Unexpected results of weight loss

Options

Replies

• concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    HDBKLM wrote: »
    mtews63 wrote: »
    I have two unexpected results. First is the fact that I seem to be cold. I wear a lot more sweatshirts. I live with someone who is always warm. Before I was too. Now I find I am cold and need an extra layer of clothes.

Second is, not to take this to a bad place, as parts of my body are shrinking others parts seem to be growing. Basically as I lose belly fat it isn't hiding other parts. Sorry if too personal.

@mtews63 Don't worry, you're not the first to post about an increase in 'usable inches'. More power to you, and fair play for when us girls bring up TOM or bust measurements.

I have a possibly weird question regarding your feeling cold all the time. This is another one people bring up frequently as they lose the weight, but since you mentioned that you're living with someone who is always warm you might be in a position to assess: Even though I'm in a deficit I eat a lot of fat and I've been wondering if those who feel like they're cold all the time have changed their diets significantly since starting to lose weight, and if that plays a role. I mean, obviously the fact that you're not walking around with as much insulation anymore is the biggest part of it, but I've lost nearly 50 now and have just about dipped into the normal BMI range, but don't feel any colder so was curious if another component of it is that my inner furnace is burning hotter due to the high fat content of my food choices.

I guess the question is whether you and the person you live with are eating the same meals, or if maybe you've switched to steamed veggies (just as an example of a low-fat food, no judgement) while he or she is still having spoonfuls of peanut butter (again, random example).

I eat quite a bit of fat, and still get cold easily.
  • Sheluvsbread2much
    Sheluvsbread2much Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    eshebam wrote: »
    I have lost just 17 pounds, but that is more than I have ever lost in my life. I've always believed that I really wasn't capable of weight loss

That said - my unexpected result is that I have an overwhelming freedom. I have realised that I CAN change my life - I can change my weight, so that means I can change anything else in my life too. I am free from the life I was led to, and have the chnace to become who I'd rather be!

And it all starts with 17 pounds :wink:

Word.
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Has anyone else noticed that their hair feels thicker and more lusterous? Not sure if it is from better nutrition or something else.

I noticed when I comb out after washing it...less hair if any at all is cleaned out of comb.
  • GOT_Obsessed
    GOT_Obsessed Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    kdpotter wrote: »
    Also struggled with brain catching up and still struggle to chose a small enough size. I love shopping where before I would usually end up in tears.

Yes! Nobody told me the fitting rooms would no longer be a depressing, stressful place!
    Great job on your loss.
  • mtews63
    mtews63 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have two unexpected results. First is the fact that I seem to be cold. I wear a lot more sweatshirts. I live with someone who is always warm. Before I was too. Now I find I am cold and need an extra layer of clothes.

Second is, not to take this to a bad place, as parts of my body are shrinking others parts seem to be growing. Basically as I lose belly fat it isn't hiding other parts. Sorry if too personal.

@mtews63 Don't worry, you're not the first to post about an increase in 'usable inches'. More power to you, and fair play for when us girls bring up TOM or bust measurements.

I have a possibly weird question regarding your feeling cold all the time. This is another one people bring up frequently as they lose the weight, but since you mentioned that you're living with someone who is always warm you might be in a position to assess: Even though I'm in a deficit I eat a lot of fat and I've been wondering if those who feel like they're cold all the time have changed their diets significantly since starting to lose weight, and if that plays a role. I mean, obviously the fact that you're not walking around with as much insulation anymore is the biggest part of it, but I've lost nearly 50 now and have just about dipped into the normal BMI range, but don't feel any colder so was curious if another component of it is that my inner furnace is burning hotter due to the high fat content of my food choices.

I guess the question is whether you and the person you live with are eating the same meals, or if maybe you've switched to steamed veggies (just as an example of a low-fat food, no judgement) while he or she is still having spoonfuls of peanut butter (again, random example).

• mtews63
    Options
    I would say that yes I have changed my diet and she has not. Now that you asked that question and I thought about it. I eat my breakfast and lunch myself. That is where diet changes have taken place. We eat dinner together and I am warmer after dinner. We eat same as before for dinner.
  • mtews63
    Options

• mtews63
    Options
    I have changed my diet and they have not. Now that you asked and I thought more about it. I eat a different diet than before at breakfast and lunch. Those are not eaten with her. Dinner we eat together. Same type diet as before. I tend to warm up after dinner.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!