JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,071 Member
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Ok so not sure what's happened but I'm obsessed with toast, I just eat toast all day and can't stop eating it lol!!
    So

Goals for Tues
    - 8 glasses of water
    - NO TOAST

OK --- cravings for toast. You are not pregnant, are you ;)

I fecking hope not! We've been careful but nothings 100% is it, getting more reliable contraception next week!
    Its such an intense craving I might just do a preg test for peace of mind now lol!!!
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    junodog1 wrote: »
    I have been off the wagon for a few months. Mostly maintained, but gained a little over the holiday periods. Now I need to get back into the habit of regular tracking. I am surprised by how much of a challenge this is to me. To help I am resetting my daily calories to maintenance and will go down a hundred a week for the next few weeks. After I get into this a few weeks I may be able to make the full jump to 500 deficit.

First of all the Unbirthday greetings made me laugh. What a good prank!

I'm glad you are back on here. I'm always surprised at myself how quickly something I have found quite do-able healthwise, becomes a huge mountain of a challenge. I think that's one reason an accountability group helps...just knowing I've put it out there makes me want to complete the task/challenge/mini-goal.

You know you've got this! Just move forward.
    Peace and joy!

qwaachwva6i2.png
  • toaljasa
    Options
    JFT, Tuesday, May 1
    Exercise DONE
    Walk outside for at least 15 minutes
    Drink 8 cups water half way through
    Online program
    Pre-log food/log all food DONE/getting there
  • toaljasa
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 I liked this so much, I had to find it all prettied up! And look who said it!
    lup50xr9m3nw.png
  • toaljasa
    Options
    @Snowflake1968

Whoa! You are really picking up speed there! Fantastic work, job well done in getting all those goals done. You are going to be a card carrying member of the '80's" club in no time!!!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,733 Member
    Options
    junodog1 wrote: »
    Oh I forgot - my husband got called back to work this morning. He starts Monday and is going to work days! Last year he did the evening shift and we didn't have a day off together from May 24 to Sept 1. On weekdays we saw each other for maybe 20 minutes. On weekends we had 3 or 4 hours. I am so excited, maybe we can actually do something this year!

Woo Hoo for this!

Today is my Mom's birthday, my Grandfather used to say she came in a May Basket :)

It is my sisters birthday too. I have been taunting her this year. So far I have sent her
    • Happy May Day
    • Happy International Workers Day
    • Happy Anniversary of the opening of Disney-MGM Studios at Walt Disney World

Eventually I'll get around to her birthday. :D

That's hilarious!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,475 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Wowza! Had to go back > 30 pages to find my April post... such an active thread, and I love it!

April Goals / Results:
    • Walk dog or on treadmill 5x per week = Per MapMyWalk walked 5 days one week, 4 days two weeks & 3 days one week / fighting off plantar fasciitis since 4/20 / see cross/strength training below :smiley:
    • Win MapMyWalk spring challenge (most distance) with M = me 57.3 miles vs M 36.6 miles :smiley:
    • Yoga or strength train 1x per week = Had 4 days that my workout was shoveling snow, in April! That's living in Green Bay, WI for you. MFP has snow shoveling under cardio, but when it's wet, heavy snow (and lots of it), I consider that strength training too... my arms & shoulders definitely got a workout. :D Started using weight machine & body weight exercises on 4/23 (2x in week + plan tomorrow 5/2). :smiley:
    • Log all food & beverages every day / net calories green or w/i 100 = Missed logging 2 days (4/1 Easter (planned) & 4/28 ate at a favorite local restaurant & no idea how to log) + no regrets :smiley: / 9 days more than 100 over net calories (oops). :# Since I ALWAYS eat back my exercise calories, I'm not going to *sweat* this. :p
    • Take measurements 4/30 a.m. before work & log on MFP = Done / no real change from 3/31 but smaller clothes fit great & I'm getting lots of compliments :blush: so I call this a win! :D
    • Scale goal 152.0# = 4/30/18 153.0 and saw 152 or 152.5 more than once on daily weigh-ins during month :|

May Goals:
    • Walk dog 4-5x per week
    • Workplace step challenge (4/16 - 8/31) / stay w/i top 30 to win a prize
    • Win MapMyWalk snow is melted challenge with M (most distance in May)
    • Weight/bodyweight training or yoga 1-2x per week
    • Log all food & beverages every day / net calories w/i 100 green on workout days
    • Take measurements 5/31 Thurs a.m. before work & log on MFP
    • Scale goal 151#

Weight loss is not linear. Focus on the process, not the outcome.

• Snowflake1968
    Options
    toaljasa wrote: »
    @Snowflake1968 I liked this so much, I had to find it all prettied up! And look who said it!
    lup50xr9m3nw.png

Thank you for that! I love my quotes all prettied up too! Maybe I'll do this one for a "sign" in my office.
  • toaljasa
    Options
    Ok so not sure what's happened but I'm obsessed with toast, I just eat toast all day and can't stop eating it lol!!
    So

Goals for Tues
    - 8 glasses of water :(
    - NO TOAST :(

Okay so didn't manage that.

My heads just really not in this. I just don't have the oomph and I'm getting really lazy.

Apr started well with the water challenge, I was getting 8 glasses most days for the first 2 weeks, it then tapered off however I was still drinking more than previously and I still do now even if its not 8 glasses. So I think a habit has been partially formed and one and to keep it! So I want to try up my intake to 8 glasses again.

Do you remember I said my parents will have all 3 girls on a week night so I could go to the gym, well we tried it today, they live about a 20-25 min drive away, after 45 mins and we weren't even near so we turned back home, another 45 mins back. Its just not going to work, the traffic is so bad at that time and its the only time it can be done, so looks like gym for me is only on the odd weekend when either set of parents have them, bit sad about it but even if it had worked out I doubt I would of dome it again as its alot of faffing about.

And remember I asked about everyone's thoughts on the lord of the rings?
    Well when browsing through the fitness and exercise board I came across people talking about an app called "Walk to Mordor" :lol: and basically as far as I know it racks your distance walked or something and relates it to the film and how far you've travelled from the Shire to Mordor. I realise this sounds incredibly nerdy but given the May challenge I thought its quite fitting haha
    Although I won't be able to use it until my phones fixed!

Aaaaanyway

It was shopping day today so definitely got more than 15 mins in. More like 2 hours with baby on me :)

Goals for Tues:
    - 8 glasses
    - May Challenge
    - Be in the green
    - Make smarter choices!!!!!!!!!!!

Drats! I was so excited at the thought of your folks watching the children for a bit. Well, maybe a plan B will show up.

glug glug glug, I'm continuing with the water challenge.

I am going to look into the LOTR challenge because I am just that nerdy!!!
    qbf5fvmbjc0l.png
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    So

Goals for Tues
    - 8 glasses of water
    - NO TOAST

I fecking hope not! We've been careful but nothings 100% is it, getting more reliable contraception next week!
    Its such an intense craving I might just do a preg test for peace of mind now lol!!!

I just read that oats and Grains help milk production for breastfeeding moms. So if you are breastfeeding or pumping, you might be craving the grains to help your milk supply. But you never know........ :wink:
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,071 Member
    Options
    MLHC1 wrote: »
    So

Goals for Tues
    - 8 glasses of water
    - NO TOAST

I just read that oats and Grains help milk production for breastfeeding moms. So if you are breastfeeding or pumping, you might be craving the grains to help your milk supply. But you never know........ :wink:

Ah I had to stop breastfeeding after 3 weeks! Gave it a good go but started getting problems and no one to help! But glad I made it that far!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    JFT, 5/1/18

1. Log all food :)Red by a bit but at least I logged it!
    2. Post my goals for May :)I think it's a page back!
    3. Weigh myself(no matter how long I have been awake!) :)Down a few more ounces! I think I'm finally starting to get to the end of the water retention weight
    4. Put dishes away :)Put this mornings away.
    5. Make lunch for DH(and myself) :)
    6. Work 10:15-5:15 :)
    6. Only 2 cups of coffee at work! :):)I almost didnt make it! I was quickly fading by 4 but I made it to the end without a third cup
    7. REMEMBER WATER BOTTLE/COFFEE CUP :|Water bottle yes, coffee cup no.
    8. 3 bottles @ work/1 @ home :|2.5 at work. But I'm on my fourth now
    9. Meal plan :)Did it before work this morning
    10. Prep shopping list :)Been doing this on and off all day. It will probably take another day or two to complete
    11. Read-20 minutes :)Will do this before bed.
    12. Meditate-5 minutes :)Do this before bed as well.
    13. Get plates from dealer(1hr ride) :|Moved to Saturday. No way I was going to battle that traffic tonight!
    14. Dinner/Dishes :)One Pan Skillet Lasagna. Was enjoyed by all. Dishes washed. Going to put away before dinner
    15. Pens game/Mtime :)Game just started. Going to cuddle after I am done with this
    16. Tech off by 10:00 :pToo soon to tell but I'm trying to make this a habit
    17. Bed by 11 :)Hopefully. The light was out at 11 give or take five minutes.

Had a really good day today. It was nice to have a bit of a morning to myself. Finished the meal planning and took a nice, relaxing shower.

My SIL is giving me some problems though. She doesnt seem to realize that I cant make my husband do anything he doesnt want to. I dont think my IL understand the kind of relationship we have. I dont have the final say in our marriage. I ask him to do things and I give him my input but I very rarely demand things of him and he rarely demands things of me. We are partners. I dont think she gets that. If my DH doesnt want to visit his sick mom there is nothing I can do to change that. I told her this before. I told her that I cant make him do this and that her asking me to do this is causing problems between us. She stopped for about 9 months. We then found out that she is sicker then we thought and we took her out to dinner. Now we are right back where we were 9 months ago. So today I just blocked her number. I know that it is going to cause some problems. Especially with my other(psycho) SIL. They tend to send out group messages which the DH has asked them not to do. So he'll get the messages and can decide what to do with them. I'm done with it all. He knows this and agrees with me.

Work was good. Kind of slow but learned a bunch of new things and am getting much more comfortable talking on the phone. I think that is because I am getting more confident in the processes and policies of the bank. I am answering more questions on my own without having to ask other people for the answers. That is raising my confidence. We got out of work about 5 minutes after close. It was nice. I open tomorrow and can probably get out around 4. I'm going over M&M's for dinner and needles. The DH is closing tomorrow and Thursday.

Random thing I may have mentioned a few days ago(lol). I figured out how to "take out" ebooks from my public library. I "borrow" them for 14 days and they are automatically removed from my device when the time is over. It is actually really really nice. I read them right through the Kindle App on my phone. I'm actually really enjoying it. I'm reading a book on organizing/tidying at the moment. Lol

Onto goals for tomorrow

JFT, 5/2/18

1. Log all food
    2. Weigh myself!!! NO MATTER THE TIME OF DAY!
    3. GYM!!!
    4. Make lunch for DH(and myself)
    5. Work 815-4ish
    6. ONLY 2 CUPS OF COFFEE AT WORK
    7. 3 bottles at work/1 bottle @ M&M/home
    8. Walk during lunch
    9. Read-20min
    10. Meditate-5min
    11. Tech off by 11
    12. Lights off by 12

Hope everyone has a great night! I may be back on later!

Wow I have so much to say to you!
    What is your one skillet lasagna? You have piqued my interest. Lasagna is my favourite pasta meal.
    Families - sometimes they suck! My husband and FIL have not spoken in almost 2 years over all things American politics. We live in Canada. Last year when his family tried to get me to “make” hubby break the silence. I told them he’s my husband not my child and they were free to try if they wanted but I was not having anything to do with it. Funnily enough none of them have tried to “make” him do anything and they haven’t asked me yet. I hope your husband does call his Mom soon. It would be awful to have regrets later in life, but I thibk you’re smart to let it be his decision.

My daughter has been using the Eboooks at the library and keeps telling me I need to do this. My problem is I love to read in the bath, I’ve been known to doze off and give my book a dink too. Not sure how my iPad would survive.

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    @junodog1 Your cards to your sister is hilarious! Made me laugh out loud! Great idea! :D