JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,217 Member
    Options
    pizzafruit wrote: »
    I battle depression and it is true, the more you sit the more depression takes over. I see my doctor tomorrow and we'll talk. There is no down side to exercise. For me it's a matter of getting off my cushion and just doing it.

So JFT/Monday
    1. Get up and move every time my alarm reminds me.
    2. NO "I'll have just one treat" between meals.
    3. Practice what I preach.

Welcome! I love your 3 goal - practice what we preach :)
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    Holy Crow! I'm 5 pages back since Friday! I had a great...but horrendous weekend. It was really nice out weather wise and the DH and I had a wonderful day off on Saturday. Matt(the DH) got a new(er) car! It's a 2014 Subaru Legacy. It's the car he wanted when we were looking at them online. It was a bit more expensive then I had planned but neither of us got any red flags or bad feelings about the transaction so I think we will be okay. We will have to tweak our budget a bit but it should be fine. It was horrendous because I ate nothing good all weekend. We went to our favorite restaurant after car shopping on Saturday. We had an AMAZING waitress and a really good time...but it's a little Italian place so nothing there is really healthy. I filled up on bread and calamari before the main course even arrived. I think I ate 3 bites and was stuffed. I brought it home and ate it late Saturday night/Sunday for lunch. I then proceeded to graze all night Sunday night. I did, however, take a wonderful walk with my dog on Sunday. It was absolutely GORGEOUS out and I wanted to spend some time outside. Since Matt finally had a car I was able to drive the mile up the road to the park(it's on a major road so I dont walk the dog there). We did 2 miles in 54 minutes. Not a great pace but it was with a dog who loves to sniff! Lol. So I call it a win.

Today was a good day though!

I got to work and found out that I had screwed up 2 transactions Friday night. The two customers didnt have the money they had deposited for the weekend because I didnt understand the correct process. I'm pretty sure I have it down now though. And I will continue to ask questions as long as I need to. There is a small problem with that though. My head teller trains people a totally different way than the way I need to be taught. I think she is starting to understand that I dont really get the way that she is trying to teach me and is adjusting accordingly. So today ended on a good note. Now we are home and enjoying the evening. We took a short evening walk and that was nice.

So onto my JFT, 4/24/18

1. Log all food
    2. Make wise food choices
    3. Get up with DH @ 5
    4. Gym @ 6
    5. Work 815-515
    6. Mail letter on break
    7. Preliminary budget work
    8. Dinner(Balsamic Chicken/Pot/Veggie)/Dishes
    9. DH time
    10. Power off by 10
    11. Bed by 11

I hope everyone has a great night!
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    @toaljasa Welcome back!!! I'm so glad you had a great time visiting and that you managed to maintain your weight! That's awesome! I can't wait to see more of your encouragement around here again!

@princessaly23 Also, Welcome back!!! I know what it's like to step away because of personal issues. I took about 4 months off over the winter. I'm so sorry that you have had to deal with mental illness issues. As a sufferer of chronic mental illness, I know how hard it can be. I wouldn't wish it on anyone. But it seems like you are starting to get a handle on things. If not, I hope that you do soon. I know that the sense of community that I get from this board goes such a long way to help keep me stable.

@MLHC1 YAY!!!! I saw Baby Noah's picture on your feed! He is totally precious! I want to wrap the both of you in a huge hug! I'm so sorry that it's been a rough go but I'm so glad that the both of you are okay. I know that Noah will pull through like a champ! He's got one tough mama to hold on to! And a great big God that's got his back as well! I'm so happy to see you back as well. I have missed you.

@Snowflake1968 Congrats on a successful swimming lesson. The DH and I are still in the honeymoon phase(kind of). But I can kind of sympathize. He has a temper caused by repeated severe head trauma. I decided last year that I wouldn't get into a shouting match with him anymore. He can get frustrated and irrational. I either leave the room or just let him cool off for a while. I try really really hard not to hit back at him because it only makes it worse. I know that after 31 years we will probably be very different then we are now but know that everyone here is pulling for you! And for your marriage! Also, I vent here all the time. Dont think that you cant or that no one will care because I for one care!

@OConnell5483 I hope that your hip stopped hurting! I love your new tiny habits! I think I need to start doing them again and really hold myself accountable to do them.

@Faebert It sucks that you are going through some personal turmoil right now. I'm sure the gloomy and cold days aren't making your mood any better. I'm glad that your hip is feeling better and that you are able to work out again. How is our little Monty doing? Is he still as adorable as he was last week? Lol

@Bex953172 I hope that you are feeling better! I started a new gym last week as well. I was hurting for like 3 days and I'm going back in the morning. Everyone says that after about 2 weeks of consistent exercise it won't be so bad...so here's to the both of us and the next two weeks! Lol

@mytime6630 I know that it's hard to stay positive when things keep going wrong. I hope that now that the warmer weather is starting that you can get out there and soak up some sun and vitamin D. Know that we all love you and are here for you every day!
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    @cschmitz110515 How is your footsie doing today? I walked my dog over the weekend and can see why you like to do it. But rest that foot while you can!
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Monday
    1. Log accurately. Dinner - Plated 1? Prelog lunch. Meds, teeth, tea. AM run.
    2. Grade & input reflections 27 & 28!! UPDATE CLASS WEBSITES. Print grammar, practice & upload. Print diagnostics. Daily Duolingo. Meditation. Read Akata Warrior.
    3. 1 set body exercises (10 lifted push-ups ALL THE WAY DOWN, 10 lunges each leg, 70 sec plank, 40 sec forward fold, 20 sec triangle each side, 40 sec down dog, 30 sec crane/tree/warrior 3 each leg, 15 side leg lifts) aim for 2. Steps at school to 5k; aim for *7*.
    4. Sophomores work on reading. Update WM project; check notes. Freshmen elements of literature / review for exams. Talk to students about music during work time. Write postcards. Send costume pics & prom pics to be printed. Email principal about conference.
    5. Download DMB "Space Between" karaoke. Download Garrix "Animals." Grocery shopping immediately after school. Kickboxing 6:00.
    6. Update JFT by 8:30. Teeth flossed, rinsed, brushed; in bed by 9:30; set alarm for 6:00. TAKE EXTRA MED. NO FOOD OR DRINK AFTER MIDNIGHT.

Because I'm a fool and forgot things:

SUB PLANS FOR TOMORROW! SUPER IMPORTANT!
    Send grocery list to DH so he can go while I have the meeting.
    Write post for Masters class.

Well, it's a little after 8:30. Tomorrow's going to be interesting.

JFT Tuesday
    1. AM run. Email school to remind about absence. UPDATE WEBSITE. Take early meds. Dentist. Library. Turn in application for summer job.
    2. Download DMB "Space Between" karaoke. Download Garrix "Animals." Gym for 12:30 strength class. Daily Duolingo. Meditation. Email principal about conference. Choose book and read.
    3. Dinner - Plated 1? Chop more celery. Walk with D? Writing group?
    4. Update JFT by 8:30. Teeth flossed, rinsed, brushed; in bed by 9:30; set alarm for 5:00.
  • bcTRAI
    bcTRAI Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    bcTRAI wrote: »
    JFT Monday
    1. Water :)
    2. Meditation :( my youngest called before I could sit
    3. Work :)
    4. Walk after work :) got in almost 5km/3m!
    5. Brush and floss :)
    6. Bed by 10:30 :)
    JFT Tuesday
    1. Water
    2. Meditation
    3. Work
    4. Laundry
    5. Brush and floss
    6. Bed by 10:30
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Five sleeps to go until holiday! :D:D:D

@OConnell5483 We're going to Vietnam - travelling from the south (Ho Chi Minh Cory) to the north (Hanoi) in two weeks! Getting quite excited now... Mainly about the food!! (Which doesn't bode well for not putting weight on, hmm...)

Yesterday's commitments:
    - Log everything I eat :smile:
    - Stick to food plan :smile: I actually changed the food plan as I decided I wanted something a bit more indulgent with the boyfriend being away. But I found something that was indulgent but the same number of calories!
    - No alcohol :smile:
    - 30+ minute lunch break :smile:
    - Listen to music to boost mood :/ Why do I always forget to do this? Mood was ok though
    - Leave work BY 5.30pm (so log off at 5.20) :smile: 5.40, but I'm going to count that as a win
    - Tick items off to-do this evening :smile:

Today's commitments:
    - Log everything I eat
    - Stick to food plan
    - No alcohol

- Do French homework at lunch
    - Exercise class after work
    - Leave work at 6.45
    - Listen to podcasts/ read paper before class
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    JFT Monday Check in
    1. Stop eating when you are full :)
    2. Log all food :)
    3. Be kind to yourself :)
    4. Meds AM and PM :)
    5. 1082 Sheet finalized :| Finished this morning
    6. Skip dessert of any kind this evening, have tea if you are struggling :# YAAASSS - Slept better too! No tea.

JFT Tuesday
    1. Stop eating when you are full - eat when you are hungry! (Figuring out whats hunger and whats boredom)
    2. Log all food
    3. Be kind to yourself
    4. Meds AM and PM
    5. Review 1081 raw material order
    6. Skip dessert - have tea
    7. Go for a walk and/or Meditate
    8. Load of Laundry
    9. Brainstorm some dinner ideas for remainder of week
  • Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I've decided to take up letter writing. I feel like there should be more permanence when it comes to communication with some friends and family. I'm going to send out my first two tomorrow. I'm going to finish one tonight too.

@HGSmith0920 I used to list this as one of my goals! I agree. I think there is too much technology and not enough personal contact in this world. I cannot believe I'm saying that since I've worked in IT for 24 years! LOL . It's been my bread and butter. But truly, I miss getting things in the mail that aren't bills. I'm going to try to make this a goal also...to send 1 random letter a week. I wonder if I can make it into a tiny habit? Hmmm....I'm going to have to think about this one.
    For me, self-confidence is also something I struggle with. When I first started working from home, I had a couple days where I didn't put make-up on, didn't really curl my hair, and I felt so unkept. I was worried someone would come to the door, and I felt I looked horrible.

Now, every day, I do curl my hair and put on make-up ( I still curl my hair the old-fashioned way, with hot rollers LOL). It truly does make a difference in how I feel all day.

But I remember also reading something like : Be the person you hope and want to be.

Tracy - with all you do, you should have so much self-confidence, and be so very proud of yourself!! I always love reading your posts, and while I don't personally know you, you inspire me everyday!

@joan6630 Thank you so much for your kind words. You are so sweet, and I feel so grateful to have "met" you.

I do my hair and makeup every day, but it seems to be gone by the time I get to work! LOL! I do feel better when my hair actually turns out though.

Back when my hair started growing back after chemo, it grew back snowy white and curly! I had been a brunette with straight hair before that! It eventually did grow back my natural color but it's thinner now and has a different texture and I never really figured out what to do with it! Anyway, while I was bald, I promised myself that I would never complain about having a bad hair day again! So, I try really hard not to! LOL! :flushed:

I've always had a struggle with self-confidence, but it's really roared its ugly head since I started this new job! It's very humbling to go from being one of the top colleagues in a department, to knowing nothing at a new organization! I think probably by the time I feel confident in this role, I'll be ready to retire!

I grew up around women (aunts, mom & grandmothers) who were & are all avid letter writers. Wish I could pick it up because I know how good it feels to get a personal letter in the mail.

As for the self care-I never struggled with this until my 40s. Now I'm 48 and I swear that some people are sizing me up b/c I look like I've given up on myself. I used to love skimming through fashion magazines for inspiration abut not anymore. I stopped dying my hair so it's natural. I know I need to pay more attention to my physical appearance. Maybe I'll add it to my JFT!

I'm sure you'll see a boost in your confidence in no time at the new organization!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    Recap M 4/23 ~ Beautiful sunny warm day & lots of blizzard snow has melted! B)
    1) Weight machine & circuit training before work / tried to remember my old "routine" ~ it's been too long! :D But I started! And during lunch break at home, had hubby show me some more pulls. :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work = Fitbit 8,395 steps, 250+ steps 13/14 & 31 floors ~ light walking day good for my hurting feet. Left foot is feeling normal/good, right foot better. :smile:
    3) Net calories green ~ again, it's been too long = Net calories -143, sugar -17 (chocolate Easter eggs), sodium -32 (yay), fiber good, protein ok & 14c water ~ not too bad :D
    4) Evening: Schwan's delivery :smiley: early (yay) / bake Kodiak Cakes power muffins :smiley: (oven working now / what a weird thing that was) ~ thanks @MLHC1 hubby & I love the dark chocolate muffins as snack! :smiley: / Antiques Roadshow Green Bay :smiley: / maybe short dog walk? :/ too busy/tired & needed to rest feet more
    5) Unplug 9:00 :smiley: / floss :( too tired / retainers :( see "floss" / bed & TV off 10:15 :smiley: exhausted & in bed 9 p.m. rare for me! :smiley:

JFT T 4/24 ~ Rest day
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work
    2) Remember shoe inserts at lunch time
    3) Net calories green or w/i 100 / monitor usual
    4) Evening: wash dishes / Sunday ads / start meal plan & grocery list / at least 1 to-do
    5) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / bed & TV off 10:15
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    Saragirl2 wrote: »
    Another week of not posting! Well, back on the horse as they say!
    Kids were off all last week & due to ice storms we couldn't drive to Ontario.

Did 5x5 Stronglifts at gym yesterday and I'm much more at ease lifting now. Not as self conscious as previous weeks. I notice other lifters watching each other (probably for form). Would love to start a lifting group for women at my gym.

Comparison is the thief of joy....this is MY journey.

So sorry you couldn't visit in Canada. We had a record-setting 2-day blizzard over 4/14 - 15, got 24 inches of snow, and thankfully sunny, warmer days have melted a lot of it. To the point of flood warnings in areas. But I was really in a funk during those snow days b/c it was APRIL.

Love your growing confidence lifting. So inspiring! You go girl!

And I really relate to your comparison / thief analogy ~ so true! We are all on our own individual journeys, and should not be comparing ourselves to others. Who knows what's behind each one's journey?
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    MLHC1 wrote: »

Monday 4/23/18 - JFT

✔- Increase water intake!! today's goal --> 72 oz.
    ✔- Revise pumping schedule
    ✅- Complete Cozi App "To-Do-List"--> partially done
    ✔- Kiddo to baseball game; they won!!
    ❌- Yoga--> hubby didn't grab my yoga stuff from storage :neutral:
    ✔- Post pregnancy 15 min. workout
    ❌- Dinner by 8 pm --> hubby brought dinner home after baseball game

Little baby Noah decided he would begin his own new routine --> cluster feeding!! :lol: He cluster fed (ate every 1.5 hrs) from 3 pm until midnight last night!! I guess he was inspired to get healthy too, LOL!!

Tuesday 4/24/18 - JFT

- Maintain water consumption - 72 oz
    - Continue to complete Cozi App "To-Do-List"
    - Yoga
    - Post pregnancy 15 min. workout
    - prepare for possible cluster feeding, which means prep dinner early!
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    To Everyone,

Thank you ALL for the kind words, thoughts, prayers and support!! You all have become very, very good friends to me :blush: I'm glad to rejoin, of course s-l-o-w-l-y getting back into the swing of things. It may take me a week or so until I can keep up with everyone's posts again, but please know I'm here for you ALL!!

@Bex953172 Congrats on your little one!! I can't believe she is already that old, time flys!! And yes, easing back into things is my plan. I'm still recovering from just staying at the hospital for soo long. Everything is a little crazy right now, the other kiddos, my hubby, his work, my school work and our remodel all still need my attention :lol:

@cschmitz110515 I'm so sorry to hear you are having health issues. I'll be praying for God's healing power for you!! Yes, my little one's name is Noah. I'm so happy you and your hubby are enjoying the Kodiak Power Cakes!! They really are a convenient and satisfying "grab-&-go" snack.

@OConnell5483 Thank you for the hugs, thoughts, prayers and support!! I've missed you all as well!! I hope all is still going well with the new job :smile:

@HGSmith..... Thank so much!! It's so nice to be back with you all!! Your support gives me strength!! I hope life has been treating you well. :smile: