WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2018

Options

Replies

• campfirequeen1
    campfirequeen1 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Just got to the bottom of page six, so thought I would post my comments before it's too long!

Barbiecat, I admire your dedication to learning to scan and store photos. That is a project I’m going to add to my list of must dos!
    Macha, I love your hair. I always wanted mine that long but it’s very fine, so even though I had an average amount of hair, it just didn’t amount to much and it didn’t look good once it passed my shoulders because it was so thin. I haven’t colored my hair in years and I love the color now, its whitish rather than grey. The bad thing is, that because it’s now very thin (due to hypothyroid) it doesn’t show up well in photos and I look near bald! Scary LOL
    @fanncy0626 AJ is an adorable bundle of love straight from heaven! Nothing better than grands! (I am assuming he is!)
    Terry in VT, Thanks for the tip about cheaper meds site!
    @fineaswine62, bless your heart honey, I’m so sorry about the loss of your home and all your possessions! That’s awful, and although I often hear people say that it’s only stuff and that it can be replaced, it’s still a major thing and for that I am sorry. But for your safety and wonderful attitude I am so very happy! It sounds like you have done so well in spite of things, you are inspiring!
    JackieAKA, you have just rocked it girl! So happy for you! I’m new here too and keeping up is not easy! LOL
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    I’ve got the snackies today! It is supposed to storm this afternoon so no mowing for me today. That would have kept me away from snack food for about 3 hours. I think I’ll go log in to work and do some more on my project.

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    agree with Heather, start with little steps and find something you enjoy. I go to the gym a couple of times a week and do KB workouts and videos at home. I'm 73 soon and feeling fitter and stronger than ever.

Kate UK <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,577 Member
    Options
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    HEATHER meal sounds wonderful, will certainly be trying it

Kate UK <3
  • langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Kylia, maybe you had a 25hr bug. Hope you are feeling better.

Heather, I’m sure with all your contacts about your book, something will come through for you.

Pip, we can use my boot as a backup to yours. Lol

Machka, it was bound to hit you eventually and I think the lack of sleep isn’t helping. Cry all you want, I find a good cry to be cleansing. (((HUGS)))

Trish, sorry…not a fan of the cutout jeans. I can just see my thighs in a pair. Lol

Dana, we are expecting a storm here in VT too.

Holly, congrats on your success. Keep going.

Rye, I haven’t found my exercise thing either. I like to walk but that’s not going to happen anytime soon. I buzz my DH’s hair so we save money there to go towards my haircuts.

Allie, sending good thoughts to your friend and her husband.

Cheri, what a supportive family. We should all have families like that.

Jackie, I have the same problem with my hair not showing up in pictures well. I always have to choose my background wisely.

Rebecca, I like your “I will think of myself with a wanderer’s heart but a body that is just happy where it’s at!”

Mary, sorry about losing your dream job. There are more out there, keep trying.

Well that’s it for today. Terry in VT awaiting the storm.
  • lilnoramitchellandre
    lilnoramitchellandre Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Kay - Sorry for the loss of your grandchild. We lost a 12-year-old granddaughter when she was struck by a car crossing a heavily traveled road by a teenager who claimed he did not see here; found out that he was 'high' or 'drunk'. Our boys saw it on the news before Louis' daughter had the opportunity to share it with us. When she did, Louis called me as I was in Savannah training. Did not even make it to the training session, left that morning to go pick up DMnL. DFnL met me at the door and told me "Do NOT cry!" We've lost contact with his daughter, her choice, so we've only seen her daughter once or twice - 2nd time when she was a year old. DMnL died about the time of the GD's birthday. She now has another daughter and they dote on her like crazy. The other day it showed on FB several people 'I might know'. I looked at the name for a few minutes, then hit 'delete' and had no qualms about doing so.

To be able to find this site, when you follow the link that Barbiecat sent you; you'll need to 'bookmark' the page by clicking on the outline of the star at the beginning of the posting page. It will then, turn yellow and you'll be able to find us for the rest of them month. You have to do this each month.

Michelle - I think I am just going to have to have then cut off, then I will just have them sized to fit over my knuckles and then have them put an expanable ring inside them, like they did my engagement ring.

I should have made notes, did not realize how far back I was. Doesn't take long to get several 100 posts behind if you miss a day.

I am beginning to 'hate' MDs scales, no two of them weigh the same. I've ranged from 160 to 166 - so I will take the middle ground and not worry about maybe gaining a little.

Just ordered a back brace; maybe then, Louis won't have to remind me to hold my shoulders back. The only thing that concerned me was that when I went back to the page after being redirected I did not see a place to 'log out' like I do most of the time. Oh well!

The damn phone calls are starting all over again. I've had 32 calls since 8:30am. I got 10 or 11 calls back-to-back from the same damn number. I've called my ISP and reported it again, they had an open ticket where I had asked for them to lower the number of times it rings before voicemail picks up. If it is a number I recognize, the phone is right by me and I will be able to pick it up before it stops. Ten rings x 32 times is a hell of a lot of ringing, which in essense makes me a prisoner in my own home. I muted one phone; and, now it rings in the kitchen; but, it won't allow me to mute the 2nd phone. I just check for voice mail, then delete all the calls at the end of the day. I've answered the calls "Sheriff's Department, where is your emergency" or "Fire Department, where is your emergency" ... all the do then is hang up. I wish phones were still on 'cradles' at least I could feel the satisfaction of knowing they would know I had 'slammed the phone down' in their ear. When my boys were little and we did not get nearly as many; I'd just lay the phone down for a while, come back, and 'if' they were reading from a 'script' would ask if they could 'clarify that last statement or part'. Of I will pick up the phone and say, 'Who is this? Did you know the parties's? You've just called a murder scene? Where are you located, we'll send a squad car around there to pick you up for questions?!? Do you own any guns? Or I would 'scream' ... "SON, clean up that dirty diaper, can't you see I am on the phone?" "Why did you bring it to me, why did you even take it off" Hopefully Windstream will be able to reduce the number of times it rings. Told the guy if he needed to call back, just leave a message Well, 7 is better than 10 rings; but, I want it to be 'only' 3.

Oh, and the jeans ... I am going to cut up mine and wear hot pink thongs and use the extra material to make a bustiér to match with hot pink ruffles and trim. Wonder what the view is from behind, they don't show that. And, yes, someone WILL buy it AND WEAR them, even at $168 a pair - thinking Milly Cyrus or even Madonna (who has gotten a bit too old to even wear what she does as it is).

If there was anything else, I wanted to post ... I have forgotten it.

Lenora
  • lilnoramitchellandre
    lilnoramitchellandre Posts: 144 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Oh, did I mentioned that we went to Atlanta last night to see YANNI? Great show; just not the full orchester he has on his DVDs; but, you really did not miss the 'wind' section at all. The drummer was amazing!!!! Three hours up, 4 hours (about) show, then 3 hours home.

Lenora
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)<3
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    ⚓⚓⚓⚓⚓
  • wildhorsewendy
    wildhorsewendy Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Lenora!https://media.giphy.com/media/NPboRWBv3qzfi/giphy.gif

Laughing My Socks Off! :D Wendy
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Carol & Cheri I even balk at making travel plans to places I really want to go to because I don't want to leave home, I don't want to deal with the public or other travelers, I don't want to be unable to retreat to re-energize. Yep, I have fun when I go out, but I even have to talk myself into going to my grandchildren's sports events! It's kind of a pain.

Karen in Virginia
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    Carol & Cheri I even balk at making travel plans to places I really want to go to because I don't want to leave home, I don't want to deal with the public or other travelers, I don't want to be unable to retreat to re-energize. Yep, I have fun when I go out, but I even have to talk myself into going to my grandchildren's sports events! It's kind of a pain.

Karen in Virginia

So glad to hear I'm not the only one! Like my daughter said once "Man it takes effort to live!"
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,061 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Holly once a year our Art Museum in Minneapolis have floral artists (they do not have to be associated with a florist) come in and create a floral arrangement inspired by a work of art. The call it ART in BLOOM. They only do it for four days and it is always the last week in April and first few days in May. St. Louis does one too. There's is earlier in the year. It is short too. I do it as often as I can. Combines my two loves. Art and flowers.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,727 Member
    Options
    was supposed to leave tomorrow morning for Maine, and haven't heard from Jen .. no news is good news.. I am guessing we will be cancelling the trip.. I am hoping and praying the cancer has not spread to his stomach...this guy was super fit before he was diagnosed.. you just never know..