JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,486 Member
    Options
    So happy to read all the activity on this thread, and welcome newbies! You all help me keep going! :D

Recap W 4/25
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work = Fitbit 14,455 steps, 250+ steps 13/14 & 57 floors :smiley:
    2) After work walk dog gentle pace & shorter route = Rested feet feeling better! Walked dog after work on lovely spring evening & saw our pair of mallards swimming in a ditch filled with melted snow. B) 3.09 mi 56:39 pace 18:19 = happy dog + happy me
    3) Try again... net calories green or w/i 100 / NO evening snacking, esp. Easter candy = Figured out I need a more filling supper to avoid evening snacking, so added couscous to menu, and tactic worked! No evening snacking (yay!). I need to remember more of my old tactics to fill me up with protein & fiber b/c that really helps. Net calories, sodium & sugar green, protein ok, fiber good & 13c water. :smiley:
    4) Evening at least 1 to-do = Got bunch of little to-do's done & happy with that :smiley:
    5) Unplug 9:00 :smiley: / floss :smiley: / retainers :smiley: / bed & TV off 10:15 :smiley: I'm serious... plan workout R a.m. before work

JFT R 4/26
    1) Weight machine + my "circuit" training before work ~ remembered more of my old routine & noticing (sore) muscles I haven't used in a long time! :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work / pace during noon webinar
    3) Meals prelogged / stick with plan / net calories green / monitor usual
    4) Evening: choir / grocery shop / at least 1 - 2 to-do's
    5) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / bed & TV off 10:15 ~ depending on weather walk dog before work F a.m.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    My son called !!! :) He was in London last week -- so thats why he didn't call me back. I know how busy he is ... he travels on the weeks he does not have his kids.
    But why as a mom do we worry so much when we can't reach them. Anyhow, he sounded very happy.... which made this mom very happy :)

I'm so happy for you!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Hi! I’m new. Is this how I put up a post? Are there group/community/discussion rules listed somewhere? I’m just trying this out to see if a daily chat/group might help me. Thanks.

You just posted! I am relatively new as well to this group. This group has helped me tremendously! So encouraging and respectful.
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    JFT - Wednesday April 25

@slittlemeister - When do you sleep? Maybe it's because I'm getting older, if I even stay up watching tv past 11 I'm dragging the next day.

I was thinking the same thing! And then I recalled the few times I would be out til 3am, home by 4, and at work by 9...How did I do that??? Probably not very well, lolol
  • bcTRAI
    bcTRAI Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    One note for newbies... When you post the only emoji type images that work are the ones attached to your post. If you try to use ones from your device MFP will cut off your post at that point and the only part that will show is what you wrote before the emoji.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    toaljasa wrote: »
    JFT - Wednesday April 25

@slittlemeister - When do you sleep? Maybe it's because I'm getting older, if I even stay up watching tv past 11 I'm dragging the next day.

I was thinking the same thing! And then I recalled the few times I would be out til 3am, home by 4, and at work by 9...How did I do that??? Probably not very well, lolol

I remember when my girls were little, I would stay up late and get up with them and then work 3-11 or 2-10. Funny what we do when we were young. That would kill me now LOL
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    toaljasa wrote: »
    I made all my JFT goals yesterday! Yea!

What good things have you sown in to your life the last four months???

I love your posts. I have started being more grateful and more health conscious. I love the water challenge too, have been making it to 10 cups most days. I think moving forward I need to buy a scale and start weighing the food since the scale isn't moving as fast as I would like, and 95% of the time I'm within my calorie goals. I also need to start doing some strength training.

10 CUPS!!! Wow! That's impressive. I'm feeling pretty proud if I can get 7-8 in!

I'm sorry that your scale is not moving as fast as you would like...but is it moving downward at all?