Less Alcohol- May 2018- One Day at a Time

Options

Replies

• Alzzi76
    Alzzi76 Posts: 504 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    ^ cool ;)

Well guys,.. ive made it to this evening..lol without a sniff... this sound like im really bad but I'm getting in here b4 i get any other ideas :p

I'm sure ill b ok.. but just to b sure ill LUK!! :D;)

cheers.. hope all u others are bhaving ;);) .. lol
  • Alzzi76
    Options
    islandbeez wrote: »
    @Alzzi76 you did really great! Especially with the daughter situation, it was one of those things you could have made yourself reason out since it was a gift. Well done!

I had a dry weekend. Yesterday was my only temptation because we had a bbq with my daughter-in-law to be and all that new family. Absolutely nothing in common with these people except the grand baby and they were all drinking. It would have been so easy grab a drink and lighten the awkwardness, but instead I drank my water and tried not to roll my eyes the whole time ;-) le sigh

Here's to a great week for us all...stay strong, friends!! <3<3

Thats so awesome. I could imagine it as i was reading it. Its so tricky. The whole time i have to kelp talking myself through it. When im good ;);) i sip on lemon and soda water..
    The feeling after is amazing. When everyone is ready to go to sleep im ready for a run :D such a contrast.

Im so happy for your victory too <3
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    donimfp wrote: »
    I had a glass of wine yesterday on what was supposed to be Day 14 AF. We were at Book of Mormon. That’s my only excuse. Wine was good BUT. I was miserable last night wanting more. Seriously? When will I convince myself that moderation doesn’t work for me? I’m off to a job interview in 30 minutes. Thankful I didn’t indulge past that one glass. Day 1 today.

PS. “Woo” is bad? I never knew what it was.

Good luck at the interview!

Yes most people use Woo to mean “that’s a load of hooey” it’s commonly used when people are spouting pseudoscience . When MFP first added it they told people it could be used positively “woo hoo!” Or negatively “that Woo out has no place here”. Because of all the confusion they’ve since come back and clarified that it is best meant as a negative reaction, like on the countless ACV threads where someone says that they read on Instagram that drinking ACV will help get rid of stubborn belly fat... that’s a WOO in an eye rolling way. But a lot of people are still confused and then you have people who think Woo is always negative getting woo’d by people who mean it positively. It’s a mess.
  • Alzzi76
    Options
    I

We r learning.. i think it might depend on peoples personalitys..lol ;) luv the wooers all the same
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,181 Member
    Options
    I had a glass of wine yesterday on what was supposed to be Day 14 AF. We were at Book of Mormon. That’s my only excuse. Wine was good BUT. I was miserable last night wanting more. Seriously? When will I convince myself that moderation doesn’t work for me? I’m off to a job interview in 30 minutes. Thankful I didn’t indulge past that one glass. Day 1 today.

No worries! I 'm happy you had just one. After 14 days of none. Great success!

I feel like you. I'm starting fresh today and thought it's going to be a long month without alcohol. I did enjoy it this weekend, but today woke up after a great night sleep so fresh. It is worth the battle to abstain the mornings are so much better. Good luck at your interview!
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    NovusDies wrote: »
    So nothing this weekend went the way I wanted it to and I don't think talking about it yet is good. I have to learn to treat it the way I treat food and not be angry.

Oh, I hear this. I had this same thought this morning. I don't get angry or resentful when I make certain food choices to hit a calorie goal. I don't eat a piece of pie and then polish off the rest telling myself "Well, I already blew my calorie goal . . . . I might as well." Alcohol (for me) involves all these faulty rationales and messy emotions that I no longer have with food.
  • donimfp
    donimfp Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    @Auntieodie, Yes to exhaustion! I’ve been reading that it’s common for up to a month or so but eventually goes away. I’m waiting for that.