a deal... hahaha...