Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Why do people deny CICO ?

Options

Replies

• RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    kuftae wrote: »
    RivenV wrote: »
    CSARdiver wrote: »
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    erickirb wrote: »
    TicoCortez wrote: »
    giphy.gif

Dom is funny and obviously satirical but most of the guys and gals I know that are in fantastic shape follow strict "bro diets" (chicken breast and broccoli) and "bro splits" (low frequency/ high volume training).

correlation =/= casuation

I agree that a lot of it is correlation. Still, me thinks that healthy food (high fiber, high protein, low sugar) = more energy = harder training and better recovery.

And for people who have no interest in "harder training" and following bro diets and bro splits to achieve "fantastic shape"? What do you recommend for them? Still need to avoid eating whatever your definition of processed food/junk food is?

I recommend trying eating a diet full of whole foods for a month and pay attention to how it affects your cognition and energy levels. If you think eating pasta if worth it still then go for it.

Have any objective evidence supporting superiority of this practice?
    CSARdiver wrote: »
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    erickirb wrote: »
    TicoCortez wrote: »
    giphy.gif

Dom is funny and obviously satirical but most of the guys and gals I know that are in fantastic shape follow strict "bro diets" (chicken breast and broccoli) and "bro splits" (low frequency/ high volume training).

correlation =/= casuation

I agree that a lot of it is correlation. Still, me thinks that healthy food (high fiber, high protein, low sugar) = more energy = harder training and better recovery.

And for people who have no interest in "harder training" and following bro diets and bro splits to achieve "fantastic shape"? What do you recommend for them? Still need to avoid eating whatever your definition of processed food/junk food is?

I recommend trying eating a diet full of whole foods for a month and pay attention to how it affects your cognition and energy levels. If you think eating pasta if worth it still then go for it.

Have any objective evidence supporting superiority of this practice?

Try google. Keywords: inflammation, gut micro-biome, cognition, sugar/ glucose.

Surprise, surprise. Guy won't even cite his sources.

"What, you don't believe me? To the google machine with you!"

The fact that I agree 95% with CICO and am getting attacked for the 5% shows that this forum is more dogmatic than flat-earthers.

Just cite your sources, bro. ... Should be easy... unless it's all anecdotal experience...