40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "Body Beast Bulk: Shoulders"=Done! Allergies a little better today and I have the AC cranked.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    @Djproulx - well done on your race! Glad the cranky heel cooperated and let you run pain free.
    My feet are really starting to bother me when running now. Used to be only on the bike after a distance, but by 5km of running, they are screaming.
    Am going to try a Reiki treatment tonight after work. I've had a couple of people suggest it for my feet, so will see how that goes. It is Morton's Neuroma, also known as "hot foot" amongst cyclists.

Borrowed a bike trainer from a friend, and tried it out for the first time last night. LOVED IT! Am going to invest in my own. :) Will certainly help during the winter months.

It's a cool, rainy, dreary day here - but it's not snow, so will take it!

Have a great day all!
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,718 Member
    Options
    Morning, y'all. Did my first ever yoga class last night. Great workout - I'll be going back for more of that. See if I can regain some flexibility.

Circuit training workout this morning. No one showed but me and the trainer. So we decided to do deadlifts and bench presses. Then some kettlebell work - straight leg deadlifts - windmills - and swings. He says "Let's do one hundred swings". I said "No way". But the trainer knows - I'm too proud to get shown up by anyone else. So one hundred swings were done. HAHA! :D
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    sdereski wrote: »
    Borrowed a bike trainer from a friend, and tried it out for the first time last night. LOVED IT! Am going to invest in my own. :) Will certainly help during the winter months.

hehehe....that's how it starts. Welcome to the club. :)
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    so...just registered for next year's BEAST while at lunch. April 27 2019! guess I'll start training.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    BettyM1017 wrote: »
    gam3rguy wrote: »
    "P90X3: The Challenge"=Done! 16/25!

16/25?!! You really are a Beast!!

yea, I like that one. :)
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    3m on the treadmill, followed by strength work. I think I've finally figured out how to lift weights and still be functional the next few days. Start slower. Genius. :-/
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    Chest & tris...DONE!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,989 Member
    Options
    Goin’ outside, today, for a walk....I have not done that since Autumn. THIS extended and horrid winter is OVER. BOOM!
  • __TMac__
    Options
    Rest/NEAT day. Mowing the lawn, laundry, grocery shopping, cleaning, walkies with the dog.

But it’s a beautiful day and my running gear is giving me puppy dog eyes.
  • mandipandi75
    mandipandi75 Posts: 6,035 Member
    Options
    *just trying to pass for cool* B)
  • BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    “By Odin’s beard”. :p

Awesome pic! Scary...but awesome!!
  • BettyM1017
    Options
    Another CG Strength and Agility week is in the books! They just posted the events for CG Games. Oh vey, I've got some training to do! Don't get me wrong, I'm positive I could finish all 5 events, it's just a matter of how FAST I can finish them. CG Games is in July, so I'm spending today (my "rest" day) working out my training plan. Nothing quite like getting into the best shape of your life....at age 51! Lol!

Btw, if you're curious about CG Games, here's a link to the site. The Event videos are on the bottom, right. https://cggames.com/prelims/
  • BettyM1017
    Options
    __TMac__ wrote: »
    Rest/NEAT day. Mowing the lawn, laundry, grocery shopping, cleaning, walkies with the dog.

But it’s a beautiful day and my running gear is giving me puppy dog eyes.

I know that feeling! The only reason I'm actually able to pass up a run today is because I worked very late that past 2 nights and slept in a bit today to recover and I have to be to work early to open this afternoon. Not enough hours in between to do what I need to do and run.
  • __TMac__
    Options
    4-mile run.

(I typed “4-mike” run first, which struck me as funny. I only know three Mikes.)
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    BOOYAH! Less than an hour!!!

f1gxaavd2ud7.jpeg

The things we will do for Bling and Beer. Nice!
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Well my weekends had been full of food and alcohol and socializing. Not going to feel bad as I rarely go out, also not going to weigh myself! Did get in kickboxing Friday night and my last self defence class (our instructor is going to china tho study), kettlebell and kickboxing Saturday and a long walk today.
  • ihaveafreshstarteveryday
    Options
    Count me in...glad to be apart
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    45:58 official time. That may be a new record for me. B)