Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Calorie in calorie out method is outdated

Options

Replies

• kq1981
    kq1981 Posts: 1,098 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    LJay89 wrote: »
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    kq1981 wrote: »
    Triggered! Sigh *slaps forehead* Brace yourself OP...

I am new to forums..

What does she need to brace herself for? Peer based mockery at her question? or a balanced discussion on whether the article she has refereced is valid and accurate or not?

Use the search feature and type in CICO. We've had a plethora of these lately, and the people who seem to be disputing CICO, either fundamentally don't understand the concept, or they are conflating multiple factors which contributes to their misunderstanding.

It's growing a bit tiresome, but many people are still trying to patiently help those with that misunderstanding gain clarity.

Why don't you just try and ignore the forum posts that are disputing the relevance of CICO?

Because it does a disservice to the people reading along and looking for help to let worthless, silly woo go unchallenged.

The weight loss industry as a whole is full of hype, half-truths and outright lies. Their multi-billion dollar yearly profits are built upon people failing and coming back for more, and their only true goal is to wring as much money out of people as they can. IMO, it's nice to see at least one place where all that garbage gets challenged and debunked.

Triggered! Sigh *slaps forehead* Brace yourself OP...

This comment above doesn't suggets this.

But it reply to you, that is great. I just never understood the need to mock people who maybe slightly ignorant on a subject.

As i said, there is no context in text. I would never mock someone trying to learn. I answered above
  • ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    Azdak wrote: »
    Pro tip: don’t google “flat earth”. It may make you afraid to walk out the door.

Oh kitten. Now I HAVE to go do it...
  • Smallville127
    Smallville127 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    It is simple math....burn more than you consume. It is not as bloody complex as people want to make it. I mean should you eat a bunch of trash *kitten* food so long as it is within your calories? No....you shouldn't but you can and still lose weight however how it will make you feel will change your choices quite fast.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,509 Member
    Options
    sokkache wrote: »
    When it comes down to it it probably isn't enough of a change to matter but I just think its interesting that different molecules do take different amounts of energy to break down and it makes complete sense.
    TEF is a given when it comes to CICO. Consequently it takes more energy to walk an hour than to sit on a couch an hour. That is something that matters more.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
This discussion has been closed.