Options

Replies

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,207 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Goals for Tues:
    - 8 glasses - currently at 5? I reckon I can do it though!
    - May Challenge - yes this neatly didn't happen, I ha vent been out all day but I've been on top of the housework today and would you believe my lounge actually stayed clean and reasonably tidy!!! So I took the dog out for a walk, I really think this challenge is going to help me so much and benefit the dog!!
    - Be in the green *drum roll* YES!
    - Make smarter choices!!!!!!!!!!! YES!! for dinner we had lamb koftas, my oh had his with chips and peas and I made a big *kitten* salad, it had salad leaves, tomato, carrot, mushroom, asparagus and mange tout (fried in a little butter) little bit of cheese, mayo, salt and pepper! Yummy!

What a positive day for me, somethings clicked and I feel ready to kick some *kitten*.
    A friend of ours is opening a nightclub, to which we're invited to the opening on June 8th and we get free drinks all night and VIP!
    Now you see my dilemma and where this boost has come from! That's all I needed I think! Something to aim for!

Great day for you Bex!!! And I am so happy you took your dog out for a walk. For me, even if it is just 10 minutes, seems to help me with snacking in the evenings. I hope your walks help you also!
    And you've got this girl!! You are going to look awesome for the June opening!! You can do it .... and its my turn now to give you a kick in the b.... if you need it ;) But also, give yourself a ton of credit for anything you can do. With 3 little ones to take care of, I am just so proud of you even posting with us!!
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options

Do you find online grocery shopping saves you money, or is it just more convenient? I've thought about it but worry about the quality of produce.

@snowflake1968 I find online shopping brilliant for all the heavy or bulky stuff - water bottles, cleaning materials, toilet paper, canned foods etc. Plus anything frozen or non-perishable. With fresh produce it kind of varies. If I choose the right meat and poultry the quality is fine, same for veggies and anything prepackaged like cheese, milk etc. Fruit and veg I sometimes prefer to buy at a greengrocers as I can pick the degree of ripeness I want etc.

I have a subscription where I pay £60 for the year and then every delivery is free of charge. This means if I get only about 10 in a year it’s worth it financially. And I do about one a week so it’s definitely good for me! The site always has an area highlighting offers so it’s v easy to save money.

And I find it helps with meal prep as it all comes on one day so I’m forced to do my batch cooking and freezing before anything goes bad. Big fan of it for busy people. Not to mention the fact that it’s easier to avoid temptations when you’re not actually in the shop ;) x
  • sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    JFY (Wednesday)
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water before allowing myself a Diet Coke :)
    2. Log all the food I eat :)
    3. Stay "in the green" with my calories :)
    4. Stay "in the green" with my sodium intake :/
    5. Do some yard work :)

JFT (Thursday)
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water before allowing myself a Diet Coke
    2. Log all the food I eat
    3. Stay "in the green" with my calories
    4. Stay "in the green" with my sodium intake
    5. Go to the gym
    6. Finish 3 orders from my shop
    7. Finish laundry
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Wednesday
    1. Feed cats. Meds, teeth, tea. AM run 30 minutes; aim for 15 laps. FIND HUCK FINN!
    2. PROOF AND TURN IN SUB PLANS. Freshmen - NoRedInk and literacy practice. Sophomore - reading & project work. UPDATE CLASS WEBSITES. Print grammar practice & upload. (Freshmen - verb phases; sophomores - subject/verb agreement with indefinite pronouns and prepositional phrases.) Email principal about additional photocopies. Email D about recs for classic lit.
    3. 1 set body exercises (10 lifted push-ups ALL THE WAY DOWN, 10 lunges each leg, 70 sec plank, 40 sec forward fold, 20 sec triangle each side, 40 sec down dog, 30 sec crane/tree/warrior 3 each leg, 15 side leg lifts) aim for 2. Steps at school to 7k; aim for *10*. Daily Duolingo. Meditation. Read Iron Cast.
    4. Sophomore project work. Check books out; select projects. Freshmen - grammar/story. Check about postcards. Enter classwork grades.
    5. Practice audition song. Write responses 1-2. Begin essay. Chop more celery. Pack Thursday lunch. Dinner - Plated 2?
    6. Meds by 7:00. Teeth flossed, rinsed, brushed; in bed by 9:00. Alarm set for 5:00.

JFT Thursday
    1. Feed cats. Meds, teeth, tea. AM run 30 minutes; aim for 16 laps. Got 15/16 in 33.
    2. Review plans with sub. Freshmen - NoRedInk and literacy practice. Sophomore - reading & project work. Assign someone from class 1 to get computers for class 2. UPDATE CLASS WEBSITES for today AND tomorrow! Email D about recs for classic lit.
    3. 1 set body exercises (10 lifted push-ups ALL THE WAY DOWN, 10 lunges each leg, 70 sec plank, 40 sec forward fold, 20 sec triangle each side, 40 sec down dog, 30 sec crane/tree/warrior 3 each leg, 15 side leg lifts) aim for 2. Steps at school to 7k; aim for *10*. Daily Duolingo. Meditation. Read Iron Cast.
    4. Sophomore project work. Freshmen - grammar/play. Enter classwork grades.
    5. Practice audition song. Write essay. Chop more celery. Pack Friday lunch. Dinner - Plated 2? Meetup for JavaScript.
    6. Meds by 7:00. Teeth flossed, rinsed, brushed; in bed by 9:00. Alarm set for 6:20.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,076 Member
    Options
    MLHC1 wrote: »
    Thursday 5/3/18 JFT:

(Baby slept in so we all slept in and we all had a late start to the day! :flushed: )

▪Maintain every 3 hour pump schedule
    ▪Prepare slow cooker meal for dinner
    ▪Organize research notes and begin draft for formal research report (due 5/8)
    ▪Laundry
    ▪Elliptical, 15 min.
    ▪Drink 96 oz of water
    ▪Dinner by 7 pm
    ▪Research shorter yoga session (45 min. is too long for this season in my life. I need a 15 to 20 min. routine.)

Yesterday I was completely consumed by the day so I was barely able to log on and do a completed JFT. However, I was able to catch up on a little extra sleep so that was nice. Today is another ambitious post but I'll do my best to complete what I can without getting overwhelmed. :lol:

Ahh baby sleep ins are the best aren't they! :love:
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,483 Member
    Options
    Recap 5/2 W ~ so happy it's Hump Day ~ overslept alarm & no a.m. workout :#
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work = Fitbit 7,411 steps, 250+ 12/14 & 25 floors :smiley:
    2) Tamales order (at workplace) for lunch / not sure about supper (leftovers?) / usual snacks (egg, muffin) / net calories w/i 100 green??? & monitor usual = stuck with plan except finished snappea crisps for evening snack (unplanned) ~ net calories -208, sodium -358, fiber ok, sugar green, protein good & 15c water :neutral:
    3) 90-min. massage tonight (rescheduled from post-Easter snow day) / relax & don't try to cram other stuff in the spare minutes this evening = aaahhhh! :smiley:
    4) Unplug 9:30 :smile: 9:45? / floss :smiley: / retainers :smiley: / bed & TV off 10:15 = 10:20 close enough :smiley: to catch up sleep & workout in basement Th a.m. if raining, otherwise walk dog before work

JFT 5/3 R ~ rain ended before I got up
    1) Walked dog before work / met up w/ Kim & Bogie / 3.4 mi 59:49 pace 17:34 / stretched after :smiley: happy dog & happy me
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work
    3) Meals & snacks prelogged + net calories cushion for tonight / snacks & treats after choir, our last rehearsal for season... eat small portions & enjoy!
    4) Evening: choir (remember to take beverages) / wash dishes / put laundry away / youngest brother's bday card
    5) Unplug 9:15 / floss / retainers / bed & TV off 10:15 (planned weights workout before work F a.m.)
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    Options

Ahh baby sleep ins are the best aren't they! :love:

Yes. It would have been even more glorious if I hadn't been up with him from 2 am - 4 am :lol:
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    3) 90-min. massage tonight (rescheduled from post-Easter snow day) / relax & don't try to cram other stuff in the spare minutes this evening = aaahhhh! :smiley:

I had my 90 min. massage last night too!! LOL!! :lol:

(It was just thing to do. :blush: )
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,746 Member
    Options
    Faebert wrote: »

Do you find online grocery shopping saves you money, or is it just more convenient? I've thought about it but worry about the quality of produce.

@snowflake1968 I find online shopping brilliant for all the heavy or bulky stuff - water bottles, cleaning materials, toilet paper, canned foods etc. Plus anything frozen or non-perishable. With fresh produce it kind of varies. If I choose the right meat and poultry the quality is fine, same for veggies and anything prepackaged like cheese, milk etc. Fruit and veg I sometimes prefer to buy at a greengrocers as I can pick the degree of ripeness I want etc.

I have a subscription where I pay £60 for the year and then every delivery is free of charge. This means if I get only about 10 in a year it’s worth it financially. And I do about one a week so it’s definitely good for me! The site always has an area highlighting offers so it’s v easy to save money.

And I find it helps with meal prep as it all comes on one day so I’m forced to do my batch cooking and freezing before anything goes bad. Big fan of it for busy people. Not to mention the fact that it’s easier to avoid temptations when you’re not actually in the shop ;) x

Thanks for the insight, I was thinking it would avoid the temptations for sure. I may look into this. I think before I do, I need to do some meal planning. Now that I know what my husband will be working this summer I can do some, I had been putting it off because if it was like last summer. I ate alone most nights and he ate at work so it didn't make much sense.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    JFT - Wednesday May 2
    2L of Water - :)
    15 Minutes Outside - :) 13 minutes during day while chatting with a friend I walked
    Plank Challenge - :) moved up to 30 seconds yesterday, up to 40 today
    Stay in Green - :)
    Walk - :) - 30 minutes, slower pace my hip is hurting some
    Write in Journal - :) Yes
    Find another Project - :/ No, they have put a halt to my manual right now, because they may move into an electronic scheduling system right away. This would negate all of my work, but is so needed!

JFT - Thursday May 3
    2L of Water
    Stay in Green
    15 Minutes Outside
    Plank Challenge
    Swimming tonight
    Write in Journal
    Have a client meeting today

Last night when I was getting ready to go for my walk, the wind picked up and it was throwing some rain drops against the window. I said to my husband, how about I find another way to get cardio in tonight. I don't know whether to be insulted or grateful that he said "you're not sugar, go for your walk". I didn't feel one drop of rain the whole walk!
    I was thinking on my walk last night, that I am so much better at pushing myself when swimming and walking than I am at the gym.

I truly don't like the gym, all those people, so many of them so fit! Parts of me know, that they don't care about me, what I'm doing, or how I look doing it, but all of those childhood taunts come back in my head.

I was all legs and arms growing up, I wore glasses and was clumsy. I was always the last one chosen for every team in gym class. By grade 6 I had developed in the chest area so fast and so large that the boys loved to watch me run, the girls were mean. You don't know what to do with that type of attention that young. By grade 8 I had managed to get enough injuries and problems that I was excused from gym class for 2 years! It was the best! I never had another gym class after grade 7, when I went to high school I only had to take one gym class in 3 years, I quit school before I ever had to do it. Since then I have successfully avoided any team sports or anything that has involved me doing anything physical in front of people except for once at my husband's company barbecue. His bosses' wife refused to let me help get the meal prepared while the rest played softball. I caught a ball that day, and stopped a home run, I hit a ball and made it to 2nd base. I still refused to do it again ever.

Why at almost 50 years of age does what others think still rule my life so much? I care what everyone thinks about every aspect of my life. I try very hard to meet my goals because I don't want to look like I failed in front of anyone. I know in my head that other's people opinions of me is not my concern, that most of the people I think are judging me aren't even aware I exist. I need to start figuring out a way to believe this and get these thoughts out of my head.

This group has so truly helped me understand that if I'm trying I'm succeeding, I don't have to be perfect. I will forever be grateful that I have found you all.

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options

My heads just really not in this. I just don't have the oomph and I'm getting really lazy.

I am impressed you check in! I would not have the oomph, nor would my head be in it, if I was as busy as you are, with a new baby on top of it! You are anything but lazy! Give it time. You'll know when you're ready to have your head in the game again. Don't rush it! (((HUGS)))
    Haha I'm not even lying! I actually have time to be lazy!!

Stop enabling me haha :sweat_smile:

LOL!!! Okay then....I'll stop enabling you by saying GET YOUR *kitten* MOVING MISSY! Bwahahaha! :mrgreen:
    (Thanks for the chuckle!)
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    JFT - Wednesday May 2
    2L of Water - :)
    15 Minutes Outside - :) 13 minutes during day while chatting with a friend I walked
    Plank Challenge - :) moved up to 30 seconds yesterday, up to 40 today
    Stay in Green - :)
    Walk - :) - 30 minutes, slower pace my hip is hurting some
    Write in Journal - :) Yes
    Find another Project - :/ No, they have put a halt to my manual right now, because they may move into an electronic scheduling system right away. This would negate all of my work, but is so needed!

JFT - Thursday May 3
    2L of Water
    Stay in Green
    15 Minutes Outside
    Plank Challenge
    Swimming tonight
    Write in Journal
    Have a client meeting today

Last night when I was getting ready to go for my walk, the wind picked up and it was throwing some rain drops against the window. I said to my husband, how about I find another way to get cardio in tonight. I don't know whether to be insulted or grateful that he said "you're not sugar, go for your walk". I didn't feel one drop of rain the whole walk!
    I was thinking on my walk last night, that I am so much better at pushing myself when swimming and walking than I am at the gym.

I truly don't like the gym, all those people, so many of them so fit! Parts of me know, that they don't care about me, what I'm doing, or how I look doing it, but all of those childhood taunts come back in my head.

I was all legs and arms growing up, I wore glasses and was clumsy. I was always the last one chosen for every team in gym class. By grade 6 I had developed in the chest area so fast and so large that the boys loved to watch me run, the girls were mean. You don't know what to do with that type of attention that young. By grade 8 I had managed to get enough injuries and problems that I was excused from gym class for 2 years! It was the best! I never had another gym class after grade 7, when I went to high school I only had to take one gym class in 3 years, I quit school before I ever had to do it. Since then I have successfully avoided any team sports or anything that has involved me doing anything physical in front of people except for once at my husband's company barbecue. His bosses' wife refused to let me help get the meal prepared while the rest played softball. I caught a ball that day, and stopped a home run, I hit a ball and made it to 2nd base. I still refused to do it again ever.

Why at almost 50 years of age does what others think still rule my life so much? I care what everyone thinks about every aspect of my life. I try very hard to meet my goals because I don't want to look like I failed in front of anyone. I know in my head that other's people opinions of me is not my concern, that most of the people I think are judging me aren't even aware I exist. I need to start figuring out a way to believe this and get these thoughts out of my head.

This group has so truly helped me understand that if I'm trying I'm succeeding, I don't have to be perfect. I will forever be grateful that I have found you all.

See I'm 26 and far from body confident after having 3 kids, but in the gym I don't care, you know why? Because all those "fit" people started exactly where I am, frumpy and weak and now they're slim and toned. That's why they don't judge, because they were you one day!
    My partner discovered this too, he's been doing a bit of body building and there are some guys in there built like tanks lol! A lot of people will avoid them or be intimidated by them but he talks to them and all of them have said they started when they had similar stats as my OH and now they're massive, he says it's a good thing to see what he can achieve!

Everyone starts somewhere, remember you're seeing them NOW but just think what they might have looked like a couple of years ago!

That's a really good point.
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    JFT -

It’s so hard to move on once you have negative associations of yourself. I always saw myself as unathletic because of comparing myself to others, or things people said. Then it became a self fulfilling prophecy, as I just didn’t try. It turns out I’m just as capable of physical activity as others, and have found some things I actually enjoy. I never thought this could happen for me.

I love your sentence about trying meaning you are succeeding. It is so true. And you ARE succeeding. X