mdnorthside Posts: 48 Member
    Bump
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    bump
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Oma827 wrote: »
    My motivation changed. I need help from MFP peeps.

I have lost 155 of the 175 I set as a goal. I wear size 16 or 18. I feel great; did a 5K this morning with a smile.

This week, I ate fine at breakfast and lunch. Yogurt n fruit snack. After a proper dinner every night, I ate some trail mix. Then 1/2 pear. Neither evening snack is on plan.

Is it possible that I am self-sabotaging? I get compliments on my achievement and how good I look. I have never been slender and I am not now. Could I be trying to prevent really looking okay?

I eat well and am not hungry. Health is perfect now: diabetes T2 resolved, blood pressure resolved, no meds now at all. The benefits of weight loss are clear and wonderful.

What can I do to stick to my goal and transition to maintenance?

I am 20 pounds from my weight goal as well but have maintained at the 195 +/- 5 pound mark for the past three years. All my health markers continue to improve which at my age is my main objective anyway. The last 20 pounds can stay or go as far as I am concerned right now.

You have been so successful I would not mentally be concerned about the last 20 pounds if it is not causing quality of life issues.

I am now able to do things I could not do 30 years ago like restoring this antique Ford 711 loader after driving 300 miles to pick it up on a cold day back in Feb. Going from needing the powered cart at Walmart to doing things like below and being in my first antique tractor show lets me know the last 20 pounds just is not that important to me at the age of 67.

6aic0zbh9tx5.jpg

bsvz8ruhjl15.jpg

What year is this beauty?
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    bump
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!