Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,331 Member
    Options
    Good evening,

After dinner chores, ran dishwasher, took dog to vet,and bedding in washer. Not usually this busy, but clean and warm smelling bedding was too good to pass up.

My dog through fear behaves herself for the most part at the Vet. If I tried to express her glands it would be a different story. What one Vet tech calls their "bread and butter".

Find me and Miss T in hammock under Lana's Palm Tree- time to get those cboys into gear, they have been slacking with the cold weather....
  • tlsb2016
    tlsb2016 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday, Saltine! Sounds like your BF and his cousin treated you well for your special day. Those roses are so lovely.

In the NHL playoffs, I’m rooting for the Washington Capitals. They made it through the first round but now we’re facing the Penguins - and we have a bad habit of losing to the Penguins in the playoffs.

In the NBA playoffs...well...you and I are rooting for opponents, Saltine! The Wizards are our team (although the Raptors are ahead in the series right now.)

So, did Lana take the C-boys to Wyoming with her or did she leave them all behind for us?

It’s been a long day so gonna call it a night. Waves to Sara, Dawn, Lana, Kathryn, Ash, Birgit, SomeMorr and anyone else stopping by.

Best,

Tess
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    THURSDAY

Good morning,

Jewelry sale - did well and went over my 'budget' but not too badly. Years past I just bought and decided I earned it (sounds like my take on food sometimes....) so this is a nice middle.

Dog is up and fed, we slept well last night with only one outing, so that was appreciated.

Wave to all who follow. Lurking from work.
  • garystrickland357
    garystrickland357 Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Big day.
    MFP now tells me I haven't gained any weight since 2014 (0.0% change). The algorithm has forgiven the 30.6 pounds I had to lose to get back to what I weighed when I decided I needed to lose weight.
    So happy face - I've lost 30.6 pounds
    So not so happy face - I still have 44 pounds to lose to be at a normal BMI.
    But I'm moving forward.
    Have a blessed day y'all.
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Just got message from Mom. Gpa is in ER. Nursing home thought he had a stroke..they said he was going downhill fast, couldn't talk, sweating real bad, didn't know what was going on... went in for emergency cat scan, waiting for results... mom says, he seems ok... he knows her and my Aunt...
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Dawn, sending prayers and positive thoughts
  • arniedog74
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Kathryn - thank you... just heard from mom... they think he had a light stroke and possibly seizure... putting him on seizure meds and keeping him overnight...
  • tlsb2016
    Options
    Dawn sending good vibes and healing energy to your Grandpa! Glad the initial test results were better than feared, and hope he is able to recover.

Best
    Tess
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    I second what Tess wrote.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Thank you Tess and Sara... he ate dinner and was telling stories... he was resting when mom left... hope he's ok and able to go back to nursing home, tomorrow...
  • birgitwebster
    birgitwebster Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Prayers to you, Dawn!
  • birgitwebster
    Options
    Hi all,

opted on Wednesday not to go on my treadmill and avoid possible toe or otherwise injury... Squeezed 3.25 mi in last night before bible study... felt good.

WI this morning was at 190.6 :( though I do need to monitor my inches.

This week was really busy, but I managed to cook every night... for lunch today I fell off the wagon and ordered a pizza with everyone at the office. Though the pizzas in Germany are all thin crust and I chose an all veggie topping: fresh tomatoes, zucchini, mushrooms, onions, and mozarella... There is another event going on in town this weekend and we'll be walking a lot tonight, so I think it'll be ok.

Our house is being painted and re-stuccoed, so there's scaffolding all around it... my poor dog is going bananas... closed all doors, blinds, and windows, hoping to drown out any possible noise... bad enough the poor guy has to sit at home alone (well not quite - he does have a bossy cat to keep him company) all day and then listen to stuff going on outside... I feel bad.. bad then again, I'd much rather be home with my dog than sit at work...

On a positive note - IT'S FRIDAY *happy dance*

Looking forward to my lunchtime walk in a bit, the weather is gorgeous!

Happy sunshiny day to all *wave* :sunglasses:
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    FRIDAY

Good morning,

Learning new stuff at work is putting me to sleep so I am drinking decaf coffee again - that will have to stop. Tea and headphones today

Dawn - glad to hear about your gpa - it does sound encouraging. Sending good thoughts for you/your family.

Birgit - remember anything that you can do to counter your extra eating - walking/drink water etc. is better than nothing (major flash back for me). Glass is half full.

Suntan lotion under Lana's Palm Tree- how is the weather there Lana?

Lurking from work. Wave to all who follow.
  • birgitwebster
    Options
    I'll go for the palm tree anytime - if there's still room...

just got back from a brisk 30 min walk, 1.6 miles, 216 cals burned... pizza came in at 707 cals, since I skipped breakfast, I still have over 700 for dinner... that'll work....

Question: MFP always gives me extra cals based on my fitbit steps. I usually ignore them and stick to my 1,200-1,500 cal goal. It seems to be way too much otherwise... like so far I have 5,352 steps, and MFP calculated an extra 961 cals for exercise...anybody have any thoughts or experience on this? Should I just disconnect my fitbit?
  • tlsb2016
    Options
    Happy Friday all!

Birgit, I’ve noticed that the Fitbits calculate a much higher calorie burn that other trackers. For example, I have MFP connected to my iPhone step tracker and 5,300 steps would put me at around 100+ calories which seems more likely. As energetic as your walk may be, 900 calories burned seems unlikely!

It’s raining here today but should bring good weather for the weekend.

Waves to all,

Tess
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Hey Lana are we going to have to get a cboy search party started for you??

Before anyone gets jealous we can send one out for you too.......
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,844 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Hey All ~~

I am out in the middle of Wyoming, and the lifestyle here is to not be attached at all to one's devices. So I won't be here at the Cabana Club often until I get back to civilization on Thursday.

There is no scale here that I know of. Goodness!

I'm eating healthily for the most part, and yesterday and today my friend took me to her 60 minute water exercise class! Yay!! Will go Monday and Tuesday also.

I have to go back and read the posts.

Hugs to all who need hugs, and congratulations to those who have had a victory or two~~

Lana

???.? today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • rckeys88
    rckeys88 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Back in the saddle, thankful that MFP community keeps on trucking, motivated again, to quote Fred Astaire (I like old movies), "Pick myself up, dust myself off, start all over again!"
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Prayers to you, Dawn!

Thank you
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Birgit - that pizza sounds yumnumy! I prefer thin crust, now...my tummy doesn't seem to like anything else... May be the restaurant, but I'll stick to thin anyway...lots of walking is definitely a good thing...I really need to get into that habit...

Lana - sounds like a good place to be, except for no scale.. I'm sure it's ok, if you are eating fairly healthy, walking and doing water aerobics... enjoy your time...

Sara - thanks...Gpa's tests all came back negative... they did EEG and 2nd CAT scan... keeping him one more night, just to be safe... mom says he seems good...I think, it's all part of disease and it's just going to get worse...

Tess - happy Friday! It was an odd one at work for sure...

rckeys88- welcome... this is a great place...

NSV for me... not only 1 but 2 people brought donuts to work, today... one was a dozen of glazed and I can easily avoid those...the other, was a dozen cake donuts with yummy choc icing and sprinkles... that was a little more difficult... thankfully, the lid to box stayed closed most of day... although, everyone kept leaving their half eaten donuts sitting around for me to stare at... but, I did not cave...I went to Subway at lunch, with every intention of getting one of their yummy wraps... lucky for me, I had to stand in line and read the signs..1 wrap is 730 cal! The sandwich I get, is 430! So, I opted for sandwich... although, as I stood there watching them make salads and reading how many calories less it was, I thought I should have gone that way... but, definitely learned just cuz it says wrap, doesn't always mean it's better for you...