30 Day Shred Group- August (Part 2)

Options

Replies

• cmDaffy
    cmDaffy Posts: 6,991 Member
    Options
    Weighed in this morning and I am down 6lbs since starting 30DS!!! Level 2 Day 1 tonight!

That's AWESOME!!!! :bigsmile:
  • cmDaffy
    Options
    Day 11

Level 2 / Day 5 Complete

My breathing is a lot more controlled now. I'm getting better with my plank positions and form in general. This level was exciting at first but I'm starting to get bored. :( I'm gonna keep at it though.

Funny that you're getting bored, I'm having a blast with this one, so much more fun then Level 1! If you jump ahead, don't tell me what's in store!

ROCK ON! :tongue:
  • summerbert
    summerbert Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Once I get this migraine gone I am starting *hopefully* tomorrow
  • Evallusion
    Evallusion Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Day 11

Level 2 / Day 5 Complete

My breathing is a lot more controlled now. I'm getting better with my plank positions and form in general. This level was exciting at first but I'm starting to get bored. :( I'm gonna keep at it though.

Funny that you're getting bored, I'm having a blast with this one, so much more fun then Level 1! If you jump ahead, don't tell me what's in store!

ROCK ON! :tongue:

I was having a blast as well but I'm noticing a trend where I get bored around the 5th day. But I'm going to try to stick it out for the full 10 days with Level 2 though.

In order to deal with my "boredom", I decided to do Jillian's Banish Fat Boost Metabolism DVD. THIS WAS INTENSE!!! It was a challenge from start to end--but completely "doable". I'm going to try and squeeze this one in at least 3 times a week. I'm really lovin' this workout.
  • Misiaxcore
    Misiaxcore Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Completed L1D8 today. Wow, I'm finding it's getting harder. My one calf muscle is hurting like no one's business which is making it really hard to do the cardio and leg stuff. I'm also doing the C25K thing and swimming/jump roping when I feel like it, which I'm sure all contribute to the pain. It's been gogogo for me for the past 12 days with my workouts, so I think I'll have a rest on Sunday xD I'll see how I feel, but I don't think I can ignore this pain any longer, since it's been a week =/
  • cmDaffy
    Options
    I was having a blast as well but I'm noticing a trend where I get bored around the 5th day. But I'm going to try to stick it out for the full 10 days with Level 2 though.

In order to deal with my "boredom", I decided to do Jillian's Banish Fat Boost Metabolism DVD. THIS WAS INTENSE!!! It was a challenge from start to end--but completely "doable". I'm going to try and squeeze this one in at least 3 times a week. I'm really lovin' this workout.

Is that her workout that requires Kettlebells? Tell me a little bit more about it. Is is done in circuits?
  • cmDaffy
    Options
    Day 17 done! Nothing exciting to report Jillian-wise, I DID have my own lifting this morning and was able to increase my weight on my shoulders. Considering that's my weakest body part, I was pretty excited!

ROCK ON!!! :tongue:
  • Evallusion
    Options

Is that her workout that requires Kettlebells? Tell me a little bit more about it. Is is done in circuits?

This one isnt with the kettlebells but it is done in circuits.

It has a warmup (5 minutes) followed by seven 6-minute circuits (42 minutes) and ends with a cooldown (5 minutes). Its really worth checking out. I love her circuit method.
  • Evallusion
    Options
    Day 12

Level 2 / Day 6 Complete

I hate plank twists...and thats all I have to say about that...
  • FullmetalAlchemistMommy
    Options
    Ok ladies, I skipped a day 4 of level 2 last night. I getting ready to bust it out though, then I'm gonna try and do day 5 tonight. I'm not sure I can do both of them in way day but I am certainly gonna try!
  • cmDaffy
    Options

This one isnt with the kettlebells but it is done in circuits.

It has a warmup (5 minutes) followed by seven 6-minute circuits (42 minutes) and ends with a cooldown (5 minutes). Its really worth checking out. I love her circuit method.

I'll have to check it out. I already agreed to do another 30 DS with a bunch of friends starting Sept 1st, but after that, I'm up to trying anything. And yeah, I'm giggling :laugh: at you and the plank twists - LOVE THEM!!!
  • dids01
    dids01 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    has anyone tried the 6pack in 6 weeks? I've just ordered that one so am going to do it with the 30 DS or am I being too ambitious?
  • lbtewksbury
    lbtewksbury Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I did level2 day 2 last night and it was harder than day 1, I was sweating like a pig but I definitely feel like I've gotten stronger. I struggle with the squat thrusts and plank jacks but the jumping jacks are almost easy to me now and on Day 1 level 1 I was winded on them . I am getting stronger and I will finish this. I wish I could say that I've lost weight but I haven't just focusing on NSV's right now. I know the scale is not the only barometer so I will focus on getting fit!!!!I'm so glad to know I have the support of this awesome community. Keep shredding everyone!!!!
  • darina23
    darina23 Posts: 114
    Options
    nice! I'm also on L1D4 today. It's getting much easier, I must admit. I'm also using only 1 lb weights, because I'm constantly carrying the baby around and need my arms intact. I can still feel my arms burn, though, also I can see my body slowly starting to shape up and I'm loving it!!
  • jms88
    jms88 Posts: 49
    Options
    @foremant86 - I find her encouraging! Toward the end of Level 1 I started turning it down, just so I didn't keep hearing the EXACT same thing, but I think she helps actually.

@lbtewksbury - Same here. I'm not really thinking as much about pounds. In fact, that's one of the things I have on my mind today.

I moved on to Level 2 today, and found that just as I had expected, I had to take more breaks than I did on L1D10. More breaks, more worn out muscles, and inability to finish the sets. I realize that that is supposed to happen. It seems pretty intuitive that one reason that L1 had gotten easier for me was "muscle memory" - which is one reason why the circuits/levels are effective.

Go Team August!!
  • cmDaffy
    Options
    I can honestly say, that my arms feel thin today! (how weird is that as a statement, but yet, it's oh so true) I think my abs feel tighter, and my chest feels lifted.

ROCK ON!!!:tongue:
  • vivianleemit
    Options
    Hey all, checking in. Due to travel I managed to skip a lot of days, so I think I will be restarting the program today on L1D1. Feel kinda bad about it, but better to restart than to give up, right?
  • yad97
    yad97 Posts: 43
    Options
    Started level 2 today. I even have a sore throat, but pushed through! It challenged my arms and they are stronger than my legs. Was planning to do my toning ball workout right after (Firm Fat Burning Sculpting Ball video- my absolute fave), but my arms were shaking a bit. I was pretty surprised at how much I was sweating! I hit the elliptical instead.

Planks are not my best move, so I have lots of work to do!
  • erinoldham19
    Options
    wasn't able to do day 2 level 2 this morning but got it in tonight... my thighs are sore and have been from day one.. i haven't noticed any results BUT i'm' feeling good so thats a result in its self i guess...

anyhow everyone, great job sticking with the program we are almost half way there!
  • myiceisonfire
    myiceisonfire Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Weigh-in for Level 1....
    I weighed myself before starting Level1 @ 207.2lbs, but then went up to 210 a day or so after. Weighed myself after Level1 @ 202.8.....

Lost 7.2lbs during Level 1. Or 4.4lbs if you don't count the gain I had during it. Either way, I'm happy =)
    Not doing measurements until after all 30 Days are up.