Somebody lectured me about Splenda today

Options

Replies

• GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    I was at Starbucks yesterday and got soy milk in my iced coffee, and they didn't say anything to me but the 2 women behind were discussing very loudly (I'm sure they intended for me to hear) about how soy is "sooo bad for you" and almond milk is way better blah blah blah "toxinz, estrongen, etc". I couldn't help myself so I turned around, stared right at them, took a large sip, and went ahhhhh. They looked at me like I had just kicked a puppy, it was great!

I had a woman look into my grocery basket and tell her friend that soy milk was bad for you. If she were really smart she would have noticed it was almond milk. Eyes on your own cart.

This one is just a ton of irony. I was fixing coffee with creamer when a guy in front of the store, who had just been asking for money for food, comes in and tells me I shouldn't be using cows pus and its not fit for human consumption. Um, thanks?

Totally off topic - nice new profile pic!
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    I was at Starbucks yesterday and got soy milk in my iced coffee, and they didn't say anything to me but the 2 women behind were discussing very loudly (I'm sure they intended for me to hear) about how soy is "sooo bad for you" and almond milk is way better blah blah blah "toxinz, estrongen, etc". I couldn't help myself so I turned around, stared right at them, took a large sip, and went ahhhhh. They looked at me like I had just kicked a puppy, it was great!

I had a woman look into my grocery basket and tell her friend that soy milk was bad for you. If she were really smart she would have noticed it was almond milk. Eyes on your own cart.

This one is just a ton of irony. I was fixing coffee with creamer when a guy in front of the store, who had just been asking for money for food, comes in and tells me I shouldn't be using cows pus and its not fit for human consumption. Um, thanks?

A couple summers ago I was leaving a fancy pizza restaurant in Santa Barbara with some leftovers, and we passed a guy on the street with a sign that said “homeless and hungry please help”. I offered him the pizza leftovers and he said “no thanks, I don’t eat dairy”. Maybe it was the same guy!

I offered a homeless guy an apple and some yogurt one morning. He didn't want either. I figured he couldn't be that hungry. I wasn't going to give him change.

My friend offerred a "homeless" guy complete with a begging sign a sandwich, crisps and a drink, he told her to *kitten* off..... 8 hours later on her way home from work she saw the same guy getting into a bow parked down a side street