Do we go nowhere ?

Options

Replies

• Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    So what's the point in living if that's your opinion?

Repopulate I gues
    s. I’m not so deep that I need a point to live for. I’m just here trying to enjoy it while I can.

This is what I think too...but I never wanted kids...which makes me think I'm damaged DNA...good reason to not "re populate" I guess
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    The idea of an afterlife terrifies me. My Sunday school teacher when I was a kid always described it using a power cord. The small plug was this life, the infinite cord is the afterlife. Never ending. I think a lot of people come to religion for the wrong reason such as being afraid of making the wrong decision and be doomed to an eternity of torture, but that was never what religion was supposed to be about. That kind of discussion isn't allowed so I digress, but yes I believe in the afterlife. Ultimately nobody knows except the dead, and dead men tell no tales.
  • motivatedmartha
    motivatedmartha Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    denny_mac wrote: »
    _barefoot_ wrote: »
    No one has said why they don't believe ...

Is there a reason to why you don't want to believe .

Are you mad at God ?
    Do you feel you are not worth is love ?

That's a different question for a different thread.

Surely one needs a reason to believe in somethign - you don't need a reason to NOT believe in something.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    km8907 wrote: »
    The idea of an afterlife terrifies me. My Sunday school teacher when I was a kid always described it using a power cord. The small plug was this life, the infinite cord is the afterlife. Never ending. I think a lot of people come to religion for the wrong reason such as being afraid of making the wrong decision and be doomed to an eternity of torture, but that was never what religion was supposed to be about. That kind of discussion isn't allowed so I digress, but yes I believe in the afterlife. Ultimately nobody knows except the dead, and dead men tell no tales.

Is that the difference, or one of the differences, between religion and faith?