WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2018

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,618 Member
    Penny - I'm sure you won't regret it. Often money is a sign of how much we feel valued. You have better things to do with your time. :D<3

Heather UK XXXXXX
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,089 Member
    exermom wrote: »
    Did 5 minutes on the hula hoop. You would think with my big hips that it would stay up longer! Then held my plank for 3 minutes, then the extremepump class. After class counted the money at the church, took the deposit to the bank then donations to the soup kitchen.

Kylia - thanks for the update about Joyce. There is no way on this green earth she could "fade" away. So glad you told her so. Next time you are talking to her, send her my best.

Felicia - never had a migrane so I would be totally freaked out. Rey is probably right.

Oh, this weather. Supposed to be in the 50's today and tomorrow, then in the 70's Wednesday. But that'll work since it's raining today and supposed to rain tomorrow. The rest of the things for the pool will be here today so we can start repairing it Wednesday.

KJ - wish I could post a picture of the cutting board, but it's still at the place where I was hoping they'd be able to stain it. I'll probably pick it up from them on Wed. My only concern about using playdough would be being sure I'd gotten it all out before I stained it. Not sure if I can get a toothpick into the engraved parts to be sure I'd gotten all the dough out.

Pajama party! Count me in. Hey, maybe we could have a virtual pajama party!!!!

pip - doesn't the rain on the summer bike hit your butt?

Felicia - I understand how you would want your son to dress up for his prom, but it's his life. I don't think he needs his hair cut. He's one handsome guy. His partner is SOO cute. What a ride they must have had! I don't really care for his partner's pants, but that's his choice. Some of the most wonderful people I know are trans. Vince doesn't agree with someone being trans, but I don't have a problem with it. The interesting thing is that I'm the Catholic. Like I said, to me I'd rather see a happy couple who stays married for a long time.

Rebecca (I'm so tempted to call you Becca) - I'm so sorry for your hubby. I prefer to take as few meds as possible. But I know that there are certain meds that I must take, like the Lamictal, the Prolia, calcium suppliments.

Barbara - I'm afraid that I don't have a steady enough hand to dip a toothpick in stain. I'm thinking of staining the grooves mainly because in some areas of the grooves it's darker than in other areas. If I stain the groves, hopefully it'll all be the same shade of brown.

KJ - I'm sure you've experienced this. When Play Dough hardens (how long does it take to harden?), will it all come out of the grooves? Or do I have to run a toothpick or something like that to make sure it's all out?

Jess flies out Saturday. I can tell she's very stressed. I would be too, to go to a foreign country. True, it's only for a few years. Maybe I wouldn't have a problem doing it if I were in my 30's and didn't have any other obligations (like kids, a house). I don't know if she's thought of all the things she needs to do to have her car registered in NC. Well, she'll be back in Aug. Even tho technically you are supposed to register your vehicle within 30 days, not everyone does. Saturday will be bitter sweet for me. On one hand I'm very happy for her that she's finally realizing her dream. On the other hand, I'll miss her. But I know that it isn't forever (unlike Bryan). She wants to store some of her furniture here. I guess we could do it for a few years. The rest will go into storage.

LHarris - of course you can join. Welcome!

Talk about stressed! We're going to go up to VA tomorrow probably early in the afternoon, help Jess load the truck on Wed, then come back to NC on Thurs. We need to go up in my car. Jess will drive her car here, Vince will drive the truck, and I'll drive my car. I know Vince likes to take his car, but I honestly don't feel comfortable driving his SUV on the highway. Not like it's a big thing, at least I don't think so.

Not sure I can get exercise in tomorrow. The gal who is going to watch the cats will be here between 6:30 and 7. I need to go to the Post Office and then the Green Room before we go. Maybe I can get something in after she leaves.

Terry in VT - good luck tomorrow. I'll be thinking good thoughts for you

Need to go pack (clothes and food)

Michele in NC

No cuz it’s not raining anymore when I take it out for the season
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 4,217 Member
    :):'(
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,089 Member
    Machka9 wrote: »
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    ryenday wrote: »
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    93e4epf3ol5a.jpeg
    Summer bike is out and backpack is on
    Pardon my ignorance but you have different summertime bike? Why?

Rye

a few reasons. one, i can afford to have more than one bike
    2. the winter bike is heavier, has a bike rack in the back, has fenders on it to keep the rain from getting on my butt. the back bike rack allows me to put a pannier (kinda like luggage that clips on to the back
    3. the summer bike, is alot lighter, it's a road bike, no fenders no bike rack to weigh it down so i wear a backpack now. the summer bike is just built for speed, the other has got disc brakes and is more for the elements, has more lights on it too.

When I lived in Canada, I had a summer bicycle and winter bicycle (and a few more for good measure) ... for similar reasons.

You can't have just one bicycle. :)

Here in Tasmania I don't really need a winter bicycle because I'm not snowbiking anymore or riding through slush etc., but I have one with fenders and wider tyres with better grip I tend to use in the rainy weather here.

Machka in Oz

yup, you know what i mean, my husband has 3 bikes, a wooden one for summer, an old Klein and the winter bike. i just need two, i'm good with that, there's one in the garage, i don't ride, it was my 1st real bike, found it was way too big for my body, but at the time i didn't know any better. i got measured for the 2 that i own now.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited April 2018
    Rita in NM: I found this online:

Recent scientific studies of people with various types of arthritis show that regular yoga practice can help reduce joint pain, improve joint flexibility and function and lower stress and tension to promote better sleep. ... “Yoga is definitely one option for people with arthritis.
    Yoga Benefits for Arthritis - Arthritis Foundation
    www.arthritis.org/living-with-arthritis/exercise/workouts/yoga/yoga-benefits.php

I think taking a class is better than trying to do it yourself at home unless you are already an expert. The social perks of a class are a second benefit. Yoga classes are full of nice people, both women and men. The one I attend now is mostly people who are 50+, but there are a few younger stay at home moms, too.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

The secret of getting ahead is getting started. - Mark Twain
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    :)o:)B)<3
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    edited April 2018
    langman22 wrote: »
    Rye, I love them too. Also, office supply stores. Unfortunately, my DH has a Masters and is working there. Did I ever tell you all that a few years ago I was making jewelry out of hardware items like screws, washers, and ceiling thingies? They were fun.
    Rita, hope you feel better soon.
    Heather, glad you have something to help you feel better.
    Terryazcmgczfmbov.jpg

r2jog7a73ly7.jpg
    fzrziv3omle8.jpg

OMG, Terry! Those are so fantastically fun you would even tempt ME to wear jewelry! WOW!

And Hardwearables!!! What an awesome name!

(Yes, office supply stores are fun too. lol)

Btw, when you get your internet store front up, please IM me the site, I have some friends (no judgement from me, but not my scene for sure) into the more kinky side of life who would find your current jewelry line irresistible and I’d like to send them a link.

(Also, I’m kinda like your DH. My doctorate really hasn’t been worth the paper my diploma was printed on, and I’m currently mostly a receptionist. Ah well, that is life.)

Rye