Today I Learned...

Options

Replies

• cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    TIL that Steven Spielberg wanted to direct a James Bond film but was turned down by Eon Productions. When he told this to George Lucas, Lucas said he had a film that was just like it but even better. The story was about an archaeologist named Indiana.
  • notthistime_
    notthistime_ Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    TIL Will Smith passed up the part of Neo in "The Matrix."
  • SouthernCurves18
    SouthernCurves18 Posts: 621 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    That there are some vile, nasty, and thoughtless people here. Woo this.

I found that out quite a while ago, unfortunately.
    But I’ve also found out there are some really amazing people here, and they outweigh the rest. :smile:
  • azironasun
    azironasun Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    The founder of Alcoholics Anonymous, Bill Wilson, asked for whiskey on his death bed, but it was never given to him.
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    Options
    TIL I’m going to have to rewatch the entire first season of Westworld now. Struggle: real.
  • orangegato
    orangegato Posts: 6,570 Member
    Options
    TIL I’m going to have to rewatch the entire first season of Westworld now. Struggle: real.

Is it a really good show or you committed to watching it and got so sucked in that there’s no turning back (like Lost)?
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    Options
    orangegato wrote: »

Is it a really good show or you committed to watching it and got so sucked in that there’s no turning back (like Lost)?

I love the show, but it’s so dark that it’s kind of hard to watch at times, especially in long stretches. They’re building on clues dropped the first season, so I feel the need to study!

Confession: I’ve never seen Lost!
  • orangegato
    orangegato Posts: 6,570 Member
    Options
    orangegato wrote: »

I love the show, but it’s so dark that it’s kind of hard to watch at times, especially in long stretches. They’re building on clues dropped the first season, so I feel the need to study!

Confession: I’ve never seen Lost!

Lost was a huge let down at the end. But I was committed and at the end felt like I got robbed. I’m gonna check out Westworld when I have some time. Thanks
  • RomaineCalm
    RomaineCalm Posts: 3,972 Member
    Options
    TIL: You can't post your butt transformation in the selfie thread.
  • ChaelAZ
    ChaelAZ Posts: 2,240 Member
    Options

Ironically, a lot more revealing can get posted in *ahem* "Success".
  • cee134
    Options
    TIL-There is cell phone service on mount Everest, with 4G being available at that height.
  • RomaineCalm
    RomaineCalm Posts: 3,972 Member
    Options
    ChaelAZ wrote: »

Ironically, a lot more revealing can get posted in *ahem* "Success".

Noted. Saving my beautiful peach pics for that thread then.
  • SabAteNine
    SabAteNine Posts: 1,866 Member
    Options

Right there with you. Ain't nobody got time for that :disappointed:

TIL that the odds of someone getting bitten by a shark AND a bear AND a snake are 893 quadrillion : 1. The fact that it happened to a 20-year-old blows my mind.
  • cee134
    Options
    SabAteNine wrote: »

Right there with you. Ain't nobody got time for that :disappointed:

TIL that the odds of someone getting bitten by a shark AND a bear AND a snake are 893 quadrillion : 1. The fact that it happened to a 20-year-old blows my mind.

At the same time or just in general?
  • cee134
    Options
    bqqx6flvhsow.png
  • cee134
    Options
    TIL:
    In 1994, the Codex was purchased by Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates for US$30,802,500 — the highest sum every paid for any book in any format

Which Codex?
  • cee134
    Options
    TIL George Lucas tried to be an officer in the US Airforce but was rejected because he had too many speeding tickets.